BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Slornow and Wannabefaster's Winter Group version 3-CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 75

2014-03-04 7:17 PM
in reply to: PhoenixM

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Subject: RE: Slornow and Wannabefaster's Winter Group version 3-CLOSED
Originally posted by PhoenixM

Tentative plans are a quasi-day off tomorrow, Run Wednesday, Bike Thursday (indoors...more rain!) another run Friday, and then Saturday is bike day. If I get the shoes, I'm gonna set aside a good thirty minutes doing nothing but working on mechanics with the bike (clipping in/out, simulating stops, signaling, etc). Strava will be roaring away through it for distance purposes, so I'm gonna be doing a lot of recalculating probably....

Bryan...I have a tri club friend who we fondly have nickednamed, "Clip-in Katie." She's fine clipping out to stop, but starting back up and clipping back in are always a disaster for her. She has fallen down no less than 2 times on every ride I've been on with her. I was on a ride with about 35 people from the bike shop one morning, and from behind me I hear a clatter, a bunch of murmurs and then Katie yelling, "I'm okay!"

She's a BEAST on the swim, though. The downriver 1.2 mile swim at Augusta 70.3 took me 32 minutes. Katie did it in 22.

2014-03-04 8:02 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
South Alabama

Chris-10 hours a week of biking is alot for a triathlete. I think you can still make significant gains on much less. I'm pretty consistent in the 5-6 hour range this year with my focus being on sprint/oly distance. Even early last year when training for 2 early season HIM races I think I topped out around 7 hours/week. Currently, I will ride 3-4 times a week. In general the workouts would be classified as a V02 workout with main set intervals @110-120% of FTP. For instance tomorrow has 9X(3 min 110%+/2 min easy). Another workout with medium length intervals say 4X(10 @ 80-85% FTP on 3-5 min easy) . Third workout 3X20 min @ 75-80% on 5 easy.For each of these workouts there is a 20 minute warm up build that culminates with 2 minutes @FTP. So, there is decent intensity building through the warm up, then the main set and then I will usually do 10-15 minutes after the main set at 70-75% and a 3-5 minute easy cool down. These workouts usually end up totalling 1.25-1.75 hours.   Fourth workout with choice of time/distance classified as "cruisy effort".....I take this to mean get out and ride but don't go so hard as to compromise your ability to be fresh for the next day's workout. Lately these have been my outside ride and are 1.25-1.5 hours. I'll probably build these to 2 hours as the weather improves.....you know Time In The Saddle.

Many people swear by 2 X 20 minutes @ FTP as the "go to" workout. Or something more like a "sweet spot" workout where you are at more of 90-95% FTP. Lots to gain in the sweet spot workout but not as hard to recover. Despite testing that says its right I'm sure my FTP is too high.....no way I could ride that power for 60 minutes. I do what my Coach tells me to do and its rare that I get off the bike thinking it was easy. If you drop down to 4-5 hours a week the riding needs to be quality where you feel like you are working hard.

I would try to get in the water as often as possible....even if its just for a short workout and some drills. For most triathletes the swim is the toughest obstacle to overcome. Being comfortable in the water....not necessarily fast.....is huge. As you get closer to racing you will definitely want to do some open water swims (OWS)......its a different animal. Rarely do people "enjoy" the swim in their first race. Once you get a good breathing rhythm/cycle down it does get easier....not necessarily faster 

Running-this is like me telling Stuart how to swim......not very helpful to you. But, there is much to gain by lots of easy running. You are building your aerobic engine on the bike and it will carry over to some extent on the run. The concern on the run right now is more mechanical than endurance related. Do what you can to build up time or distance on the run without causing discomfort in the knee. I suspect once you get to the point you are running 20-25 miles a week you will be able to incorporate some intensity.....even if its limited to short fartleks or strides.  Intensity doesn't have to be going to the track and thrashing yourself with 800 repeats   Get the knee strong and more fatigue resistant and you will be fine come raceday    

