BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Tri Mark's Madness Group-Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 30

2011-04-09 11:36 AM
in reply to: #3286171

User image

Subject: RE: Tri Mark's Madness Group-Closed
Thanks for the group acceptance!  O.K. Will focus on training tomorrow - bike.  I will bike outdoors.  I am having a hard time transitioning outside.  Basically, I haven't.  I started in the gym in Feb, got serious mid-March.  Now that it is nice outside I find myself very comfortable in the gym- even as an ADHD person I guess I am still a creature of habit.  I am concerned I will not be able to do as much outdoors, which should be reason enough to make the transition!  So someone please encourage me to make the break.  But I will trust your advice and focus on one workout this weekend.  It is a little difficult for me on the weekends since my husband is a pilot for UPS and he works 7 on 7 off, so when he is gone he is gone, and having two young children puts a twist on 13 mile bike rides.  Thank you God for grandparents   Hope everyone has a great weekend and Mark, I'll check back in tomorrow after ride.  P.S.  I am in the process of updating my March logs - I kept track on paper and am adding them to my blog for viewing.  How important is it to keep track of details like heart rate, min per mile, etc?  Thx, Kimberly  

2011-04-09 11:50 AM
in reply to: #3437533

User image

Kimberly,

Get outside, now!  Training indoors is nothing like outdoors.  The bike is much harder on the road with wind and just simply drag from your body against the air.  Something like 8-15% harder, I've seen estimates even higher.  That is why great riders have great form.  I changed bikes and dropped my aero position by 3cm and cannot believe the difference.  It's all about outdoors.  If you're using a spin bike and not a trainer, that's even worse.  Get on your bike and ride...as the Queen song goes.

Now, as for tracking details, I believe HR is the only reliable measure of your fitness.  Pace and distance are affected by variables such as wind and weather, elevation gain/loss, etc.  HR is affected only by how hard you are working.  Yes, it will spike up a hill, but you should do HR tests periodically on the same course (track is ideal) to see how you are doing.  When you are well trained you can begin to control your HR and adjust your speed.  If you work on HR zone training, that's the best way to understand the QUALITY of the training.  Record the time in zone, etc.  You should look into a free tracking program.  I find tracking things religiously to be the key to success. By the way, for all those concerned about weight, I believe the secret is to write down everything you eat and BE HONEST.  At times I won't eat something because I don't want to write it down.  It can stop you from mindless eating, which is a challenge most have.

2011-04-09 12:04 PM
in reply to: #3437551

User image

Veteran
Minneapolis

Kimberly, I'll echo Mark, but from your perspective. I *just* made the transition from gym to outside last week, plus I'm using a bike I've never ridden until now. It IS harder! But I think you'll find once you start, that will just motivate you in your training.

Mark, obviously I'm gonna have to dig out that HRM and see if it works through the fur! LOL No way am I shaving. That would be a whole training endeavor in itself. LOLOL

mwp1054 - 2011-04-09 11:50 AM

Kimberly,

Get outside, now!  Training indoors is nothing like outdoors.  The bike is much harder on the road with wind and just simply drag from your body against the air.  Something like 8-15% harder, I've seen estimates even higher.  That is why great riders have great form.  I changed bikes and dropped my aero position by 3cm and cannot believe the difference.  It's all about outdoors.  If you're using a spin bike and not a trainer, that's even worse.  Get on your bike and ride...as the Queen song goes.

Now, as for tracking details, I believe HR is the only reliable measure of your fitness.  Pace and distance are affected by variables such as wind and weather, elevation gain/loss, etc.  HR is affected only by how hard you are working.  Yes, it will spike up a hill, but you should do HR tests periodically on the same course (track is ideal) to see how you are doing.  When you are well trained you can begin to control your HR and adjust your speed.  If you work on HR zone training, that's the best way to understand the QUALITY of the training.  Record the time in zone, etc.  You should look into a free tracking program.  I find tracking things religiously to be the key to success. By the way, for all those concerned about weight, I believe the secret is to write down everything you eat and BE HONEST.  At times I won't eat something because I don't want to write it down.  It can stop you from mindless eating, which is a challenge most have.

