BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 97

2013-01-23 12:04 PM
in reply to: #4543109

User image

Champion
Calgary
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Closed
feeling kinda good about my run into work today, 25k, -10, 18km winds, earns me some lunch.

2013-01-23 12:15 PM
in reply to: #4591219

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

BigDH - 2013-01-23 11:04 AM feeling kinda good about my run into work today, 25k, -10, 18km winds, earns me some lunch.

Peter's for the double cheeseburger and fries? Smile

2013-01-23 12:37 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
I started new medication over the weekend for the heart.  I'm glad I didn't start until Saturday night after the race.  I have been nauseous ever since.  Every so often it goes away so I take that opportunity to shovel any type of food in me so I can keep it down.  Needless to say I have done nada, zip, zero since then.  I know I shouldn't but I feel guilty for not doing anything.  The doctor said it should go away within a week of starting.   Any food tips on something small with high calories and nutrition?  The smaller the amount the better.
2013-01-23 1:58 PM
in reply to: #4591287

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Burd - 2013-01-23 11:37 AM I started new medication over the weekend for the heart.  I'm glad I didn't start until Saturday night after the race.  I have been nauseous ever since.  Every so often it goes away so I take that opportunity to shovel any type of food in me so I can keep it down.  Needless to say I have done nada, zip, zero since then.  I know I shouldn't but I feel guilty for not doing anything.  The doctor said it should go away within a week of starting.   Any food tips on something small with high calories and nutrition?  The smaller the amount the better.

My favourite which kills me on my caloire counting is cashews...taste so good but I eat waaay too many!

2013-01-23 2:25 PM
in reply to: #4591287

User image

Veteran
Dallas

Burd - 2013-01-23 12:37 PM I started new medication over the weekend for the heart.  I'm glad I didn't start until Saturday night after the race.  I have been nauseous ever since.  Every so often it goes away so I take that opportunity to shovel any type of food in me so I can keep it down.  Needless to say I have done nada, zip, zero since then.  I know I shouldn't but I feel guilty for not doing anything.  The doctor said it should go away within a week of starting.   Any food tips on something small with high calories and nutrition?  The smaller the amount the better.

for me, I need to lose another 10lbs so I would try to drink ginger or peppermint tea (natural anti-emetic foods) and enjoy the weight loss.

I agree with nuts, chocolate, almond butter for nutrient dense foods.

I hope it gets better and your heart stays strong. I assume a beta-blocker?

Work out today.

I had a surprise day off. I planned to do s/b/r and crush the day.

Well, started with a bit of a cramp in one leg as I slept with the dog last night (let the jokes begin) and felt like crap very early in the swim. My legs felt dead. I have been ramping up my bike a little fast (I used to bike 20-30 miles twice a week but got out of that....until the inside trainer). So, I had to put the zoomers on my feet to do my entire workout. I really wanted to quit twice.

Then I had a PBJ sandwich followed by a 9 mile slow run with my black lab. Weather in the 70's (don't worry you can harass my when it is over 100 degrees in Dallas soon). I was not sure if I should run but went a little slower and walked the first and last mile to help the muscles.

laying down now with compression socks on gearing up for the return of the boys from school.

Edited by bobddsmd 2013-01-23 2:32 PM
2013-01-23 2:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
Sadly I am eating up my time on the scale not being able to eat, lol.  Today I managed a banana and a few hours later got a protein shake down.  They both stayed down also, yay.  I figured I really enjoy the flavor of my shakes and I figured it has all kinds of goodies in it.  

2013-01-23 3:46 PM
in reply to: #4591485

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
bobddsmd - 2013-01-23 3:25 PM

Burd - 2013-01-23 12:37 PM I started new medication over the weekend for the heart.  I'm glad I didn't start until Saturday night after the race.  I have been nauseous ever since.  Every so often it goes away so I take that opportunity to shovel any type of food in me so I can keep it down.  Needless to say I have done nada, zip, zero since then.  I know I shouldn't but I feel guilty for not doing anything.  The doctor said it should go away within a week of starting.   Any food tips on something small with high calories and nutrition?  The smaller the amount the better.

for me, I need to lose another 10lbs so I would try to drink ginger or peppermint tea (natural anti-emetic foods) and enjoy the weight loss.