Edited by slornow 2014-03-04 8:03 PM
2014-03-04 8:26 PM
in reply to: slornow

User image

Extreme Veteran
Collierville, Tennessee
Originally posted by slornow

Chris-10 hours a week of biking is alot for a triathlete. I think you can still make significant gains on much less. I'm pretty consistent in the 5-6 hour range this year with my focus being on sprint/oly distance. Even early last year when training for 2 early season HIM races I think I topped out around 7 hours/week. Currently, I will ride 3-4 times a week. In general the workouts would be classified as a V02 workout with main set intervals @110-120% of FTP. For instance tomorrow has 9X(3 min 110%+/2 min easy). Another workout with medium length intervals say 4X(10 @ 80-85% FTP on 3-5 min easy) . Third workout 3X20 min @ 75-80% on 5 easy.For each of these workouts there is a 20 minute warm up build that culminates with 2 minutes @FTP. So, there is decent intensity building through the warm up, then the main set and then I will usually do 10-15 minutes after the main set at 70-75% and a 3-5 minute easy cool down. These workouts usually end up totalling 1.25-1.75 hours.   Fourth workout with choice of time/distance classified as "cruisy effort".....I take this to mean get out and ride but don't go so hard as to compromise your ability to be fresh for the next day's workout. Lately these have been my outside ride and are 1.25-1.5 hours. I'll probably build these to 2 hours as the weather improves.....you know Time In The Saddle.

Many people swear by 2 X 20 minutes @ FTP as the "go to" workout. Or something more like a "sweet spot" workout where you are at more of 90-95% FTP. Lots to gain in the sweet spot workout but not as hard to recover. Despite testing that says its right I'm sure my FTP is too high.....no way I could ride that power for 60 minutes. I do what my Coach tells me to do and its rare that I get off the bike thinking it was easy. If you drop down to 4-5 hours a week the riding needs to be quality where you feel like you are working hard.

I would try to get in the water as often as possible....even if its just for a short workout and some drills. For most triathletes the swim is the toughest obstacle to overcome. Being comfortable in the water....not necessarily fast.....is huge. As you get closer to racing you will definitely want to do some open water swims (OWS)......its a different animal. Rarely do people "enjoy" the swim in their first race. Once you get a good breathing rhythm/cycle down it does get easier....not necessarily faster 

Running-this is like me telling Stuart how to swim......not very helpful to you. But, there is much to gain by lots of easy running. You are building your aerobic engine on the bike and it will carry over to some extent on the run. The concern on the run right now is more mechanical than endurance related. Do what you can to build up time or distance on the run without causing discomfort in the knee. I suspect once you get to the point you are running 20-25 miles a week you will be able to incorporate some intensity.....even if its limited to short fartleks or strides.  Intensity doesn't have to be going to the track and thrashing yourself with 800 repeats   Get the knee strong and more fatigue resistant and you will be fine come raceday    

What he said. I wish I could contribute more, but that's pretty much it.
2014-03-04 11:21 PM

, Georgia
Didn't get down to the store today since I had a major test to study for tomorrow. Next best chance will be Friday when I have the day off and it actually isn't raining!

Anyways, other things to note. I've been monitoring my diet intake (including four splurges since the beginning of last week), and I've basically concluded that my gut can't handle anything more than about 30 grams of fat before my digestive tract feels payback is warranted. So working that detail out in meals is gonna be a bit on the tricky end.

Regardless, I have to get an established, consistent meal plan in place. Right now, that's proving to be easier said than done.

But with that, I've got a run to do tomorrow, assuming it isn't raining, and a test to take. So I'll bid ya'll a good night and go hit the sack with my iPad for some new reading I got from Amazon a few minutes ago.
2014-03-05 5:38 AM
in reply to: WoodrowCall

User image

New user
New Hampshire
Originally posted by WoodrowCall

What he said. I wish I could contribute more, but that's pretty much it.

x2. Excellent post.
2014-03-05 5:39 AM

User image

New user
New Hampshire

Didn't get down to the store today since I had a major test to study for tomorrow. Next best chance will be Friday when I have the day off and it actually isn't raining!

Anyways, other things to note. I've been monitoring my diet intake (including four splurges since the beginning of last week), and I've basically concluded that my gut can't handle anything more than about 30 grams of fat before my digestive tract feels payback is warranted. So working that detail out in meals is gonna be a bit on the tricky end.

