BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Part 2 -- Full Pod Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 80

2012-06-19 12:58 AM
in reply to: #4267034

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Part 2 -- Full Pod
TriAya - 2012-06-18 9:36 AM

bcraht - 2012-06-18 12:33 PM Cr&p.  Small tear in my wetsuit already.  Is it really bad to use it with a tear--I have a chance for an OWS practice tomorrow, but won't have time to repair it beforehand.  It's in the underarm area if that makes a difference.

Can you take a pic and post it? Where EXACTLY? how small? is it a surface scratch or does it go all the way through?

oh, and ...

CONGRATULATIONS KIRSTEN!!!

{I got to your RR earlier just didn't quite get it out here!}

So didn't actually get to the OWS tonight, but may have opportunity to later this week.  Will likely be able to repair before swimming, but here are some pics.  The tear doesn't go all the way through, it is pretty superficial.  That's my thumb in the picture for size reference and I am pointing at the location.

(Location.jpg)

(Tear.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Location.jpg (46KB - 5 downloads)
Tear.jpg (43KB - 1 downloads)

2012-06-19 2:20 AM
in reply to: #4264671

User image

England
Tripopo - 2012-06-16 1:36 PM
bcraht - 2012-06-15 11:09 PM
TriAya - 2012-06-15 3:47 PM

This post is for anyone who wants overwhelming joy.

You might pee yourself, but still.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK/ref=cm_cr_pr_fltrmsg?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0

Giggle.  Snicker.  GUFFAW! 

Who in their right minds would do that!?!?!

Yeah, and where can i buy some?

2012-06-19 3:43 AM
in reply to: #4268482

User image

Elite
bcraht - 2012-06-19 12:37 AM

Feeling pretty proud of myself tonight.  Originally was going to go for an OWS with a group, but had to pick up all the critters from their respective 'sitters', so knew I wouldn't have time to get there.  Took my swimsuit to work to swim at lunch, but just couldn't get motivated.  Usually try to go before lunch before it gets busy, but didn't feel like it.  Told myself I would go this evening, but even with that, was humming and hawing.  I was feeling a bit disappointed with my race swim again and having "I can't do it" thoughts.  Decided I needed a plan, so went to the NTC Masters website to find one there (I wasn't interested in doing the 6x500 in my plan here...)  Found one that looked interesting and chose it.

Get to the pool and get started.  Warm up fine, no worries.  Feeling smooth.  Start with a whack of 50's (some with drills, some easy, some fast) on :20 rest.  After a few, during my rests, I was feeling like I couldn't get my breath.  Almost like I had asthma, my chest felt like it wouldn't expand properly.  Was going to rest until it passed, then I thought, if I don't push myself, I am never going to get better.  So I just froggin' went for it on the :20.  And you know what?  I was fine.  I did not struggle with my breathing on any of the repeats, only the rests.  Interesting.  Finished feeling good, and even doing the last, fast, 50 at :57.  Pretty darn good after 2000m.  Yay!

Sounds like it was a good swim day all around for the Manatees  

User image

Elite

Feeling pretty proud of myself tonight.  Originally was going to go for an OWS with a group, but had to pick up all the critters from their respective 'sitters', so knew I wouldn't have time to get there.  Took my swimsuit to work to swim at lunch, but just couldn't get motivated.  Usually try to go before lunch before it gets busy, but didn't feel like it.  Told myself I would go this evening, but even with that, was humming and hawing.  I was feeling a bit disappointed with my race swim again and having "I can't do it" thoughts.  Decided I needed a plan, so went to the NTC Masters website to find one there (I wasn't interested in doing the 6x500 in my plan here...)  Found one that looked interesting and chose it.

Get to the pool and get started.  Warm up fine, no worries.  Feeling smooth.  Start with a whack of 50's (some with drills, some easy, some fast) on :20 rest.  After a few, during my rests, I was feeling like I couldn't get my breath.  Almost like I had asthma, my chest felt like it wouldn't expand properly.  Was going to rest until it passed, then I thought, if I don't push myself, I am never going to get better.  So I just froggin' went for it on the :20.  And you know what?  I was fine.  I did not struggle with my breathing on any of the repeats, only the rests.  Interesting.  Finished feeling good, and even doing the last, fast, 50 at :57.  Pretty darn good after 2000m.  Yay!