2011-04-09 12:22 PM
in reply to: #3437483

User image

Extreme Veteran
PaaMul QRoo, MX
mwp1054 - 2011-04-09 10:52 AM

Ok, three newbies this morning and I've capped our membership.  I'd love to have everyone in, but I don't want to dilute what we're trying to accomplish here for each other.  Welcome to tsimone, Ellen (Zam92), and ewengler.  I hope everyone has or had a great morning training today. 

I'd like to hear about all of your longer or key workouts this weekend, good or bad. .

(you forgot Francisco)

My long ride is monday (90km) (56ish miles) and long run was Friday (60 min).

I had 60km (around 36 miles?) ride on tap for this am and I usually brick a 20-min run onto all my rides.  I had a vague desire to keep my HR in the high 120's (my zone 2 is 127-137) but I have been FIGHTING that designation of Z2 for weeks as it sure seemed i had NO PROBLEM doing rides with mid 130 averages before I did the LT test.  Then once I knew my zones I was STRUGGLING to keep in mid Z2 for even a 40km (25ish miles)  ride when I'd been doing 136 for a 60km (36ish miles) ride.  UGH.  So today on the backside of the ride (into the headwind now) I just decided to put on my big girl panties and HFTU and just Do It already.  I had to get out of the saddle repeatedly to get up to 130 but I did it.  I think my legs were really tired from yesterday's run.  I dunno.  Maybe I'm just a , but even struggling to keep the HR high I was able to PR that distance (60km) by 5 minutes!  I held just under a 30km/hr (18mph) average and was pretty happy with that, average HR was 125 and I'll take it (I was shooting for 127/128 but knew I had no hope).  However, for the first time in a Really Long Time I didn't brick the run.  I'll save it for this afternoon.

I'm thinking maybe I should make next week a recovery week for the bike, normal for run and increase swim.  Sea is getting calmer and i also just need to HTFU and just get out there and ignore the 1 meter (3 ydish?) barracuda and the shark reports from up coast.    No more excuses.  I only have 8 weeks until my HIM.  (okay now I'll convert metric to caveman for the estadounidenses )

Edited by kathy caribe 2011-04-09 12:25 PM
2011-04-09 12:26 PM

User image

My bad on PanchoRancho.  I wrote you down on my note pad pero no me recuerde decir Bienvenidos!.  I'm a little rusty on the ole espanol, but welcome in gringo speak too.

Edited by mwp1054 2011-04-09 12:27 PM
2011-04-09 12:33 PM
in reply to: #3436682

User image

Subject: RE: Tri Mark's Madness Group-Open

Thanks for the welcome. My key workout of the week was actually today. It was a brick workout starting with an open water swim. The  important part of this workout was the open water swim for two reasons. First, it is the part of the tri that is my weakest and gives me anxiety so I want to practice, practice, practice. Also, I had to haul myself out of bed and go meet up with the group and I was pretty sure that I wouldn't know anybody there. While I know people in this group I can never seem to set it up where I'll be there with somebody I know so I was nervous about this but I did it. I did not swim as far as any of the other swimmers there. I swam to the first buoy and back but I'm proud of myself for not being too shy and chickening out.

As for specific questions - my shoulders hurt after a longer bike. The day after not immediately. I've been told that this means I'm tensing my arms/shoulders during the ride. Of course, I don't feel like I'm tensing those muscles or I'd stop. Any suggestions for what I can do to relax my arms / shoulders while cycling?

Thanks - Amy

2011-04-09 1:23 PM

User image

Regular

WOW, I didn't get to log on yesterday, and when I took a peek at the forum it had blown up! 6 pgs, Awesome!

Mark- Thanks for the added welcome.

Group - it's great reading everyones questions, I'm learning a lot just watching the dialouge. Thanks

I left a few things out of my original post, because I wasnt sure what my answers were yet.

Yesterday I hit the gym (and subsequently the pool) for the first time in AGES and it felt great. I was a little worried about the swim as it's usually my weak point. I felt good in the water. Really good. My T Time was about 2:04 I've never really measured how fast I swam in the past, it was interesting.. and honestly a little sobering. I didn't feel slow (I did rest a few times), until I looked at my times. I'd like to be more efficent in the water. It's probably time to hop into some swim classes. I know they'll be beneficial as I've never had any instruction on swimming (aside from online videos).