Work out today.

Well, started with a bit of a cramp in one leg as I slept with the dog last night (let the jokes begin) and felt like crap very early in the swim. My legs felt dead. I have been ramping up my bike a little fast (I used to bike 20-30 miles twice a week but got out of that....until the inside trainer). So, I had to put the zoomers on my feet to do my entire workout. I really wanted to quit twice.

Then I had a PBJ sandwich followed by a 9 mile slow run with my black lab. Weather in the 70's (don't worry you can harass my when it is over 100 degrees in Dallas soon). I was not sure if I should run but went a little slower and walked the first and last mile to help the muscles.

laying down now with compression socks on gearing up for the return of the boys from school.

No fun when you are ready for them Wink

But that's a killer workout in a day!

Edited by Burd 2013-01-23 3:47 PM
2013-01-23 5:42 PM

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada

BigDH - 2013-01-23 3:04 AM feeling kinda good about my run into work today, 25k, -10, 18km winds, earns me some lunch.

Hard as F#@$!!!

2013-01-23 5:47 PM

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada
bobddsmd - 2013-01-23 5:25 AM

Work out today.

Oh man....if I had a dollar for every time I ......uhhhhhh. But honestly this is me a lot, due to my snoring, which I hope will improve with the weight loss!

70 degrees....I don't even know what to say to that. Today's high here is -6 F ...The HIGH! ...

2013-01-23 5:51 PM

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada
bobddsmd - 2013-01-23 5:25 AM

Agreed on the Tea's.

I feel for you Alex, I think the liquid route would be good too, smoothies, like you said..maybe some light soups as well, with good vegetable content. 

hoping your feeling better soon

2013-01-23 5:53 PM

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada

No running for me yet unfortunately, last night was horrible for sleeping... poor little girl has her third tooth peaking through and was just a-screamin' like a banshee! I took the hit and sat up with her since my Wife has been doing almost everything since she was born due to the fact that she is breastfeeding.

I am hoping tomorrow will be my frosty return back to the run!

2013-01-23 7:04 PM
in reply to: #4590695

User image

Expert
mcmanusclan5 - 2013-01-23 7:52 AM

OK - back from killer work travel and a great weekend skiing with the family up VT way.

So, given the prolific nature of this group (beer must do the same thing for posts that it does for conversation&hellip, I know have eleventy-three gazillion posts on which to catch up!  

Been mostly running of late - bike in the shop for almost a month and a shoulder coming back from "improved form" (read as, a high elbow recovery is NOT always a good thing&hellip, but got back in the pool last night.  Felt great to be back in the water (if only for ~1000yds).

Well, off to catch up on the conversation!

Matt 

Welcome back Matt!  Glad you are back in the pool and you are working to "worsen' your stroke.

Sorry about the Pats!  I hate the Ravens - so I was actually rooting for the home team.  I may have jinxed it.  

Which bike shop, if you don't mind me asking, has been taking so long to get your bike back to you?  I can imagine waiting for a couple of weeks in April - but not in February!

2013-01-23 7:07 PM
in reply to: #4590989

User image

Expert
SportzVision - 2013-01-23 10:12 AM
Qua17 - 2013-01-22 8:05 PM

It snowed last night in Boston - not a ton but enough to slow everyone down a bit.  As it turned out, I was the first one in the pool and I was almost able to convince myself that my 2:35/100 was fast.  Unfortunately - the next person in was this former college swimmer who is probably 2x as fast as me (but I could out drink her).

22/31 after today's swim... No coors light for me.  As a reward, I tried a new Rye beer from my friend's brewery.  Not bad. Anyone got a good rye of me to try?

Tomorrow I'm going to gingerly hop on the bike and try to get in 30 minutes plus, I might do some yoga in the morning.  Night!

I know the feeling, you think you are cruising until someone else comes in and laps you!  We have about the same swim pace so we could always swim together!

Cynthia - Same pace?  Not with all the working out you are doing!  Although - after your workout yesterday, I bet I could probably eek out a win...

