of 59

2013-08-19 4:23 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Subject: RE: 100d x 10m = 1 strong core
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by MSU_Brad Okay, so I was 2nd place in my AG out of 19. The event was USAT certified. My understanding is that the top 10% of finishers in each AG qualify for AG Nationals. 2nd place out of 19 is not quite top 10% mathematically. I know there is some point where you do get rolled in. The question is: did this qualify me for next year?

Probably. They seemed pretty lax in this situation last year. Although, who knows if things will change as demand increases.

Guess you will just have to go out there an lay down 1st Wink

Actually, just realized I should be good. What I wasn't including were the 3 guys in my 40-44 AG who raced as Clydes. That should put me at 2nd of 22 and thus good to go! Happy!

2013-08-19 4:24 PM
in reply to: caffer

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by caffer Checking in for Thursday.... 1 min each 15 sec rest in between 2 sets Crunches Superman Plank Spiderman leg in High Plank Bicycle Had some workout partners last night. They goofed off a lot but it was the most fun I have had with a workout in a while. We were getting set up for our plank when this pic was taken, my form isn't usually that bad.  photo IMG_20130815_210333.jpg

I love this!!

2013-08-19 10:03 PM

User image

Veteran
Ferndale
Hey guys!

Checking in for Monday. Sore today and my abs seem to lack any type of endurance.

1 min each 10 sec rest in-between..

Crunch
Plank
8 count crunch (1 min)
Dying Bug (1 min(
Left Side Plank
Right Side Plank
Crunch Toe Touch
V-Abs
Crunch
Plank

Muddled my way through, gotta get back on the wagon!

Race Report from yesterday...

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

2013-08-20 11:35 AM
in reply to: caffer

User image

Seattle
We've got one serious BAMF in our group. Go check out this beast of a race: BAMF RR
2013-08-20 10:27 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

So I head out to the lake this evening to get a nice easy swim in and at the swim area there are a couple of tents setup, a timing clock, and a bunch of very serious looking dudes looking out across the lake.  There is also a small crowd gathered so I walk up to one of the guys and ask what's going on.  I mean if someone just got murdered or something I want to stay out of their way.  Guys says sternly, Brandon's going for a world record.  My wife and I know this guy(he is a world class kayaker) but didn't realize this was going on.  Guiness is there and he's going for the 24 hour distance kayaking world record.  In my little pond!!!

I put on my wetsuit and stay inside the buoys.  Not cringing about getting hit but what if he hits me and falls over.  Anyway, swam to the far side of the lake and cheered for him as he went by on one of his laps.  Super cool to witness something like this.  Just before going to the lake (same place I ran around all day Saturday) I look at the results from my race and see that two people ran for 24 hours and one of them ran over 100 miles.  It was this young lady that I had run a number of laps with.  I've been in this weird philosophical mood poundering the limits and potential of the human body over the last few days.  I am realizing we are seriously untapped when I see stuff like this.  How far can you really go?  I think a lot of our limitations are mental.  I think I'm doing double core tonight.

Here is a clip I just found about the attempt.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2013/08/20/3157513/brandon-nelson-tries-for-world.html

2013-08-21 7:08 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by popsracer

So I head out to the lake this evening to get a nice easy swim in and at the swim area there are a couple of tents setup, a timing clock, and a bunch of very serious looking dudes looking out across the lake.  There is also a small crowd gathered so I walk up to one of the guys and ask what's going on.  I mean if someone just got murdered or something I want to stay out of their way.  Guys says sternly, Brandon's going for a world record.  My wife and I know this guy(he is a world class kayaker) but didn't realize this was going on.  Guiness is there and he's going for the 24 hour distance kayaking world record.  In my little pond!!!

I put on my wetsuit and stay inside the buoys.  Not cringing about getting hit but what if he hits me and falls over.  Anyway, swam to the far side of the lake and cheered for him as he went by on one of his laps.  Super cool to witness something like this.  Just before going to the lake (same place I ran around all day Saturday) I look at the results from my race and see that two people ran for 24 hours and one of them ran over 100 miles.  It was this young lady that I had run a number of laps with.  I've been in this weird philosophical mood poundering the limits and potential of the human body over the last few days.  I am realizing we are seriously untapped when I see stuff like this.  How far can you really go?  I think a lot of our limitations are mental.  I think I'm doing double core tonight.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2013/08/20/3157513/brandon-nelson-tries-for-world.html

What a cool post, Steve. It certainly is interesting to think about what might be achievable.  Do you know about Ron in the 30 runs in 30 days challenge thread?  He just ran his first 100 miler this past weekend, and here's the kicker-he just started running four years ago.  He's an amazing man.