I went with a 16 week 3x balanced plan.. I'll probably add distance to the mileage, as I'm already running farther than the plan calls for (today 12 minutes). Plus I'd like to do a marathon within the year. It's also pretty hard for me to run a set time unless I'm at the gym on the treadmill... I usually go for a distance, just because I try to do loops, and I know the set distances in my neighborhood. Maybe I should be a little more flexible.. I don't know that it matters, as long as I'm reaching my goal, and in most cases in the run, I'm exceeding my time goal. I would like to get faster, I know that will come as I get back into the workout.

My gym has an indoor tri, time (not distance) based, next week, I may hop in just to have a little fun and see where I'm at.

Goals for this weekend.

Today I have a scheduled 12 minute run. I'll run outside, and stick to the time. It's only 67 degrees here today and real cloudy so it's perfect weather to get out and about (it was 100* last week - ugh) My focus will be candance, and I'll probably throw in a few fartleks in just to challenge myself a bit. Warm up and cool down as well. Lots of stretching post w/o.

Tomorrow, S/B Is on the schedule. I'll probably make it a brick as I'll have to do it at the gym. My focus for the bike it nice circles. I always have felt a bit clumsy with my pendal stroke I think the 3-9 concept will help. I'll probably do the "random program" on a level 9. I always try to keep my pedal stroke above 95. I dont know why I've picked that number. Im definitely going to hit up some literature on cycling this weekend.

My Swim will be my main focus. I really want to concentrate on keeping my technique consistent throughout the workout. I became a little clumsy, if you will, as the workout went on yesterday. I realize it's my first time in the pool (IN FOREVER) and my muscles are just getting back into the swing of things.

All in all I'm STOKED about training again, and look forward to being apart of this group and learning from everyone.

2011-04-09 1:31 PM

hi just finished my key workout for today 53miles on the bike in 3 hrs felt good , followed by 10km run approx 1hr, had really bad stomach cramps during the run maybe caused by .the gels i had on the bike . i then swam 800m in local  pool . i have entered a duathlon on 7th may r 10k b 40k r 5k and an open water tri on 18th june 750m 30km and 5km{first one} i am also doing 2 century rides beginning of june and a marathon in oct. I dont know if i would benefit from a more structured training prog ie heart rate monitor ?.At the moment i commute 25miles a day run 3 times a week distances vary. 1 interval session on bike and 1long ride per week 50miles +.. I swim 3 times in local pool per week 800m-1000m this is by far my weakest discipline.. I am looking to buy a wetsuit soon any advice on which type with limited funds.. would greatly appreciate any advice.

thanks

kelvyn

2011-04-09 2:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Wow this place is busy, I haven't checked it for a day and its already closed. I hope its a sign of good things to come. After reading through everything I didn't know about the key workout until after my workout.  As luck would have it I planned a big day for this morning because of my slow week. I decided to do my own little triathlon today, the bad thing is because of the snow and two broken spokes on my bike it would all be inside today. I started with a 1500 m swim, I was able to complete it in 25 minutes. That is the fastest I have swam that distance and was very excited. I then quickly changed to my tri shorts and participated in to spin classes back to back. Both classes are full of intervals, which I did for 2 hours. My legs felt like jello, I learned a lesson in pacing today that's for sure. I then quickly threw on my running shoes and hit the track for my run. It felt really good and I didn't want to push it to hard. I forgot my heart monitor so I went off of feel. After running 5 miles in 45 minutes I stretched for 15 minutes and headed home. I tried a home made sports drink today and didn't like it. I might of mixed it wrong were I was just going off of memory. Anyway's hope everyone had a good training day my felt awesome. The snow will be gone next week and hopefully my bike will be fixed so I can get back outside.
2011-04-09 2:21 PM
in reply to: #3437606

User image

Are you riding a road bike or a tri bike/tt bike?  Are you riding in aero bars or on the handlebars?  In general, if you have a clinched fist in aero, you may be too tense.  It seems as likely to me that it could be a matter of fit more than anything.  Not knowing the answers to the first couple questions I'd just be guessing though.
2011-04-09 2:44 PM
in reply to: #3437507

User image

Extreme Veteran
PaaMul QRoo, MX

Panchorancho - 2011-04-09 11:13 AM Hola, mil gracias por los links. Efectivamente ya soy parte de laFM de Triatlon y me acabo de integrar a este deporte haciendo el Triatlon de Valle de Bravo. Fue una experiencia muy motivadora, pero me falto mucha experiencia. Definitivamente quiero hacer el Olimpico de Valle el año que entra, entrenando con un Sprint en Veracruz y otro mas en Acapulco.Agradezco nuevamente tu apoyo y estaremos en contacto. Saludos

Wow, Good for you. Down here we won't get hologram cards until we particpate in an event on the national circuit.  How did you like Valle?  Was the lake cold?  Are you going to do Boca or Calzones in Veracruz? 

otra vez, bienvenidos!  With time you'll do well.  This group already looks to have lots of experience.