User image

Elite

It's amazing swimming in a group, so motivating and I find I push myself and love it when people say - Jo you lead you're the fastest....my head nearly swells out of the cap!

2012-06-19 6:13 AM
in reply to: #4267284

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
reecealan - 2012-06-18 2:03 PM

melbo55 - 2012-06-18 12:02 PM

Jo - those are some hot new wheels, yeah!!  Enjoy!

Kirsten - nice execution of your race, congrats!

Jen - tough news about your wrist, hopefully they won't have to do surgery.

Kate - super job blowing away your 1000M PR, I'm so jealous!!

Salty - wow, that is quite the cast of characters you had the privilege to hear speak. Heady stuff for sure!

Felicia - are you a magnet for storms?  Just askin' Glad they didn't amount to more than what they did, that is scary enough in a house let alone an RV!  Loved hearing about your joy in finding and running hills.

Reece - how did the sprint go?

Hope I didn't miss anyone...my sincerest apologies if I did!

I'M BACK!, well, pending X-Rays on Wednesday....hope I didn't mess anything up yesterday.  O.K. not fully back but I HTFU'd yesterday and did that sprint.

It was the Kansas City Corporate challenge Tri, I was 27th overall out of 252 men.

Swim 500 m:  8:20 (20th OA, 1:32/100 pace)

Bike 9 miles:  25:12 (24th OA, 21.4 mph)

Run 2.4 miles:  18:14 (63rd OA, 7:36 pace)

Total time was 54:39, T1 sucked, T2 just OK

The course is short but quite hilly.

Shoulder feels fine today so I'm very optimistic about my ortho appt. Wednesday.  I'm wondering how the doc will respond when I tell her I did a sprint tri, swam and ran with no sling etc.  She's really cute so if my X-rays check out I'll ask her if she wants to go to lunch with a BADAZZZ!  Ha Ha

Holy Schnikies, that is fast! Are you still 1 arming the swim? I bow to your superiority. I can't hit that speed in the water with 2 hands and a motor. Great job!

2012-06-19 6:16 AM
in reply to: #4268012

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Tripopo - 2012-06-18 6:57 PM

Congrats on everyone that raced this weekend!

And good luck on all the medical visits tomorrow!

I did not get much training (any) done this weekend and am ok with that, mostly...  at least that is what I'm telling myself.  I just can't do the work and train right now I am too exhausted at the end of my shift and still can't sleep worth a d@mn so I'm not going to train during my work week unless something changes or I feel like it, heck I'm on a bike at work anyways...  So 2 a days at least on my days off Laughing and I only work 2 of the next 7 so I'm good for the sprint on the 8th.  The bike I had hoped for disappeared over the weekend so back to saving and waiting...

You ride at work, so even an off day for you is only a little off. Sometimes some time away is the best thing for us. Enjoy it and come back with a vengence.
2012-06-19 6:16 AM
in reply to: #4268214

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
rrrunner - 2012-06-18 9:31 PM

Woohoo! Happy day for me.  My training plan had me doing 25X4 with 10 sec rest and I did the first 25 in 31.6 seconds! That is a great time for me! Sure it was 25m and I didn't sustain it but it's a small victory and I'll take it!

Boo Yah, great job!
2012-06-19 6:19 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
bcraht - 2012-06-19 1:37 AM

Good swim day indeed, ya'll are fish (or manatees). Good job working through the blah feelings and pushing yourself.
2012-06-19 6:33 AM
in reply to: #4212573

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
I had me a good weekend. I was able to get in a redemption run after last weeks heat debacle. I did my 5 mile neighborhood route in under 50 minutes, which is the quickest I've ever done it. I find that I make gains in chunks in regards to running. It is weird, but I'll take it. And I had a good ride on Saturday with the Coastal Cruisers. These are the older folks that ride ALL the time. They are a social group, but there are a few of them that can fly. We came into the last mile or so and one of them starts breaking away. I decided to put the hammer down, I caught him real quick and then really started pumping. The top speed I saw was 29.5 mph, but when I looked at the comp later I had hit 30. It was a real good push for me, but man was I winded. I think I need one of those every ride.