Regardless, I have to get an established, consistent meal plan in place. Right now, that's proving to be easier said than done.

But with that, I've got a run to do tomorrow, assuming it isn't raining, and a test to take. So I'll bid ya'll a good night and go hit the sack with my iPad for some new reading I got from Amazon a few minutes ago.

It's ok to run in the rain, you won't melt.

2014-03-05 5:59 AM

User image

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Originally posted by GoldenSprocket

It's ok to run in the rain, you won't melt.

X2...You might actually find out you like it. Personally, I love to run in inclement weather. Although, I am pretty sick of the negative windchills every stinking night!!

Kevin, Randy and Jamie - Thanks for the thoughts on the bike workouts. I'm going to spend some time this week trying to work out a schedule for the next couple weeks and get more intensity in on the bike. I think I'll try to stick with 4 bikes, but maybe only three because I really want to get at least 4 swims and 5 runs per week for the next few weeks. Randy, I agree if I can just get some actual base mileage back up there on the run I can hopefully get some type of interval work back in. Just right now the only time I feel any knee discomfort at all is when I get down in the 7:45 - 9:00 range. 9:45-10:00 seems to be a sweet spot right now with no pain in the knee. Oh well, it'll come...at some point. That said, I am getting anxious to go to the track and "hammer some 800's"!!

Edited by 43YORook 2014-03-05 6:01 AM
2014-03-05 10:53 AM
in reply to: GoldenSprocket

, Georgia
I actually ran in some drizzle about a month and it was great! I do all of my workout tracking with my iPhone though, so I'd rather not be in pouring down rain if I can avoid it.

Not to mention my roommates (and the kitten we have) won't appreciate me tracking tons of water when I get done.

Speaking of run, I just got back from one. Same distance as Sunday but a 2' slower pace. It's taking some time to get my body adapted to what I'm doing, so I'm trying to get an easy day in between the days where I actually put some work into it.

Fortunately, no morons for drivers this time; maybe they got my memo this time? :P
2014-03-05 2:42 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

'Afternoon, everyone.  Continuing my recovery week, so today's training was relatively short but still had some intensity.  I started with a 5:30 AM 4-mile run on the treadmill (too icy out) with a couple of 300M workbouts at 'R' pace (6:45ish for me), plus some leg strength training.  Lunch was a quick 1K swim with some hard 50s...getting my harder efforts under 1:30/100y pace so I'm gettin' somewhere.  Tomorrow is Bikram only, and the Friday is my first Masters class in about 10 months. 

2014-03-05 8:19 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
Mike,

Nice job getting under 1:30/100 pace. I have spent the last two years hovering around 1:30/100. Sometimes a little faster and sometimes a little slower. I just can't seem to break through that barrier consistently.

Did my swim later in the day today. I didn't follow the swim on my training schedule. I typically do the same warm up every single day (Randy and Rene will probably recognize it :-) ) and some how I just did not want to do it today. So, I jumped in the water and went straight in to the main set. Hammered out 30 x 100 on 1:40 with 200 super easy with paddles and pull buoy after every 10. It went really well. It didn't hurt that I was swimming one lane over from a guy who was clearly an ex college swimmer. He was doing kick sets faster than I was swimming freestyle. Talk about humbling.

In spite of being shamed by the guy next to me, this is the best I have felt in the water in weeks. I have come to the conclusion that I NEED to swim a lot. I am still such a novice swimmer that even a few days off and there are major setbacks. A few days in a row in the water and the gains start to slowly return.
2014-03-05 8:29 PM
in reply to: wannabefaster

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
Chris,

I will echo what everyone else has said; ten hours a week on the bike is a lot. In previous IM builds there are typically a few weeks of 10 hours in the saddle in the last six weeks before the race but otherwise, I am like Randy, 5-6 hours/week, in season.