2011-04-09 3:28 PM

User image

New user
Santa Rosa, Ca

Well my 10 mile trail run turned into a 14 miler due to a missed turn . I mountain bike the trail all the time, it sure doesn't feel like an extra 4 miles on two wheels haha. 

Run was my long of the week.  It was over 2,500ft of elevatoin.  My avg heart rate was 140 BPM.  When i hit the hills it jumps right up to 155ish BPM which is nice as that is generally around my 7:00 min/mile HR on my tempo runs on flat courses.

The run was beautiful today.  Sunny, perfect weather, good company.  It always pays to bring my fuel belt with a few gels even when i dont plan on running that for, just for reasons like today.  I had that extra energy/water to get me through. I had started my run at a 10 mile tempo, so i really dogged it through the last 4 miles.  Plus my running partner would not have showed up for a 14 miler today if i would have told her, but she was a great sport and ran the furtherst she ever has, not to mention some serious elevation.

hope everyone has a splendid weekend!

Cheers

2011-04-09 3:30 PM

User image

Regular
Minnesota

Thanks for the welcome and advice, Mark. Impressed with the 5K to IM--wow. And a great time too!   I'm going to volunteer this year at Madison because I've got loads of friends doing it. And impressed with all the advice and time you are giving to us already--thank you!

I will start running for a particular length of time rather than distance. I am in a Masters Swim group, get videotaped pretty regularly. Hugely helpful.

SATURDAY quality workout was a 60 minute run, trying to keep my average heart rate in Z2 and was successful. Once it gets high, it's hard to get it down--anxiety about it doesn't help. I am racing 1/2 of a half marathon next Sat so today  was my last long run. I am never sure how much to run in the week before a race, but I figured a 20 min EZ (10:30 pace) on Monday, maybe 30 min on Wed with some pick-ups, and then totally EZ 15 min on Friday just to turn the legs over? Or maybe Thurs?
SUNDAY: T-storms predicted so probably an afternoon spin class with a tough teacher and some strength training incl. core/glut strengthening exercises from PT for piriformis--which is literally a pain in the butt. A nerve gets pinched and inflamation glues it to surrounding muscles--produced pain in hip and hamstring as well as butt. And some sciatica from compensating.

I just read through all the posts to "meet" everyone. Good luck to all! I'll be racing with some of the Minnesotans! If you are looking for an open water swim (probably end of May, now still ice on it!) my group meets on Fridays at Warner Lake in Clearwater MN from 6-8am and it is very supportive--all speeds and lack thereof very welcome.

2011-04-09 3:36 PM
in reply to: #3437268

User image

Orange County
mwp1054 - 2011-04-09 4:26 AM

If any of you have not seen this, it's a great laugh to start your training day.  It's someone training for an Ironman having a conversation with someone who is not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B03dFMG8nR4

That video is awesome.

I forgot to answer the questions that everyone has answered so here are mine.

1.      Are you using any sort of training plan or just working as you go?

I have a training plan that I am trying to follow but am doing a horrible job of following it so I am basically doing my own thing.

2.      Do you have an idea of what kind of mileage you are running weekly?

I am running between 3-9 miles a week but I want to get up to between 15-25.

3.      What kind of 5k pace do you currently run?

I am right around 27 minutes.

4.      Do you have any idea of how far you can swim, and what your T Pace would be (T Pace is your pace per 100m for a 1000m swim).

I have no idea what my T pace is. In a pool, I force myself to swim at least 1200 meters but in a lake or the ocean, I have trouble with anything more then 500.

5.      What sort of web sites do you frequent for "how to" videos?

I use youtube videos but I also watch and read as much as possible about triathlon.

