BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Mentor Group - FULL POD Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 81

2012-04-26 5:14 PM
in reply to: #4126290

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA
Subject: RE: Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Mentor Group - FULL POD

So I had a huge attack of allergies last night RIGHT as I went to bed--needless to say, I didn't fall asleep for another 1.5 hours afterwords...then I woke up this morning with the WORST headache, that has been trying to come back in full force all day! I wouldn't mind just sitting around trying to ignore it, but I am supposed to get a 25 mile bike in followed by an OWS! ---Oh yeah, it doesn't help that there is some serious wind outside right now...normally, I would just deal and get right out there, but my allergies are have been getting worse when I've been outside today, so it worries me...

I'll see if the wind dies down in the next hour, and then decide what to do....or...how to do it---I might end up just hitting the gym for the workout instead.

2012-04-26 6:03 PM
in reply to: #4175534

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
ArielLIlB - 2012-04-26 3:25 PM
TriAya - 2012-04-26 5:23 PM

ArielLIlB - 2012-04-27 5:22 AM Ok, after sitting at my desk eating M&Ms and peanut butter on a spoon, I am going to the gym for a little run/swim combo.  Someone please check in with me to ask if I actually did it - b/c I fear I'll drive past the gym! Where is my mojo-vation??

If you're reading this, you're not in your car yet. Go Brie Go!

Ok, I just closed the peanut butter - I'm outta here!

Weeeelllllllll? How'd it go?

2012-04-26 7:03 PM
in reply to: #4175609

User image

New user

I hear ya about the allergies - mine have been killing me lately, too.  I take some herbs that help most of the time,  but when they don't I have to regretfully suck it up and take Zyrtec or Benadryl.  Nothing kills a workout like not being able to breathe.  Noting the wind, I'd prob postpone the outdoor workout and just do the gym.  Good luck!  I hope you feel better.
2012-04-26 7:52 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Just a quick drop in to say hello. I spent the day in Busch Gardens with my best friend. She happens to be my wife. OK, enough mushy stuff.

I'm glad I toggled on email for this thread or it would be impossibly hard to try to get caught up. Wow, there is a lot going on. Of all sports that I watch (and there are a number of them) Baseball wins for me. Although in the past year or so I watch much less and do much more.

Enjoy
2012-04-26 8:48 PM
in reply to: #4175666

User image

Extreme Veteran
rrrunner - 2012-04-26 7:03 PM

ArielLIlB - 2012-04-27 5:22 AM Ok, after sitting at my desk eating M&Ms and peanut butter on a spoon, I am going to the gym for a little run/swim combo.  Someone please check in with me to ask if I actually did it - b/c I fear I'll drive past the gym! Where is my mojo-vation??

Good! Despite a week off, I did not forget how to exercise! I did a short little run, mini-upper body strength and abs, and short swim. Not bad for an hour at the gym! Thank you for checking in - that's what made me do all that! Laughing

2012-04-26 9:23 PM
in reply to: #4175851

User image

Master
ArielLIlB

Good! Despite a week off, I did not forget how to exercise! I did a short little run, mini-upper body strength and abs, and short swim. Not bad for an hour at the gym! Thank you for checking in - that's what made me do all that! Laughing

Good job, Brie!  Way to get it done.  Bet you feel great!

2012-04-26 10:02 PM
in reply to: #4175851

User image

Seattle
ArielLIlB - 2012-04-26 8:48 PM
rrrunner - 2012-04-26 7:03 PM

Wow! Talk about jumping right back in!
2012-04-27 6:19 AM

User image

Expert
Troy, MI
Getting very nervous.... plane leaves for Monterey in 4 hours.  Big Sur, here I come.....!
2012-04-27 7:28 AM
in reply to: #4176100

User image

Coastal Carolina

jogo - 2012-04-27 7:19 AM Getting very nervous.... plane leaves for Monterey in 4 hours.  Big Sur, here I come.....!

Go Jo!!  Have a great time you have defnitely earned it!!

2012-04-27 7:31 AM

User image

Melon Presser

GO JO GO JOGO GO!!!!!

Sir, Yessir, Big Sur!

Everything, all of it, and all of us--take it with you on the course.

AND LEAVE IT ALL THERE!!!

(not us. We'll be chasing you down to the finish line.)

2012-04-27 7:34 AM
in reply to: #4175282

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
jobaxas - 2012-04-26 4:02 PM
ukweeble - 2012-04-26 1:19 AM
jobaxas - 2012-04-26 5:32 AM

Oh Lordy, I'm English living in Australia - hockey was just an outdoor sport enforced upon us girls at high school in English winter - and we had to wear shorts, my legs were always a mottled purple colour!

So I know little or NOTHING about hockey....

Now soccer I might be able to participate better.....and Aussie Rules Football.....

I too love this mentor group!

Did you see the European Champions league semi finals? Now, they were a couple of good matches. i cant believe that both Barcelona and Real Madrid got knocked out.

so happy to see both Spanish teams go out!  Hehe!  And to see Messi and Ronaldo miss, just the icing on the cake. 

