BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty Beyond Ridiculous Manatees PART 6--CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 91

2012-11-27 1:25 PM
in reply to: #4511776

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA
Subject: RE: Yanti & Salty Beyond Ridiculous Manatees PART 6--CLOSED

KansasMom - 2012-11-27 10:19 AM Hey all! Sorry if this is TMI for the guys, but you all know I've been pre/full onset menopausal for a while. I haven't had a monthly visit since maybe June. Today I feel like I'm going to start. Is that possible? I feel horrible, and I'm fighting the urge to take a Midol. Icky.

Oh, I hope you feel better soon--I can't offer any advice/help, sorry! --so I will just send some comfy vibes your way.

2012-11-27 1:31 PM
in reply to: #4458563

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA

2 weeks left of regularly scheduled school, then a week of finals, then possible jury duty (boo.); but after that, I might get to travel with my buddy, Berkeley Dwarf Crocodile, down to San Diego to drop him off at his nifty new home, San Diego Zoo. And then I might get to visit LA Zoo OR the Behler Chelonian center (tons and tons of turtles and tortoises!). Either way, I am looking forward to it--especially with the zoo paying. 

I have to finish a research paper today, and then the only assignments left will be two take home essay tests--which won't take long. So hopefully, I can get back to regular training--I am super antsy, but I REALLY need to keep ahead on my classes! Tomorrow I sign up for my last classes EVER!(final semester!!!) --that is unless the school manages to find some other way to discourage my plans (they are rather good at that...)

I am keeping up on all the posting here--reading all the training and super-training (ahem...Yanti...) has gotten me really inspired. Thanks to all of you!

2012-11-27 1:59 PM
in reply to: #4511776

User image

Elite

KansasMom - 2012-11-28 5:19 AM Hey all! Sorry if this is TMI for the guys, but you all know I've been pre/full onset menopausal for a while. I haven't had a monthly visit since maybe June. Today I feel like I'm going to start. Is that possible? I feel horrible, and I'm fighting the urge to take a Midol. Icky.

No visits here either - I'm loving it!  The only upside!  Are you taking any hormone replacement or supplements or anything?

My doc put me on the contraceptive pill, low dose to regulate my hormone levels and I also take Maca powder which is like the best thing that ever happened to me!

I hope like me you get those symptoms (Iget that feeling it's coming every month) and then nothng happens!  So weird.

2012-11-27 2:01 PM

User image

Elite

Ahem - I have a slightly hoarse voice this morning and a ringing in my ears. 

NICKELBACK!!!!

...And that fellow manatees is a great cardio workout down.  I JUST ADORE CHAD!

2012-11-27 10:47 PM

User image

Master

Getting in to see PT tomorrow about my Achilles.  I haven't been running, but has been feeling not too bad on the bike.  Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't keep me down too long...

Got some exciting news today--my little baby dog (well, she's 3, but still the baby) has been selected to compete in the European Open Agility competition.  K came home from Singapore and flew directly to Calgary to support me in my HIM last year, so I guess I have to go to support her.  In Belgium Laughing.  We will be really close to both the Netherlands and Germany as well, so I will hopefully get to go geocaching in all 3 countries LaughingLaughingLaughing.

The little baby was bred in the UK.  K needed to choose her early so the breeder could start some training for her; K went to the UK to pick her up at 11 weeks.  I chose her from pictures of all the pups taken by the breeder.  I knew those little white toes would pay off!!!

2012-11-27 10:48 PM
in reply to: #4511809

User image

Master
KansasMom - 2012-11-27 10:35 AM
rrrunner - 2012-11-27 12:29 PM

KansasMom - 2012-11-27 11:19 AM Hey all! Sorry if this is TMI for the guys, but you all know I've been pre/full onset menopausal for a while. I haven't had a monthly visit since maybe June. Today I feel like I'm going to start. Is that possible? I feel horrible, and I'm fighting the urge to take a Midol. Icky.

Why would taking a Midol be bad? If it relieves the symptoms, from whatever cause, wouldn't that be good?

It just seems like regression. It has been nice to be done. Not taking it keeps me in denial.

Silly. I know.

Hope you are feeling better by now, Felicia!!