When looking at my overall totals from 2013, I spent approximately 30 % of my time in the pool, 30% of my time running and 40% of my time on the bike. 225 hours on the bike in 2013. Only 4.3 per week on average (maybe that is why I didn't have quite the results I was looking for.......) I think shooting for more than 4 but less than 10 will serve you pretty well, especially when you really need to get some work done in the pool to be ready to race.

2014-03-05 8:44 PM
in reply to: wannabefaster

User image

Master
South Alabama

Jason-nice work on the swim. That is a challenging workout. Glad to hear that your mojo is returning.

I'm in a bit of a funk on the bike. Having trouble with my V02 intervals. UGH! I suspect the problem is from the steadily increasing volume with running. Over the Winter, when I was taking off from running for a few weeks, I felt like I was killing every bike workout.....now, I'm struggling. Need to remind myself that every workout has an impact on my body and there is accumulated fatigue that will be a factor.

Early swim tomorrow as work schedule will not allow an escape at lunch. Keep it up folks....Tri season is coming.

Oh, picked up my new Tri Team kit tonight. Very cool design and great LG product. Cool touch to have visors (one black/one white) personalized.  

(teamvisor.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
teamvisor.jpg (72KB - 2 downloads)
2014-03-06 1:46 AM

User image

Regular
Morgan Hill, CA

Mike, great job on consistently hitting the 1:30/100 pace! I finally hit 1:30 for a SINGLE 100 at the end of my workout on Monday night. I was a little embarrassed, though -- I must have been really huffing and puffing. Afterwards, one of the masters swimmers from THREE LANES OVER ducked under the lane markers, swam over to me, and offered some tips on breathing. Apparently, I'm not blowing hard or long enough on the exhale. I guess I can add yet another item to the list of all the things I'm working on...

Jason, glad to hear that your swimming is coming back again!

Randy, my biking has been blowing lately too. I've had two downer workouts in the last week. I'm continuing to have sleeping problems, so I think it's related. I slept better last night and had a bounce-back tempo run tonight. I also managed to slip in an OWS swim at lunch today.

Hope everybody's workouts are going well.

Edited by sdswriter 2014-03-06 1:51 AM
2014-03-06 8:38 AM
in reply to: sdswriter

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!

Aloha!  We arrived in Kauai last night and I am really digging the warm temperatures and the sound of the ocean hitting the shoreline.  Today is an hour run IN SHORTS before heading to the store to lay in supplies for the two weeks in paradise.  Hitting the beach this afternoon and then it's off for a LAVA FLOW at our favorite little eatery.  

Jason--30x100s?  That sounds intimidating to me no matter what the interval. I need to get passed that (see below!)

Steve-I have had countless people talk to me about technique at the wall.  I believe all are well meaning so take it openly.  Sometimes it does mess with your head when you have too many people giving you advice.  Lately, I've just been trying to swim faster and hoping some of the things I've worked on stick.

I listened to an interesting webinar on Training Peaks on suffering which I thought was quite good (weird, right?).  If interested check it out here.  I feel as if I'm pretty good at suffering on the run, but still have a tremendous amount of work to do to be willing to experience it in the pool or OW, and to a lesser extent the bike.

Later Peeps!

2014-03-06 10:04 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Oh, picked up my new Tri Team kit tonight. Very cool design and great LG product. Cool touch to have visors (one black/one white) personalized.  

Do you know which LG model your team got? We ordered the Delfino Racer tops/shorts. We live 4 hours from the LG plant in northern VT so I've been to their outlet plenty and have lots of their stuff (for cheap . These would not have been my first choice so I hope they wear well. Just asking

Suzy we LOVED Kauai!! Have a great time!!

Edited by mtnbikerchk 2014-03-06 10:05 AM
2014-03-06 10:15 AM

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
30 x 100 is intimidating. But, like anything else, if you work your way up to it then it isn't so bad.

I remember when I started training for my first triathlon that a 600 yard swim was about average and a really tough swim would be 1,200 yards, total. Now I do 1,000 yards as a warm up most days. I haven't gotten particularly fast but I have developed staying power.