That video makes me want to move to Washington.  What a beautiful "pond" you get to swim in :)

2013-08-21 7:33 AM
in reply to: switch

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Between Monday and Tuesday, I have caught up on the 10 minutes I missed on Saturday. Feeling stronger all the time now.
2013-08-21 11:30 AM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
So...I am looking for a little feedback here. I wanted to put this in the general Triathlon Talk forum, but everyone in this challenge is so supportive while you get a few jerks in the general view. I am contemplating a spring HIM (maybe IM 70.3 Florida on April 14 or IM 70.3 New Orleans on the exact same day). I'm not sure if I can get through this or not. Here's the background:
- I've run exactly one Half Marathon in my life (last fall), and the last 3 miles were an absolute disaster with plantar fasciitis issues. Cardiovascularly, I was fine and could've probably blasted through an entire marathon at that point.
- I was cruising along under 9 minute miles until about mile 9 or 10. My feet just went to pieces at that point. My times quickly dropped to 11 minute miles and then 12 minute miles, and I ended up finishing in about 2:01.
- I really didn't have any other issues from the race. I was of course a little bit tired and had slightly sore legs, but no more so than I would from a sprint tri. Point being is that it wasn't my calves, quads, or anything else that held me back.
- Unfortunately, I could barely walk for the next two days. It would take me over a full minute to get out of bed, get out of the car, etc, and I was walking extremely slowly as every single step hurt.
- I haven't tried anything over about 8 miles since then.
- I still have PF issues all the time, even from just running a sprint distance tri and all of my training.
- The swim shouldn't be any issue for me. I am a FOP swimmer in most of my local races, which would probably translate to being at the front of the MOP in a race like this.
- While I haven't been doing that kind of bike distance, I think that I could do that without a problem. I'm okay on the bike, would just have to adjust myself a little bit for longer distances but in my mind that doesn't pose much of a problem.

I'd really like to try a HIM at some point, but I just don't know if it is a good idea with my PF issues. Do I go for it? Or is it smarter for me to keep working and working on my PF problem until I get that sorted out before taking on a HIM?

Sorry to go off topic here, but as I said above, I really enjoy this group, as everyone is so thoughtful and helpful and considerate.
2013-08-21 12:02 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Originally posted by switch

What a cool post, Steve. It certainly is interesting to think about what might be achievable.  Do you know about Ron in the 30 runs in 30 days challenge thread?  He just ran his first 100 miler this past weekend, and here's the kicker-he just started running four years ago.  He's an amazing man.

That video makes me want to move to Washington.  What a beautiful "pond" you get to swim in

I know of Ron.  That is the kind of stuff I'm talking about.  Just going out there and doing it.

I know it's not core related but I think this is such an awesome achievement.  He got the world record.  Here is an update:

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2013/08/21/3159187/nelson-nearing-guinness-world.html#