2012-11-27 10:51 PM
in reply to: #4511909

User image

Master
kgore - 2012-11-27 11:31 AM

2 weeks left of regularly scheduled school, then a week of finals, then possible jury duty (boo.); but after that, I might get to travel with my buddy, Berkeley Dwarf Crocodile, down to San Diego to drop him off at his nifty new home, San Diego Zoo. And then I might get to visit LA Zoo OR the Behler Chelonian center (tons and tons of turtles and tortoises!). Either way, I am looking forward to it--especially with the zoo paying. 

I have to finish a research paper today, and then the only assignments left will be two take home essay tests--which won't take long. So hopefully, I can get back to regular training--I am super antsy, but I REALLY need to keep ahead on my classes! Tomorrow I sign up for my last classes EVER!(final semester!!!) --that is unless the school manages to find some other way to discourage my plans (they are rather good at that...)

I am keeping up on all the posting here--reading all the training and super-training (ahem...Yanti...) has gotten me really inspired. Thanks to all of you!

Way to keep at it, Kate, despite all the roadblocks.  I tell you, I don't know how you do it...I am in the midst of Calculus part 2 (I have like 25 more weeks to finish THANK GOODNESS) plus a teaching course (only 2 weekends) and I want to stick my pencils in my eyes.  I don't know how you take several courses at a time plus work...you have my respect!!  That sounds like a pretty cool road trip!

2012-11-27 11:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA

Thanks!Smile

Just finished the paper (11 pages! ick.), and now off to bed--I've got my annual employee review tomorrow at work--must be bright eyed and bushy-tailed for it!

2012-11-28 12:59 AM
in reply to: #4512700

User image

Seattle
bcraht - 2012-11-27 10:47 PM

Getting in to see PT tomorrow about my Achilles.  I haven't been running, but has been feeling not too bad on the bike.  Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't keep me down too long...

Got some exciting news today--my little baby dog (well, she's 3, but still the baby) has been selected to compete in the European Open Agility competition.  K came home from Singapore and flew directly to Calgary to support me in my HIM last year, so I guess I have to go to support her.  In Belgium Laughing.  We will be really close to both the Netherlands and Germany as well, so I will hopefully get to go geocaching in all 3 countries LaughingLaughingLaughing.

The little baby was bred in the UK.  K needed to choose her early so the breeder could start some training for her; K went to the UK to pick her up at 11 weeks.  I chose her from pictures of all the pups taken by the breeder.  I knew those little white toes would pay off!!!

That is amazing!!!! Congrats!!! And what a thoughtful sacrificing partner you are You had better drink some great beer while your there, in addition to your geocaching. Nice work picking' the white toes!!!
2012-11-28 3:54 AM
in reply to: #4512700

User image

Melon Presser
bcraht - 2012-11-28 12:47 PM

YAAAAAAY for little white toesies

Awww it's the end of July, though! I'm going to be there only 'til mid-June!

Sigh, another Manatee near miss ... but I am so excited for you guys and baby dog!

You know I used to coach/train agility, right?

2012-11-28 6:28 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Really cool to see so much smiling going on. Thanks for that everyone.

Felicia - I am NO help, so just know that I hope you are feeling better.

Jo - I hope you get your voice back. It looks like the show was fun.

Kirsten - How cool is this trip going to be?!? That sounds awesome. Please tell K congrats on all the hard work she has put in.

Kate - speaking of hard work, you got that in spades. Keep at it, you will be through it in no time. And a trip to boot, that looks like fun.

Ann-Marie - Congrats on the ND victory. I'm sure that beating USC has not tasted so sweet in a while.

Rough day for me yesterday with a few more challenges for the rest of the week. At least I can count on running to clear my head. It is funny how much 30 minutes of running time can put things into place, open my mind and heart to that which truly matters, and just be the all around fix for that which ails me.

Love fully, care deeply, and give of yourself. It may not matter today, but it does matter.

2012-11-28 9:03 AM
in reply to: #4512849

User image

Melon Presser

cdban66 - 2012-11-28 8:28 PM Really cool to see so much smiling going on. Thanks for that everyone. Felicia - I am NO help, so just know that I hope you are feeling better. Jo - I hope you get your voice back. It looks like the show was fun. Kirsten - How cool is this trip going to be?!? That sounds awesome. Please tell K congrats on all the hard work she has put in. Kate - speaking of hard work, you got that in spades. Keep at it, you will be through it in no time. And a trip to boot, that looks like fun. Ann-Marie - Congrats on the ND victory. I'm sure that beating USC has not tasted so sweet in a while. Rough day for me yesterday with a few more challenges for the rest of the week. At least I can count on running to clear my head. It is funny how much 30 minutes of running time can put things into place, open my mind and heart to that which truly matters, and just be the all around fix for that which ails me. Love fully, care deeply, and give of yourself. It may not matter today, but it does matter.