I saw an interesting thing from Nik Wallenda on Sunday. He was cleaning up after his Niagara wire walk and was asked a bunch of questions. The statement that hit me was "It is all about the relationships we develop." Pretty cool that in the post event glow he had the humility to know what is truly important. Golly, I try to remember that every day. I hope everyone has an awesome week, keep smiling!
2012-06-19 9:13 AM
in reply to: #4268586

User image

Master
Overland Park, KS

cdban66 - 2012-06-19 6:13 AM
reecealan - 2012-06-18 2:03 PM
melbo55 - 2012-06-18 12:02 PM
Holy Schnikies, that is fast! Are you still 1 arming the swim? I bow to your superiority. I can't hit that speed in the water with 2 hands and a motor. Great job!

No, I went against what the doctor recommended and swam with both arms.  I wore my wetsuit bottoms to make the swim easier even though the water temp was 80 deg F (non USAT event).  I swam with deep long pulls on my left, short shallow pulls on my right.  Felt fine afterwards but we'll know tomorrow after x-rays.  Hey, I went Chrissie Wellington on my competitors, what can I say!

2012-06-19 11:23 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
bcraht - 2012-06-18 11:37 PM

Nice job pushing through!  I get that can't breath feeling too when I stop. Just started a few weeks ago. Not sure what to make of it. 

2012-06-19 11:25 AM
in reply to: #4268616

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

cdban66 - 2012-06-19 5:33 AM I had me a good weekend. I was able to get in a redemption run after last weeks heat debacle. I did my 5 mile neighborhood route in under 50 minutes, which is the quickest I've ever done it. I find that I make gains in chunks in regards to running. It is weird, but I'll take it. And I had a good ride on Saturday with the Coastal Cruisers. These are the older folks that ride ALL the time. They are a social group, but there are a few of them that can fly. We came into the last mile or so and one of them starts breaking away. I decided to put the hammer down, I caught him real quick and then really started pumping. The top speed I saw was 29.5 mph, but when I looked at the comp later I had hit 30. It was a real good push for me, but man was I winded. I think I need one of those every ride. I saw an interesting thing from Nik Wallenda on Sunday. He was cleaning up after his Niagara wire walk and was asked a bunch of questions. The statement that hit me was "It is all about the relationships we develop." Pretty cool that in the post event glow he had the humility to know what is truly important. Golly, I try to remember that every day. I hope everyone has an awesome week, keep smiling!

Nice job! I gotta be going downhill to see those kinds of speeds Surprised

2012-06-19 11:37 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

TJ - awesome swim results!  Feels good, no?

Kirsten - ditto on the great swim and big kudos on pushing yourself and surviving and now knowing that you can do more than you thought you could. Valuable knowledge.

Jo - yeah, athlete Pilates swimmer gal!  Great workout, as usual!

Chris - ha, you speed racer, you!  Way to cook those guys on the bike, and that's a great speed on the flats!

I have really fallen off of training very abruptly for a bunch of little, not-very-worthy reasons and no truly good reasons.  I intend to hit the pool tonight and try to get myself back on track.  I am really in a bad rut that I need to get out of.  Yell at me, manatees, tell me to HTFU and do what I gotta do and stop finding little excuses not to train!

2012-06-19 11:42 AM
in reply to: #4269371

User image

Melon Presser
melbo55 - 2012-06-20 12:37 AM

Kirsten - ditto on the great swim and big kudos on pushing yourself and surviving and now knowing that you can do more than you thought you could. Valuable knowledge.

Chris - ha, you speed racer, you!  Way to cook those guys on the bike, and that's a great speed on the flats!

I have really fallen off of training very abruptly for a bunch of little, not-very-worthy reasons and no truly good reasons.  I intend to hit the pool tonight and try to get myself back on track.  I am really in a bad rut that I need to get out of.  Yell at me, manatees, tell me to HTFU and do what I gotta do and stop finding little excuses not to train!