Charles - I've been there... It takes a while but that time will improve.  At least you look cooler than all the other guys in the pool.  Do they do Master Swimming classes at your pool?  Masters classes are good ways of getting some help with your stroke.  They are usually taught by an instructor who gives you a little 1 on 1 time to improve your stroke.  Heres a link: http://www.usms.org/lmsc/ 

Edited by Qua17 2013-01-23 7:13 PM
2013-01-23 7:07 PM

User image

Veteran
New Mexico

Darren - you are an animal!

Alex - I agree with the ginger and peppermint, soups smoothies, etc.  Hope the issue resolves itself soon.  

Bob - I think I'm just going to let sleeping dogs lay 

Justin - good luck with the back hope it heals fast

I had a great day of Ice rescue training it was a blast!  I am completely worn out though, brought my running shoes thinking I might sneak in a short run at 8,000 feet, but I think I will just rest.  Hope everyone is doing well!

2013-01-23 7:50 PM

User image

Expert

BigDH - 2013-01-23 12:04 PM feeling kinda good about my run into work today, 25k, -10, 18km winds, earns me some lunch.

So, today at work people are complaining about the cold... It was 8 degrees this morning.  So, I tell them the story of a crazy canadian who runs in the snow with shorts on...  "Why on earth would he do that? one of the teachers asked. Well now we know the answer - DH was running for his lunch.  

DH - I honest to god just read your post to my 10 year old son as I was contemplating your run this morning. He asked himself "What's an adjective to describe that?"  His answer, "Studly"

2013-01-23 8:07 PM

User image

Expert

Woke up this morning at 4:30 and got in 30 minutes of yoga.  I've got to say - I'm really enjoying the Yoga.  I am really tight with very litle flexibility and I really feel the stretch - especially in my back when doing the poses.  I'm really hoping it helps me avoid injury this year.

This afternoon, my wife took the kids and I was able to get in 35 minutes on the bike.  I was listening to an 80's station on pandora and would go hard during the verses and easy during the choruses.  I got a pretty decent workout in - and to finish it off with a little Twisted Sister - does it get any better? Wink

I really tried to protect the plumbing on this ride - my thickest bike shorts and I tried to rest my weight on my pelvis bones... Hope that helps - but that familiar ache is returning... 

Tomorrow is my long run and swim... Giving some thought to getting my run in early with the hopes of spending some family time on Thursday night.  

2013-01-23 8:23 PM
in reply to: #4591900

User image

Veteran
Illinois

Charles - I've been there... It takes a while but that time will improve.  At least you look cooler than all the other guys in the pool.  Do they do Master Swimming classes at your pool?  Masters classes are good ways of getting some help with your stroke.  They are usually taught by an instructor who gives you a little 1 on 1 time to improve your stroke.  Heres a link: http://www.usms.org/lmsc/ 

There'sa master's group in a nearby town - I think I am going to join in the spring; I am focusing on building base right now, and the biggest hurdle is checking my ego and doing the drills and focusing on form, instead of running myself into the ground.

On the good news front, I scored a new, in-box, factory-sealed Cycleops Fluid 2 trainer for $150 off craigslist today.  I'll be sure to play with it this weekend.

2013-01-23 8:37 PM

User image

Connecticut

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve posted anything on the forum. Haven’t had much to
say in regards to exercise. I’ve been devoting my time to study for the gmats
(test this weekend), finishing the nursey (all done!) and like many other
people recovering from a cold. With all that I haven’t really been able to hit
the gym as much as I like.

But with the test nearing, the baby’s room being complete and this cold finally
gone I can focus on my workouts. Tomorrow will be my first time back in the
pool in over 3 weeks. My plan for the rest of the week is below. Wish me luck!

• Thursday- Morning Swim
  • Friday- Evening
    • Racquetball
  • Saturday- Off
  • Sunday
    • Racquetball in the morning;
    • followed by a repeat of Thursdays swim workout.

Edited by lp3510 2013-01-23 8:39 PM
2013-01-23 8:39 PM
in reply to: #4591985

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
mirthfuldragon - 2013-01-23 6:23 PM

There'sa master's group in a nearby town - I think I am going to join in the spring; I am focusing on building base right now, and the biggest hurdle is checking my ego and doing the drills and focusing on form, instead of running myself into the ground.