I think the above experience is applicable to all three disciplines. No matter where you start, if you slowly and consistently increase your time doing the activity you will likely make significant gains. The really heart rending part about triathlon is how long those gains can take. Athletes really need staying power, patience and a little bit of faith becuase this in rarely an instant gratification sport. Sometimes there are big breakthroughs but more typically you just need to keep grinding away (for months and sometimes years) and then one day you will wake up and notice that your recovery runs are at the pace that used to be your 5K pace (true story on my part). And, like my experience with swimming, all of the work in the world may never get you to the front of the pack but part of the fun is trying to eke out those little gains and get just that much closer.

Edited by wannabefaster 2014-03-06 10:16 AM

2014-03-06 11:53 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
South Alabama

Randee-I will check tonight what model the kits are. We wore the same stuff last year and it was really nice material and very comfortable.

Jason-agree with you on the time it takes to see sustained gains. I've thought about it a good bit over the past few years.

For most of us the first year is just about completing the races, trying to become comfortable and improve where we can. I think the tipping point comes after 2-3 years of consistent training/racing. 2 years if you have an athletic background and 3 if not (just my opinion). After 2-3 years your body becomes more acclimated to training stress and you become more comfortable with race effort, race pacing and just racing in general.  Its not automatic but if you train and race consistently over that period of time, work on all 3 disciplines and avoid injuries that take you away from training for long periods of time you will see some big improvements. My first year I only did 3 races, I trained a good bit but was not all in. The next 2 years I put in more volume and raced more. So, for me I saw a big jump in race results after my 2nd full year of getting serious about my training.

For instance, Jamie has been in our groups since he started. He has 2(?) seasons of training/racing under his belt and is starting to see some nice improvement across the board in swim, bike and run. Of course, he has worked hard to get to this point but just as important is the fact he has been consistent with his training. Jumping into an IM in his 2nd year certainly boosted his training, and made us question his sanity, but he put in the time and worked to improve. I suspect he will see some big gains this year in his race performances.

So, the moral of the story is to get out the door, stick with it and be consistent. Seems like we have preached "CONSISTENCY" on a consistent basis in our group from the beginning.

2014-03-06 12:29 PM

User image

Master
South Alabama

OK gang, at the risk of humiliating myself a bit I am posting a picture. Last night I tried on my new tri kit and had my wife take a picture of me. For some odd reason part of the swag we got with our kit package was a "trucker hat". I'm 51 and there is no way I can pull off a trucker hat and it only emphasized my already large ears but I had to wear it. So, she took a picture so I could send it to our kids. They always seem horrified by the "costume" I wear for racing and I feel one of my main jobs as a parent is to embarass them at every opportunity. The quality of the picture is not great but I suspect that is largely do to the overwhelming desire my wife was feeling due to my sexy look. My children's responses:

Daughter. age 19: "never will be able to unsee that."

Son: age 20: "Jesus. I feel bad that mom had to take that."

I like the kit but I think I like last year's better. Pakage included tri shorts, tri top, 2 visors, trucker hat, Pre/post race shirt, car magnets and helmet stickers. We have great sponsors and I absolutely love being a part of the Team. It is really motivating and great to have a group of guys to hang out with at races.

So, look away if you are eating or have sensitive eyes

(2014TriKit.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
2014TriKit.jpg (50KB - 3 downloads)
2014-03-06 12:32 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

OK gang, at the risk of humiliating myself a bit I am posting a picture. Last night I tried on my new tri kit and had my wife take a picture of me. For some odd reason part of the swag we got with our kit package was a "trucker hat". I'm 51 and there is no way I can pull off a trucker hat and it only emphasized my already large ears but I had to wear it. So, she took a picture so I could send it to our kids. They always seem horrified by the "costume" I wear for racing and I feel one of my main jobs as a parent is to embarass them at every opportunity. The quality of the picture is not great but I suspect that is largely do to the overwhelming desire my wife was feeling due to my sexy look. My children's responses:

I like the kit but I think I like last year's better. Pakage included tri shorts, tri top, 2 visors, trucker hat, Pre/post race shirt, car magnets and helmet stickers. We have great sponsors and I absolutely love being a part of the Team. It is really motivating and great to have a group of guys to hang out with at races.