SIXTY NINE, DUDES!!!

And you're on top.

Sorry, I guess everybody knows which decade I grew up in now ...

DubSix, I been praying for you extramuchly lately.

2012-11-28 9:59 AM
in reply to: #4513071

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
TriAya - 2012-11-28 10:03 AM

cdban66 - 2012-11-28 8:28 PM Really cool to see so much smiling going on. Thanks for that everyone. Felicia - I am NO help, so just know that I hope you are feeling better. Jo - I hope you get your voice back. It looks like the show was fun. Kirsten - How cool is this trip going to be?!? That sounds awesome. Please tell K congrats on all the hard work she has put in. Kate - speaking of hard work, you got that in spades. Keep at it, you will be through it in no time. And a trip to boot, that looks like fun. Ann-Marie - Congrats on the ND victory. I'm sure that beating USC has not tasted so sweet in a while. Rough day for me yesterday with a few more challenges for the rest of the week. At least I can count on running to clear my head. It is funny how much 30 minutes of running time can put things into place, open my mind and heart to that which truly matters, and just be the all around fix for that which ails me. Love fully, care deeply, and give of yourself. It may not matter today, but it does matter.

SIXTY NINE, DUDES!!!

And you're on top.

Sorry, I guess everybody knows which decade I grew up in now ...

DubSix, I been praying for you extramuchly lately.

Too Funny. Top is good.

Thanks for thinking of me Yanti.
2012-11-28 11:07 AM
in reply to: #4512849

User image

Master
Orlando
cdban66 - 2012-11-28 6:28 AMReally cool to see so much smiling going on. Thanks for that everyone.Felicia - I am NO help, so just know that I hope you are feeling better.Jo - I hope you get your voice back. It looks like the show was fun.Kirsten - How cool is this trip going to be?!? That sounds awesome. Please tell K congrats on all the hard work she has put in.Kate - speaking of hard work, you got that in spades. Keep at it, you will be through it in no time. And a trip to boot, that looks like fun.Ann-Marie - Congrats on the ND victory. I'm sure that beating USC has not tasted so sweet in a while.Rough day for me yesterday with a few more challenges for the rest of the week. At least I can count on running to clear my head. It is funny how much 30 minutes of running time can put things into place, open my mind and heart to that which truly matters, and just be the all around fix for that which ails me.Love fully, care deeply, and give of yourself. It may not matter today, but it does matter.
Sorry you're having a rough time right now, but things will get better! I'm in a bit of a bad spell too: my fridge needed to be replaced, but my space is a bit odd so finding a new one has been time consuming and frustrating and expensive. I haven't had a working one in a week which creates its own issues. I also have a tooth ache and am trying to get into the dentist, but with work commitments etc getting time to get it done is proving challenging. And, my foot is not healing, so I have to go back to the doctor for it. Finally, I may or may not have company starting tomorrow, so I may or may not have to get the house ready for them in the time I don't have to get to the dentist!Oh we'll, next week is sure to be better
2012-11-28 11:31 AM
in reply to: #4513369

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

amd723 - 2012-11-28 10:07 AM
cdban66 - 2012-11-28 6:28 AMReally cool to see so much smiling going on. Thanks for that everyone.Felicia - I am NO help, so just know that I hope you are feeling better.Jo - I hope you get your voice back. It looks like the show was fun.Kirsten - How cool is this trip going to be?!? That sounds awesome. Please tell K congrats on all the hard work she has put in.Kate - speaking of hard work, you got that in spades. Keep at it, you will be through it in no time. And a trip to boot, that looks like fun.Ann-Marie - Congrats on the ND victory. I'm sure that beating USC has not tasted so sweet in a while.Rough day for me yesterday with a few more challenges for the rest of the week. At least I can count on running to clear my head. It is funny how much 30 minutes of running time can put things into place, open my mind and heart to that which truly matters, and just be the all around fix for that which ails me.Love fully, care deeply, and give of yourself. It may not matter today, but it does matter.
Sorry you're having a rough time right now, but things will get better! I'm in a bit of a bad spell too: my fridge needed to be replaced, but my space is a bit odd so finding a new one has been time consuming and frustrating and expensive. I haven't had a working one in a week which creates its own issues. I also have a tooth ache and am trying to get into the dentist, but with work commitments etc getting time to get it done is proving challenging. And, my foot is not healing, so I have to go back to the doctor for it. Finally, I may or may not have company starting tomorrow, so I may or may not have to get the house ready for them in the time I don't have to get to the dentist!Oh we'll, next week is sure to be better

Wow, that's a lot to deal with at one time! Hope you can stay calm through it all.