2013-08-21 12:24 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by MSU_Brad So...I am looking for a little feedback here. I wanted to put this in the general Triathlon Talk forum, but everyone in this challenge is so supportive while you get a few jerks in the general view. I am contemplating a spring HIM (maybe IM 70.3 Florida on April 14 or IM 70.3 New Orleans on the exact same day). I'm not sure if I can get through this or not. Here's the background: - I've run exactly one Half Marathon in my life (last fall), and the last 3 miles were an absolute disaster with plantar fasciitis issues. Cardiovascularly, I was fine and could've probably blasted through an entire marathon at that point. - I was cruising along under 9 minute miles until about mile 9 or 10. My feet just went to pieces at that point. My times quickly dropped to 11 minute miles and then 12 minute miles, and I ended up finishing in about 2:01. - I really didn't have any other issues from the race. I was of course a little bit tired and had slightly sore legs, but no more so than I would from a sprint tri. Point being is that it wasn't my calves, quads, or anything else that held me back. - Unfortunately, I could barely walk for the next two days. It would take me over a full minute to get out of bed, get out of the car, etc, and I was walking extremely slowly as every single step hurt. - I haven't tried anything over about 8 miles since then. - I still have PF issues all the time, even from just running a sprint distance tri and all of my training. - The swim shouldn't be any issue for me. I am a FOP swimmer in most of my local races, which would probably translate to being at the front of the MOP in a race like this. - While I haven't been doing that kind of bike distance, I think that I could do that without a problem. I'm okay on the bike, would just have to adjust myself a little bit for longer distances but in my mind that doesn't pose much of a problem. I'd really like to try a HIM at some point, but I just don't know if it is a good idea with my PF issues. Do I go for it? Or is it smarter for me to keep working and working on my PF problem until I get that sorted out before taking on a HIM? Sorry to go off topic here, but as I said above, I really enjoy this group, as everyone is so thoughtful and helpful and considerate.

Brad, if you can run a 2:01 HM you can do a pretty respectable HIM.  As you've stated, your challenge will be to get through the training without aggrevating your PF.  Don't know if you've looked at any training plans but the free one here on BT is pretty well thought out.  I've been through the plan four times now as have many, many other people.  There is a beginner HIM thread too that gets pretty active, especially around the first of the year as people start preparing for the early season races. It is a lot of fun as you share the in's and out's of the plan and the journey with people in the same boat.

The plan is a little light on the run but you can take it and tailor it to your needs.  I usually load it into a spreadsheet and change the days around, add a little here, change something there while trying to stay true to the concept of periodization and the weekly workloads.

I do not know a great deal about PF but you can get away with some pretty low intensity running in prep for this race.  Your strength on the swim and comfort level on the bike should put you in a good position to get through this.  An HIM is a great goal and accomplishment and I have no doubt you'd do just fine. 

Edited by popsracer 2013-08-21 12:25 PM
2013-08-21 12:39 PM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI

I do not know a great deal about PF but you can get away with some pretty low intensity running in prep for this race.  Your strength on the swim and comfort level on the bike should put you in a good position to get through this.  An HIM is a great goal and accomplishment and I have no doubt you'd do just fine. 

I don't think I have ever given this much thought until *just* this very moment, but I think my PF tends to get aggravated by distance moreso than intensity. I can feel pain from a light slow jog up through a heavy speed work session.

I've had one recommendation from a friend to sign up for a fall half marathon and see if I can get through that without destroying my feet before making the move on the spring HIM. It's probably a good plan, but that requires me to exert more patience than I am used to. I like to sign up for things NOW...lol.

2013-08-21 1:21 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Originally posted by MSU_Brad
Originally posted by popsracer I do not know a great deal about PF but you can get away with some pretty low intensity running in prep for this race.  Your strength on the swim and comfort level on the bike should put you in a good position to get through this.  An HIM is a great goal and accomplishment and I have no doubt you'd do just fine. 
I don't think I have ever given this much thought until *just* this very moment, but I think my PF tends to get aggravated by distance moreso than intensity. I can feel pain from a light slow jog up through a heavy speed work session. I've had one recommendation from a friend to sign up for a fall half marathon and see if I can get through that without destroying my feet before making the move on the spring HIM. It's probably a good plan, but that requires me to exert more patience than I am used to. I like to sign up for things NOW...lol.

This is kind of along the same vein though not exactly answering your question.  I too have been suffering from little things--nothing as major as your PF, just little minor things that never seem to totally heal or become 100% discomfort free like a nagging hip flexor, hamstring (for about three years now) and knee bursitis.  They've been keeping me from planning any races that require me to run more than 15 or so miles/week because like you said, it's the volume, not the intensity that exacerbates these issues beyond a point I can manage them.

But I may be on to something, and if anyone has any experience with this please chime in.  Trail running.  In the last week I've gone on three trail runs and have found that my pain/soreness after is dramatically decreased as compared to what I feel after a road run.  I don't know if it's the non-concrete surfaces or the fact that you're not making EXACTLY the same movement repeatedly like you would be on a smooth surface.  Or maybe it's just been a good week for me and it's not the trails.  But I plan to do more trail running and find out.