2011-04-09 3:44 PM

Thanks for letting me in. This looks like a fun group. Here are the questions answered:

1. I am sort of following the plan I found in BT.  I customized it for the times I am able to do certain workouts.  It is the 20 week half iron plan.  I am planning to do the Columbia Tri on May 22nd and so I need to adjust for that.  The HI is Eagleman on June 12th which is the most challenging so I think I need to gear my training toward that.

2. My weekly running mileage has been about 10-15 miles.  I guess that is not enough. 

3. My 5 K pace is probably about 30 minutes.

4. Swimming is easy for me since I grew up swimming.  However, I am not very fast. I swim 100 yards in about 2:03.  When I go to the pool I swim about 2000 yards.

5. As for videos and web sites, I read a lot of what goes on in BT and then I look at Total Immersion and Mr SwimSmooth.  It is just a matter of time. When I ride indoors I sometimes use the Spinervals videos.

So I would like to improve (which means getting faster, I suppose). I need to lose some weight, which will help me to improve. 

Today I ran 4 miles and I swam 1700 yards.  Tomorrow I am supposed to ride for 3 hours. I guess I need to get outside.

Ellen

2011-04-09 6:13 PM
in reply to: #3437483

User image

I'd like to hear about all of your longer or key workouts this weekend, good or bad.  Also, one more thing about your workouts that I'll share.  I believe that if your workout says 60 minutes, you should do 60 minutes and 5 seconds.  If you do one second less than 60 minutes, you are training yourself to quit early.  You will race like you practice.  You might finish the race, but if you're dogging it, you'll know it inside.  We teach the finish here.  You finish strong, with your head high, knowing you did the ABSOLUTE BEST YOU COULD.  If you do that, I promise you'll feel so good inside nobody will be able to tear you down in life...ever.

I love this attitude!  Going a bit over goal will lead to mental toughness, which is a characteristic I need to develop.  When doing my marathon in December I realized I really need to strengthen the mental component.  (I also needed to listen to all the words of wisdom like "don't go out too fast"!)  Will go above and beyond just a bit in my workouts.

I guess this weekend's key workouts were to get in my long run and swim both days since I am a newbie swimmer.  I ran 10 miles at a 12:00-ish pace since I am pacing a 2:40 half marathon next week and needed to practice the slower speed.  I tried to concentrate on form and, other than some knee stiffness at mile 8, it went well.  

I did ride my bike to the pool and swam 500 yards.  Don't laugh - it took me 20 minutes - but I am just re-learning how to swim.  I will spend some time on the Mr. Smooth swim website tonight and go back to the pool tomorrow.

I hope everyone's workouts go well this weekend!

Jacqui

Jacqui

2011-04-09 6:54 PM
in reply to: #3437779

User image

Extreme Veteran
Minnesota
ewengler - 2011-04-09 3:30 PM

Thanks for the welcome and advice, Mark. Impressed with the 5K to IM--wow. And a great time too!   I'm going to volunteer this year at Madison because I've got loads of friends doing it. And impressed with all the advice and time you are giving to us already--thank you!

I will start running for a particular length of time rather than distance. I am in a Masters Swim group, get videotaped pretty regularly. Hugely helpful.

SATURDAY quality workout was a 60 minute run, trying to keep my average heart rate in Z2 and was successful. Once it gets high, it's hard to get it down--anxiety about it doesn't help. I am racing 1/2 of a half marathon next Sat so today  was my last long run. I am never sure how much to run in the week before a race, but I figured a 20 min EZ (10:30 pace) on Monday, maybe 30 min on Wed with some pick-ups, and then totally EZ 15 min on Friday just to turn the legs over? Or maybe Thurs?
SUNDAY: T-storms predicted so probably an afternoon spin class with a tough teacher and some strength training incl. core/glut strengthening exercises from PT for piriformis--which is literally a pain in the butt. A nerve gets pinched and inflamation glues it to surrounding muscles--produced pain in hip and hamstring as well as butt. And some sciatica from compensating.

I just read through all the posts to "meet" everyone. Good luck to all! I'll be racing with some of the Minnesotans! If you are looking for an open water swim (probably end of May, now still ice on it!) my group meets on Fridays at Warner Lake in Clearwater MN from 6-8am and it is very supportive--all speeds and lack thereof very welcome.

Hey Beth,

I know Warner Lake - I did Graniteman there last year.  Wish I lived close - I'm up in Pine River, about a 1/2 hr north of Brainerd.  I see you'll be at Buffalo and Baxter - hope to see you there.