Lookin good!
2014-03-06 1:01 PM

User image

New user
New Hampshire

You do know the internet is forever, Right?
2014-03-06 1:36 PM

, Georgia
Ouch. 42 minutes doing all of this.

10' Warm-up, lowest gear

2x 30" seated all out (highest gear), 1' Recovery
2' Recovery - Easy spinning, lowest gear
2x 30" sprinting all-out (highest gear), 1' Recovery (lowest gear)
30" easy spinning (lowest gear)

30" Jumping Jacks & 30" sit-ups off bike

5x 30" all out (highest gear), 2' R (no spinning)

10' Cool-down

I put a lot of focus on working up sprinting and endurance on the first half. Second half, I did some "cold" all-outs to work on strength development as well as stamina. Since my heart rate was already at a pretty decent level, I didn't lose much not spinning for two minutes. As time goes on, I'll increase the time and incorporate some lower spinning as rest periods.

It was interesting though; this was the first time I used this kind of layout and I made up the second half on the fly. It seems to be a workout that'll have the flexibility I need to both cut short if needed as well as extend to incorporate various elements.

Hope ya'll are doing well. I'll catch up on post reading tonight after I get done with my classes for the week. If ya'll have any other crazy ideas for me to try out at some point, or think this idea is horrible, feel free to critique.

2014-03-06 2:39 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
HOORAY!!

just had to share...we just got notification that we got into the VT Marathon (as a relay team so it's a half for me). DH is doing the full and I only wanted to do half but it was a raffle and I'm in! YAY!!!! It's Memorial Day weekend. I've never been to Burlington so I'm psyched.

PHEW.
2014-03-06 4:00 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Spectacular!  And I dig the trucker hat!

2014-03-06 4:07 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

So apparently I'm the only person that manages to injure themselves in yoga, during a recovery week. 

This morning I was going through my normal Bikram routine and my neck started to stiffen up during the floor series (which it always does...I probably have a bulging disc up there somewhere).  I figure, meh, this is what it always does.  So I finish up rabbit pose and then as I begin to push off the floor with my left hand I get a sharp, I MEAN SHARP, pain from behind my left scapula all the way down my right arm.  I almost cried out in pain.  I basically mailed in the final couple of poses and then I've been a wreck all day.  Advil helps a little, ice helps a little, the hot tub helped a little.

I'm hoping a good night's sleep and a little Tramadol will fix it up, but I'm for sure skipping Masters tomorrow. 

2014-03-06 4:38 PM

User image

Master
Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

HOORAY!!

just had to share...we just got notification that we got into the VT Marathon (as a relay team so it's a half for me). DH is doing the full and I only wanted to do half but it was a raffle and I'm in! YAY!!!! It's Memorial Day weekend. I've never been to Burlington so I'm psyched.

PHEW.

Awesome, and congratulations!

Randy, you look pretty darn fly there. Love the kids' comments. :D

I'm going to get in 1500m at the pool today and Saturday will be a long run in the morning with my training buddies. I have an MTB race on Sunday.

I AM TIRED. I'm not even doing half of what you big boys are doing.

Edited by Blanda 2014-03-06 4:44 PM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Slornow and Wannabefaster's Winter Group version 3-CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 75

RELATED POSTS

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 22, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Lack of food and fluids can take the fun out of your outdoor activities. These tips can help you fuel wisely for cold weather workouts.

date : December 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
Triathletes weigh in on making the most of winter training
date : January 27, 2011
author : Mark Sunderland
The no-excuses guide to riding outdoors in snow, wind, ice and darkness. Bring it on!

date : January 29, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
The most valuable thing you can do for your endurance training is to schedule a weekly 2-4hr long ride from now until the end of time. Simply make this “what you do” every Saturday or Sunday morning.
date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
Individuals are just that, individuals and need individual programs. However, with a group the size of yours, it may be difficult for your coaches to do 25 individual workouts.

date : November 27, 2005
author : Ontherun
For most age-group triathletes, getting the most out of there time for quality workouts can be daunting. Think outside the triangle to get a little more.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
The start of the race I had the jitters. I was watching the other age groups start as they seeded the swim with over 1000 participants.