Now, how a bunch of trail running equates for road races, I'm not sure.  Anyone want to chime in?

2013-08-21 1:28 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Master
Originally posted by noelle1230

Originally posted by popsracer I do not know a great deal about PF but you can get away with some pretty low intensity running in prep for this race.  Your strength on the swim and comfort level on the bike should put you in a good position to get through this.  An HIM is a great goal and accomplishment and I have no doubt you'd do just fine. 
I don't think I have ever given this much thought until *just* this very moment, but I think my PF tends to get aggravated by distance moreso than intensity. I can feel pain from a light slow jog up through a heavy speed work session. I've had one recommendation from a friend to sign up for a fall half marathon and see if I can get through that without destroying my feet before making the move on the spring HIM. It's probably a good plan, but that requires me to exert more patience than I am used to. I like to sign up for things NOW...lol.

This is kind of along the same vein though not exactly answering your question.  I too have been suffering from little things--nothing as major as your PF, just little minor things that never seem to totally heal or become 100% discomfort free like a nagging hip flexor, hamstring (for about three years now) and knee bursitis.  They've been keeping me from planning any races that require me to run more than 15 or so miles/week because like you said, it's the volume, not the intensity that exacerbates these issues beyond a point I can manage them.

But I may be on to something, and if anyone has any experience with this please chime in.  Trail running.  In the last week I've gone on three trail runs and have found that my pain/soreness after is dramatically decreased as compared to what I feel after a road run.  I don't know if it's the non-concrete surfaces or the fact that you're not making EXACTLY the same movement repeatedly like you would be on a smooth surface.  Or maybe it's just been a good week for me and it's not the trails.  But I plan to do more trail running and find out.

Now, how a bunch of trail running equates for road races, I'm not sure.  Anyone want to chime in?

Hmmmm, now you've made me think of something!!  I have been trying to run on the trails more often, to ease up on the pounding my body takes...and one of my feet has been bothering me.  It maybe exactly due to the uneven ground...interesting.

RE how it relates to road racing...I dunno.  But, I also don't know how doing all my training runs slowly equates me to be faster on race day, but that seems to work.  I think anything that keeps you injury free for race day is a good thing!

2013-08-22 9:19 AM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Knocked out about 11 minutes last night at 11:45. I was exhausted...race on Sunday, bike time trials on Monday, speed work run on Tuesday, and then I put in 32 miles on the bike (I'm used to 15-20 mile rides). I went out for an easy run, and my legs were just lead. It was all I could do to make it back home. Finally, didn't want to fall behind again, so I sucked it up and did core at the last minute.
2013-08-22 10:51 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by MSU_Brad Knocked out about 11 minutes last night at 11:45. I was exhausted...race on Sunday, bike time trials on Monday, speed work run on Tuesday, and then I put in 32 miles on the bike (I'm used to 15-20 mile rides). I went out for an easy run, and my legs were just lead. It was all I could do to make it back home. Finally, didn't want to fall behind again, so I sucked it up and did core at the last minute.

Way to suck it up and get it done.  When is your next race?

2013-08-22 11:20 AM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI

Originally posted by MSU_Brad Knocked out about 11 minutes last night at 11:45. I was exhausted...race on Sunday, bike time trials on Monday, speed work run on Tuesday, and then I put in 32 miles on the bike (I'm used to 15-20 mile rides). I went out for an easy run, and my legs were just lead. It was all I could do to make it back home. Finally, didn't want to fall behind again, so I sucked it up and did core at the last minute.

I actually don't have any scheduled right now. Considering an Xterra off road in early October, and a HM in late October. Might pick up a 5K somewhere, if I can find a good sprint to do along the way, I probably will, but once college football starts up, I have a hard time restraining myself on Saturdays for Sunday morning races! Too much tailgating to do!

I really would like one more sprint if I can find a good one. I feel cheated by my early season injury.

2013-08-22 11:26 AM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI

I actually don't have any scheduled right now. Considering an Xterra off road in early October, and a HM in late October. Might pick up a 5K somewhere, if I can find a good sprint to do along the way, I probably will, but once college football starts up, I have a hard time restraining myself on Saturdays for Sunday morning races! Too much tailgating to do!