On the good news front, I scored a new, in-box, factory-sealed Cycleops Fluid 2 trainer for $150 off craigslist today.  I'll be sure to play with it this weekend.

Nice work on the trainer.  That's a great buy.

I got ejected from my rec league hockey game last night.  My little man's syndrome kicked in to high gear, and one of the youngsters started calling my mom bad names.  It gave my team a lift however, and they were able to put a couple in at the end of the 3rd for a well earned win.

That being said, I'm already tired tonight, and know that 5 am is coming awfully early.  Got to get out the door for my run tomorrow, so I'm posting it here so I can have much shame if I take the cowards way out and lay on the couch instead of getting out there and getting it done.

2013-01-23 8:51 PM
in reply to: #4591985

User image

Veteran
Dallas
mirthfuldragon - 2013-01-23 8:23 PM

great job on the trainer! I suggest you give trainerroad.com a go. It is $10 a month and it really helps to push a person. It also has great fitness tests for FTP. Of course this is based on me using it for 2 weeks.

2013-01-23 8:54 PM
in reply to: #4591964

User image

Veteran
Dallas
Qua17 - 2013-01-23 8:07 PM

Woke up this morning at 4:30 and got in 30 minutes of yoga.  I've got to say - I'm really enjoying the Yoga.  I am really tight with very litle flexibility and I really feel the stretch - especially in my back when doing the poses.  I'm really hoping it helps me avoid injury this year.

This afternoon, my wife took the kids and I was able to get in 35 minutes on the bike.  I was listening to an 80's station on pandora and would go hard during the verses and easy during the choruses.  I got a pretty decent workout in - and to finish it off with a little Twisted Sister - does it get any better? Wink

I really tried to protect the plumbing on this ride - my thickest bike shorts and I tried to rest my weight on my pelvis bones... Hope that helps - but that familiar ache is returning... 

Tomorrow is my long run and swim... Giving some thought to getting my run in early with the hopes of spending some family time on Thursday night.  

great work on the Yoga. I think it will do some wonderful things for you this year. Even though p90x made me hate yoga class, I still will do several poses at work (when alone).

What is going to be our February challenge? Planks/pushups alternating days for the month??? Only whole foods?

2013-01-23 10:31 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Got my bike back today (yes!).  More aggressive fit (there was a lot more "me" this time last year&hellip - slammed down a bit and a longer stem (let the jokes begin).

Did 30' on the trainer to see how it fit - like a glove!

Went for another 30' on the treadmill after that (3 miles + strength, per the Higdon plan for today, so that was almost perfect). 

'Course, it was about 45 degrees in the basement!  Better than Canada, outside in the snow, in shorts - but not as studly.  

Matt

2013-01-24 8:14 AM
in reply to: #4592033

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
bobddsmd - 2013-01-23 7:54 PM
Qua17 - 2013-01-23 8:07 PM

great work on the Yoga. I think it will do some wonderful things for you this year. Even though p90x made me hate yoga class, I still will do several poses at work (when alone).

What is going to be our February challenge? Planks/pushups alternating days for the month??? Only whole foods?

Here is a challenge for everyone that you can include your whole family in. I did this a couple of years ago with my son and wife during the height of my weight loss! 100 pushups in a row.

Here is the link to the website. I bought the app for my smartphone. works pretty good!

Oh and we did complete the task...of course I probably couldn`t do thirty right now but...

http://hundredpushups.com

Oh and let everyone know what beer you had the night before you slept with the dog...not sure whether to stay away or drink double considering the workout you had!

2013-01-24 8:17 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
Question for today....who is racing next in our group?
2013-01-24 9:31 AM
in reply to: #4592468

User image

Veteran
Dallas

thor67 - 2013-01-24 8:17 AM Question for today....who is racing next in our group?

I don't think I had enough beer when I slept with the dog!

I'm up for a pushup challenge.

Next race is first week of April for Galveston 70.3. This will be my first HIM. I don't feel ready yet but I think the plan will get me to the start.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Closed Rss Feed  

of 97