2012-11-28 11:34 AM
in reply to: #4513369

User image

Melon Presser

amd723 - 2012-11-29 1:07 AM

Hot damn. Well, I'm taking DubSix's prayers away and giving them to you kidding, kidding, lots to go around.

Don't let that tooth shyte get out of hand. Those have a nasty way of blowing up ... and into your bloodstream.

Healing {MELON PRESS}

2012-11-28 11:41 AM

User image

Seattle
Ugh. I'm sorry Manatees. We are dealing with some serious stuff as well. Lots of thoughts prayers and love to you all. 
2012-11-28 11:41 AM

User image

Master
Orlando
Thanks TJ and Yanti. My issues are really just annoyances. Compared with what others have to go through, I have it easy. I just like to complain
2012-11-28 11:44 AM
in reply to: #4513429

User image

Seattle
amd723 - 2012-11-28 11:41 AM Thanks TJ and Yanti. My issues are really just annoyances. Compared with what others have to go through, I have it easy. I just like to complain
I dunno, a room temp beer is definitely not an easy thing to get through. Hang in there!
2012-11-28 11:46 AM
in reply to: #4512801

User image

Master
TriAya - 2012-11-28 1:54 AM
bcraht - 2012-11-28 12:47 PM

YAAAAAAY for little white toesies

Awww it's the end of July, though! I'm going to be there only 'til mid-June!

Sigh, another Manatee near miss ... but I am so excited for you guys and baby dog!

You know I used to coach/train agility, right?

I remember you saying that about agility.  Like, in Part 1 of the Manatees .  Maybe you can leave a secret note somewhere for me and I can pick it up.  Then it won't be so much like a near miss!

2012-11-28 11:49 AM
in reply to: #4513428

User image

Master

Asalzwed - 2012-11-28 9:41 AM Ugh. I'm sorry Manatees. We are dealing with some serious stuff as well. Lots of thoughts prayers and love to you all. 

Ditto.  Hang in there everyone!  Count my prayers in as well.

2012-11-28 11:51 AM

User image

Seattle

So, on an extremely terrible day, I have two good things to share.

1. PowerBar is doing a little spotlight feature thing on me. I had to answer a few questions blah blah blah.

2. These came in the mail! I skipped the awards ceremony (I was laying in bed in the hotel reading and couldn't bring myself to get up) so they shipped them to me.

2012-11-28 11:53 AM
in reply to: #4513435

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Asalzwed - 2012-11-28 10:44 AM
amd723 - 2012-11-28 11:41 AM Thanks TJ and Yanti. My issues are really just annoyances. Compared with what others have to go through, I have it easy. I just like to complain
I dunno, a room temp beer is definitely not an easy thing to get through. Hang in there!

Kirsten will be drinking a warm beer in Belgium. Tongue out

2012-11-28 11:55 AM
in reply to: #4513429

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

amd723 - 2012-11-28 10:41 AM Thanks TJ and Yanti. My issues are really just annoyances. Compared with what others have to go through, I have it easy. I just like to complain

Funny you say that. I've been giving perspective some thought the last couple days. The CoJ post about the "Redneck" family made me realize that mine isn't all that bad.  The TT post about balancing a 70 hour work week, small children and training made me realize that fitting in my training time isn't all that difficult (although that cold pool at 6AM still bites) Laughing

2012-11-28 11:56 AM
in reply to: #4513451

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Asalzwed - 2012-11-28 10:51 AM

So, on an extremely terrible day, I have two good things to share.

1. PowerBar is doing a little spotlight feature thing on me. I had to answer a few questions blah blah blah.

2. These came in the mail! I skipped the awards ceremony (I was laying in bed in the hotel reading and couldn't bring myself to get up) so they shipped them to me.

Purdy! Congrats again!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty Beyond Ridiculous Manatees PART 6--CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 91