I really would like one more sprint if I can find a good one. I feel cheated by my early season injury.
Ha...Your post spurred me to do some research. Might do a race on Thursday, Sept 5. Would be a good season ending race to see how I could do!!!
2013-08-22 1:13 PM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Here's a snippet from an article I was reading today called "7 Training Mistakes That Make Triathlon Coaches Cringe". I do not agree with this article in the slightest. Number one, the conclusion that core exercises in isolation help to look like a magazine cover. Building core strength is not, nor never has been, synonymous with having a "ripped" stomach. That is *mainly* related to body fat.

I also firmly believe that there are reasons to train the core individually. I can continue to work core muscles while also keeping some of the exercises mentioned in the article in for other workouts.

While there is truth to the concept of learning to use the core along with the arms and legs, I do believe you can work your core more often than you can these other muscle groups, in which you really want to do them at most every other day, and probably far less during your season.

Another case of the author not taking in a bigger picture.

--------------------
It's time for the "core workout" to take a hike, says Gootman, who is also a certified strength and conditioning specialist. Isolating those muscles won't make you a better athlete. But learning to use them in concert with your arms and legs might.

"Research shows more activation of the core muscles during dead lifts and squats than in 'core' exercises," he says. "Dynamic exercises like these and lunges, step-ups, presses, dips and similar exercises make your whole body, including your torso, more powerful."

In other words, according to Gootman's philosophy, core exercises in isolation might help you look magazine-cover ready. But integrated exercises that involve the whole body could help you pass those cover models on the road and in a race.

Article: http://beta.active.com/triathlon/Articles/7-Training-Mistakes-That-...
2013-08-22 1:46 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Brad - Are you doing anything to help the PF issue? Stretches, the sock like thing to wear at night, stuff like that?

Noelle - I trail run through the winter here. It has helped strengthen my otherwise useless ankles. I have a simple course that I use and a harder one. Keep in mind, I am in Fl, so hills are nonexistent. But I do think it is overall a bit easier on the body. And really nice for the mind and soul as well.

2013-08-22 2:29 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Originally posted by cdban66

Brad - Are you doing anything to help the PF issue? Stretches, the sock like thing to wear at night, stuff like that?

I sure am. I stretch daily...I have a custom orthotics that are supposed to help. I have tried the Stausburg Sock, I have night splints although I can't stand using them, I have the Feetures socks, I roll my feet out on a baseball or golf ball frequently. I recently went to a gait analysis where I was told my glutes are too tight, as well as my calves, which I am spending time now trying to keep both of them loose. Hopefully those will help out as time goes on.

I'm willing to try just about anything at this point. It is driving me nuts. I used to play a lot of basketball (hours on end), never had a problem. Now a 5K can be the death of me!

Sometimes, I will be honest, I do slip on some of these things and go a few days without doing them. I need to keep it a regular habit.
2013-08-22 2:41 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

I sure am. I stretch daily...I have a custom orthotics that are supposed to help. I have tried the Stausburg Sock, I have night splints although I can't stand using them, I have the Feetures socks, I roll my feet out on a baseball or golf ball frequently. I recently went to a gait analysis where I was told my glutes are too tight, as well as my calves, which I am spending time now trying to keep both of them loose. Hopefully those will help out as time goes on. I'm willing to try just about anything at this point. It is driving me nuts. I used to play a lot of basketball (hours on end), never had a problem. Now a 5K can be the death of me! Sometimes, I will be honest, I do slip on some of these things and go a few days without doing them. I need to keep it a regular habit.

Here's a good move fore those of us who suffer with PF--and it gets your core too!

"Leg Pull Front"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO-aOhp8FGM

2013-08-22 2:51 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I sure am. I stretch daily...I have a custom orthotics that are supposed to help. I have tried the Stausburg Sock, I have night splints although I can't stand using them, I have the Feetures socks, I roll my feet out on a baseball or golf ball frequently. I recently went to a gait analysis where I was told my glutes are too tight, as well as my calves, which I am spending time now trying to keep both of them loose. Hopefully those will help out as time goes on. I'm willing to try just about anything at this point. It is driving me nuts. I used to play a lot of basketball (hours on end), never had a problem. Now a 5K can be the death of me! Sometimes, I will be honest, I do slip on some of these things and go a few days without doing them. I need to keep it a regular habit.