Good luck with your training.

Denise

2011-04-09 7:13 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2011-04-09 8:11 PM
in reply to: #3437698

I'm on a road bike without aero bars. This week I'll go in for a check on my fit. I hadn't thought about that which is silly. I was fit when it was new and they said come back if you have any discomfort but I forgot.  Thx.

mwp1054 - 2011-04-09 3:21 PM Are you riding a road bike or a tri bike/tt bike?  Are you riding in aero bars or on the handlebars?  In general, if you have a clinched fist in aero, you may be too tense.  It seems as likely to me that it could be a matter of fit more than anything.  Not knowing the answers to the first couple questions I'd just be guessing though.

2011-04-09 8:50 PM
in reply to: #3437969

Regular
Minnesota

Hi Denise,

I also did Graniteman last year--it was my first tri. We'll have to figure out a way to meet up at Buffalo and Baxter. Enjoy the beginning of spring in MN and good luck with the training. You've got some great races on your schedule!

Beth

2011-04-09 9:40 PM
in reply to: #3438034

Amy,

You should definitely get your fit looked at, but what you're feeling is probably normal.  On a road bike, your elbows or your shoulders are the shock absorbers.  I've not ridden road geography, but I know when I'm lazy or riding in a pack and not allowed to ride my aero bars for safety reasons, I get it in one or the other.  Try keeping your elbows slightly bent to lessen the blows and support yourself as much as possible with your core.

2011-04-09 10:24 PM
in reply to: #3437551

OK, outside I go, now I definitely am nervous, but I know it is what I need to do.  Goodbye climate controlled training.   I have been drinking while I run, usually about 30 oz during 3 miles - any thoughts on that?  my husband has a camel pack he uses (used) for paintball.  I could use that.  Thanks for the info re heart rate.  Honestly, my heart rate was pushing max heart rate the first two weeks I was training, but now it is down to the range I feel it should be.  How do you track it while exercising outdoors?  
2011-04-09 10:30 PM
in reply to: #3438170

Regular
Spruce Grove

Hope outside is good to you!

I use a heart rate monitor (chest-strap style) paired with a Garmin FR60 for monitoring outside.

2011-04-09 10:33 PM

New user
Santa Rosa, Ca

hypoxic - 2011-04-09 8:24 PM OK, outside I go, now I definitely am nervous, but I know it is what I need to do.  Goodbye climate controlled training.   I have been drinking while I run, usually about 30 oz during 3 miles - any thoughts on that?  my husband has a camel pack he uses (used) for paintball.  I could use that.  Thanks for the info re heart rate.  Honestly, my heart rate was pushing max heart rate the first two weeks I was training, but now it is down to the range I feel it should be.  How do you track it while exercising outdoors?  

That is ALOT of water for 3 miles.  I drank 20 oz on a 14 mile run today.  It all depends on how much you sweat, the temperature, weight, and personal preference.  However, to put that in perspective, if you were to run a marathon with that drinking rate you would drink over 4 two liter (like big soda bottles) of water or over 260oz of water. Or 17 lbs of water! Thats a TON!

Try drinking maybe 10 oz the next time your out.  see how you feel.  How warm is the weather you are running in?

2011-04-10 6:22 AM

I'm amazed you can stomach 30 oz. for 3 miles.  Like a lot of folks, you probably are drinking for one of two reasons.  1.  You think you're thirsty, or 2.  It's kind of a distraction.  "If I drink a bit here, or take a gel, it takes my mind off what I'm doing, if only for a second." 

Everyone is very different when it comes to hydration.  You need to view it as a discipline, like the 4th event.  You really should think about it as a timed thing.  In an Ironman, you will hear people's watches ringing.  I rode along with a guy for about 80 miles of the bike.  We had the same alarm, so we had to keep checking if it was my "feeding time" or his.  For a 3 mile run, I sugest that you would only need to take one drink, about half way.  If I were racing a 5k, unless it was 90+ degrees, I'd probably take none. 

Your body has a built in fuel tank that should sustain you through a workout of up to two hours.  If your workout is under one hour, you should drink on about the 15 minute mark, and I'm talking 4-6 oz. max.  Over a longer workout, if you take in that kind of fluid, you'll end up bloating yourself and having to walk the run.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Tri Mark's Madness Group-Closed Rss Feed  

of 30