Now not a fan of Chelsea but yes I'll go with them being the English team (if it was Arsenal I wouldn't!!!)

Unfortunately I'm a West Ham fan by genetics....not something I admit often.  But my heart lies with AC Milan and Paolo Maldini, Juventus and Alessandro Del Piero - oh I'm sensing a hot Italian men theme here!

Enough with the icing already!  Laughing

2012-04-27 7:38 AM
in reply to: #4175609

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
kgore - 2012-04-26 6:14 PM

So I had a huge attack of allergies last night RIGHT as I went to bed--needless to say, I didn't fall asleep for another 1.5 hours afterwords...then I woke up this morning with the WORST headache, that has been trying to come back in full force all day! I wouldn't mind just sitting around trying to ignore it, but I am supposed to get a 25 mile bike in followed by an OWS! ---Oh yeah, it doesn't help that there is some serious wind outside right now...normally, I would just deal and get right out there, but my allergies are have been getting worse when I've been outside today, so it worries me...

I'll see if the wind dies down in the next hour, and then decide what to do....or...how to do it---I might end up just hitting the gym for the workout instead.

Ack!  I am so sorry that you are dealing with this.  Are your springtime allergies always this bad?  Regardless, it sucks!  Do you have a trainer?  Maybe you could practice outdoor avoidance when your allergies are flaring up.

2012-04-27 7:39 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

jogo - 2012-04-27 7:19 AM Getting very nervous.... plane leaves for Monterey in 4 hours.  Big Sur, here I come.....!

Have a blast!

2012-04-27 7:45 AM

User image

Coastal Carolina

Thought I had to work at 6am this morning so up at 4 and out the door, nope gotta work tomorrow at 6am so already took the dog for a run, my first since the HM back in January...  Lost some, ok alot, of my run fitness which I'm not surprised about.  My plan for the next few weeks is a morning run, 3 miles or so, with the pup until I find my legs again.  And the vet told me he needs to lose about 5 lbs so that should help him as well.

Nothing to add to the soccer debate unfortunately, although my grand father was a huge fan I just never understood it.

Besides Jo anyone racing this weekend?

2012-04-27 9:39 AM

User image

Master
Central Kansas

jogo - 2012-04-27 6:19 AM Getting very nervous.... plane leaves for Monterey in 4 hours.  Big Sur, here I come.....!

You will have a great time and do wonderfully. Nervous energy can sometimes be positive.

2012-04-27 9:44 AM

User image

Master
Central Kansas

Good morning. My day is not going as planned, and I'm very cranky about it.

My son didn't turn in an assignment yesterday (it was already two weeks late!!!), so he received in school suspension this morning -- no Iditaprob. His teacher called me this morning at about 7:45 to verify with me that I knew he couldn't participate (Ben had told me when I got home from work yesterday while I was getting ready to pack up our stuff for the ride) and to tell me I didn't have to either. I told him I was committed to doing it, and I would follow through with my commitment (unlike my children do), but he said it was really okay. They had an extra parent, so they didn't really need me.

So, I cancelled my classes today, am missing a convocation at the college, for nothing. Nice.

I went for a run instead. We're expected to get storms later this morning and afternoon.

I just feel utterly defeated. I am the worst mother in the world.

2012-04-27 10:01 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Go get 'em Jo!  The Manatees are with you!

Felicia, I feel ya.  I have two boys and both of them struggled through school.  For years I dreaded parent/teacher conferences.  I always felt like it was an assessment on my ability as a mother! The older they get we have to let them take responsibility, as difficult as that is.  BTW, both of my boys turned out to be amazing men of whom i am very proud.

2012-04-27 10:31 AM
in reply to: #4176566

User image

Master
KansasMom - 2012-04-27 7:44 AM

My son didn't turn in an assignment yesterday (it was already two weeks late!!!), so he received in school suspension this morning -- no Iditaprob. His teacher called me this morning at about 7:45 to verify with me that I knew he couldn't participate (Ben had told me when I got home from work yesterday while I was getting ready to pack up our stuff for the ride) and to tell me I didn't have to either. I told him I was committed to doing it, and I would follow through with my commitment (unlike my children do), but he said it was really okay. They had an extra parent, so they didn't really need me.

So, I cancelled my classes today, am missing a convocation at the college, for nothing. Nice.

I went for a run instead. We're expected to get storms later this morning and afternoon.

Sorry, Felicia, that really sucks.  It's tough when they make poor choices and have to live with the consequences.  But in the end, it is what makes them responsible for their own actions.  Hang in there.

2012-04-27 10:49 AM
in reply to: #4176211

User image

Seattle
TriAya - 2012-04-27 7:31 AM

GO JO GO JOGO GO!!!!!

Sir, Yessir, Big Sur!

Everything, all of it, and all of us--take it with you on the course.

AND LEAVE IT ALL THERE!!!

(not us. We'll be chasing you down to the finish line.)

Ummm, I love this, so I am just going to have to chant it!

Yessir, Big Sur!