Wow, that is quite a bit of stuff. I can usually feel my feet starting and I can catch it with stretches and such. I feel for you man.

2013-08-22 3:52 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI

Wow, that is quite a bit of stuff. I can usually feel my feet starting and I can catch it with stretches and such. I feel for you man.

It's a nightmare, honestly. I am not a natural runner as it is. I desperately want to improve, because it is my main weakness in tris, but it is *so* frustrating because I feel like it really limits the efforts I can put in. I keep trying anything I can. At this point I just am accepting that I'll be in pain a lot of the time.
2013-08-23 9:17 AM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Brad, the snippets from that article sound terrible.  Can you attach a link?  I'm curious now....

Also, I know how you feel with the running.  Biking is my downfall thanks to: 1) hip dysfunction that prevents me from transferring the max power available to the pedal stroke 2) neck issues that make it difficult to ride even in a less than aero position for more than about 15 miles 3) knee bursitis that is aggravated by biking more than any other activity (even running).  I have worked and worked and make little to no gains on my bike times.  Grrrr.....

Chris, yes, I think trail running is challenging my ankle stability which is a great thing for me with these scrawny feet and ankles supporting 130 pounds of person.  I've always said my ankles, feet and wrists belong on a girl who's 5 foot 100 lbs, not 5' 9" and 130!

2013-08-23 12:30 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Originally posted by noelle1230

Brad, the snippets from that article sound terrible.  Can you attach a link?  I'm curious now....

Also, I know how you feel with the running.  Biking is my downfall thanks to: 1) hip dysfunction that prevents me from transferring the max power available to the pedal stroke 2) neck issues that make it difficult to ride even in a less than aero position for more than about 15 miles 3) knee bursitis that is aggravated by biking more than any other activity (even running).  I have worked and worked and make little to no gains on my bike times.  Grrrr.....

Chris, yes, I think trail running is challenging my ankle stability which is a great thing for me with these scrawny feet and ankles supporting 130 pounds of person.  I've always said my ankles, feet and wrists belong on a girl who's 5 foot 100 lbs, not 5' 9" and 130!

Amy, here's the link, although I think I pasted the entire portion regarding the core workout.

http://beta.active.com/triathlon/Articles/7-Training-Mistakes-That-...
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 100d x 10m = 1 strong core Rss Feed  

of 59

RELATED POSTS

MARCH ABS / CORE RESULTS

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1421 Posts: 3

2007-04-03 4:11 PM annie

ABS CORE - End of Week #3

Started by hazmaster
Views: 2065 Posts: 19

2007-04-03 7:41 AM saling4

MARCH ABS / CORE - 2ND WEEK!

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1733 Posts: 14

2007-03-26 4:13 PM tritwinmom

ABS / CORE MARCH CHALLENGE - TEAM LIST Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by hazmaster
Views: 10580 Posts: 121

2007-03-20 3:06 PM hazmaster

May Core Strengthening Challenge Pages: 1 2 3

Started by madkat
Views: 5610 Posts: 52

2006-06-03 2:57 PM madkat
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 22, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Will you will finish your next triathlon swim strong, or will you run out of steam before you even start the majority of your race?

date : September 3, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
comments : 2
Why triathletes must absolutely warm up, activate muscles, strengthen core, and stretch effectively.
date : July 26, 2006
author : Ron
How do you know if your strength training is effective? Are you getting stronger? Several training log graphs can lend a clue.

date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Weight training and core strength information and links for the silver/gold plans.
date : January 30, 2006
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 0
The goal of this program is simple – for the cyclist to have IMPROVED performance when the next season rolls around, not merely to maintain last season’s fitness.

date : June 14, 2005
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 3
Top swimmers rotate the core of the body from one side to the other while keeping the head fixed. When you rotate in this way, you move through the water more like a fish, maximizing your efficiency.
date : May 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 55
A strong core will allow you to keep optimal body alignment for whatever you’re doing (swim, bike or run), and this in turn will reduce your fatigue in the long run.

date : March 21, 2005
author : Manny
Train your core! The following program is designed for an in-season triathlete, can be done anywhere and with no equipment.