Yessir, Big Sur!

Yessir, Big Sur!

2012-04-27 10:53 AM

User image

Seattle
KansasMom - 2012-04-27 9:44 AM

Awwwww, chin up! Waita get that run in, too.

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. All of the shenanigans I got/get into are a direct reflection of my own bad decision making. All the good stuff, quite honestly can be atrributed to my amazing (if not sometimes utterly annoying) parents. 

Hang in there! 

2012-04-27 11:07 AM
in reply to: #4176227

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA
jmkizer - 2012-04-27 5:38 AM
kgore - 2012-04-26 6:14 PM

Ack!  I am so sorry that you are dealing with this.  Are your springtime allergies always this bad?  Regardless, it sucks!  Do you have a trainer?  Maybe you could practice outdoor avoidance when your allergies are flaring up.

I do hate my allergies, generally, they aren't all that bad--its only when the wind picks up that I can count on them getting really icky. The rest of the time I am usually ok; well, except sometimes out of the blue when I just get REALLY congested REALLY fast. All in all, it could be a lot worse. Today, I am back to normal. Its also a beautiful day!

I don't have a trainer unfortunately, I have been shopping around for one, but all I have found are still out of my price range. It will be that way for a while as I am trying to get all household bills caught up and to save enough for a few months of padding, money wise. I paid all of my credit card bills off completely as of last month, so I figure I should get things squared away before I have to start paying school loans back. For the first time in my life, I am actually almost financially responsible....weird.

2012-04-27 11:32 AM

Extreme Veteran

Go Jogo Go!  Jealous you're going to be at Big Sur.  It's a beautiful place!  Sometimes I'm tempted to move back to NorCal.

You are not a bad Mom Felicia.  You're a great one.  Bad Mom's wouldn't care and wouldn't even be phased. 

For me, went swimming yesterday and did 10x100 intervals with 60seconds rest.  Not nearly as hard as some of the other pool work-outs I've seen on here but I thought I was going to die on reps 7-10.  Pretty much going all out from rep 1 (perhaps that was my problem? Ha!) until my form just collapsed at the end.  I was trying to HARD to remember Sheila T's advice that form is most important so I struggled to maintain as much as I could.  Still...I drank a LOT of water those last few sets.  I was spent at the end.

Just a short run for me today and then packing.  We rented a condo down in Seaside this weekend to celebrate our 6-year wedding anniversary.  It'll be nice just to get away for the weekend (even though it's only 20-30minutes away).  Gulf front, white sugar sands.  Maybe try to get an OWS while we're down there.  Hopefully there's no jellyfish. Blech.

2012-04-27 12:28 PM
in reply to: #4176862

User image

Coastal Carolina
wushunut - 2012-04-27 12:32 PM

Go Jogo Go!  Jealous you're going to be at Big Sur.  It's a beautiful place!  Sometimes I'm tempted to move back to NorCal.

You are not a bad Mom Felicia.  You're a great one.  Bad Mom's wouldn't care and wouldn't even be phased. 

For me, went swimming yesterday and did 10x100 intervals with 60seconds rest.  Not nearly as hard as some of the other pool work-outs I've seen on here but I thought I was going to die on reps 7-10.  Pretty much going all out from rep 1 (perhaps that was my problem? Ha!) until my form just collapsed at the end.  I was trying to HARD to remember Sheila T's advice that form is most important so I struggled to maintain as much as I could.  Still...I drank a LOT of water those last few sets.  I was spent at the end.

Just a short run for me today and then packing.  We rented a condo down in Seaside this weekend to celebrate our 6-year wedding anniversary.  It'll be nice just to get away for the weekend (even though it's only 20-30minutes away).  Gulf front, white sugar sands.  Maybe try to get an OWS while we're down there.  Hopefully there's no jellyfish. Blech.

That sounds like an awesome weekend Keye and congratulations on 6 years of married life!!!

I heard something in training once, not tri related, and it helps me with swimming form sometimes;  Slow is Smooth, Smooth is fast it helps me to remember form even when trying to kill it.  Good workout!

2012-04-27 12:36 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Go Jo, go. Enjoy the whole experience that Big Sur offers. And run well.

Felicia, I'm sorry you are having a bad day, even more sorry that you feel as badly about things as you do. It sounds like he knew the whole time what was going on and he made a choice. Now he has to live with his choice. Life lesson that he hopefully learned.

And as for the bad parent thing, I respectfully disagree. Who traveled to a different state to help the other child? And that is one example that I know, and I've only (virtually) known you for a few months. I believe that you may be a little tough on yourself in this regard. Keep your chin up and keep smiling. Maybe someday I will share the challenges I presented for my parents. I like to think I turned out OK.
2012-04-27 2:24 PM

User image

England
KansasMom - 2012-04-27 3:44 PM

Head up young lady. times can be tough when you are a parent, trust me, i know having helped to bring up six kids. But if you persevere, things do come good in the end. You obviously care so i have faith that you can work through it.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Mentor Group - FULL POD Rss Feed  

of 81