*flipper thwack*

*Harden the Frog Up*

Lots of little reasons wind up = big reason = stopping, BUT

all you need is one little reason to start back up in a little way, too.

2012-06-19 12:09 PM

User image

Master
Central Kansas
melbo55 - 2012-06-19 11:37 AM

Put on your big girl panties (unless you'll be cycling), and get out the door!!!! Laughing

What they say is true, I never regret training, but I do regret it when I don't.

2012-06-19 12:11 PM

User image

Seattle
2012-06-19 12:16 PM
in reply to: #4269465

User image

Melon Presser

Asalzwed - 2012-06-20 1:11 AM

Well, I kinda regret that seven-hour sufferfest on the trainer when I kept having to puke out both ends and was suffering from an infection and on some really strong antibiotics and other meds since I'd just had a badly infected tooth carved out of my face the night before.

But other than that, the quote is right on.

P.S. and some bone carved out too and stitches still in of course.

Smart, me

Edited by TriAya 2012-06-19 12:18 PM
2012-06-19 12:20 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
melbo55 - 2012-06-19 10:37 AM

"The will to win means nothing if you haven't the will to prepare." Juma Ikanhaa, 1989 NYC Marathon winner

2012-06-19 12:22 PM
in reply to: #4269489

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
TriAya - 2012-06-19 11:16 AM

Asalzwed - 2012-06-20 1:11 AM

Well, I kinda regret that seven-hour sufferfest on the trainer when I kept having to puke out both ends and was suffering from an infection and on some really strong antibiotics and other meds since I'd just had a badly infected tooth carved out of my face the night before.

But other than that, the quote is right on.

P.S. and some bone carved out too and stitches still in of course.

Smart, me

Well at least you weren't using any excuses!!!!!!!! Tongue out

2012-06-19 12:22 PM

User image

Seattle

I'm flying out tomorrow am, so,  pray for my safety. Not the flying part, the spending a week with family part! Honestly it's some MUCH NEEDED time off. I am exhausted. 

I am a little sad to be missing the Rock 'n' Roll Seattle marathon this weekend. Exactly one year ago today I had won entry to it. I hadn't specifically trained for a HM as I had only been doing sprint triathlon training. My completion of the HM lit the fire under my arse to really start running and see if I could realize my potential. 

One year down! 

2012-06-19 12:25 PM
in reply to: #4269455

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
KansasMom - 2012-06-19 11:09 AM

Put on your big girl panties (unless you'll be cycling), and get out the door!!!! Laughing

What they say is true, I never regret training, but I do regret it when I don't.

I have a bright pink hand towell that says "Put on your big girl panties and Tri" that I like to use for transitions.  I haven't been able to find it for my last two races and it's making me crazy! (totally off topic but Felicia reminded me and I needed to vent, thanks for listening) Undecided

2012-06-19 12:28 PM
in reply to: #4269515

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Asalzwed - 2012-06-19 11:22 AM

I'm flying out tomorrow am, so,  pray for my safety. Not the flying part, the spending a week with family part! Honestly it's some MUCH NEEDED time off. I am exhausted. 

I am a little sad to be missing the Rock 'n' Roll Seattle marathon this weekend. Exactly one year ago today I had won entry to it. I hadn't specifically trained for a HM as I had only been doing sprint triathlon training. My completion of the HM lit the fire under my arse to really start running and see if I could realize my potential. 

One year down! 

Will keep you and the Salty fam in our prayers.

Nice job on the running too! I was going to say something about a natural gift and some hard work but it wasn't coming out right so I'll leave it at that.

2012-06-19 12:28 PM
in reply to: #4269523

User image

Seattle
rrrunner - 2012-06-19 12:25 PM
KansasMom - 2012-06-19 11:09 AM

I have a bright pink hand towell that says "Put on your big girl panties and Tri" that I like to use for transitions.  I haven't been able to find it for my last two races and it's making me crazy! (totally off topic but Felicia reminded me and I needed to vent, thanks for listening) Undecided

Are we ever on topic? Smile

2012-06-19 12:32 PM
in reply to: #4269515

User image

Melon Presser
Asalzwed - 2012-06-20 1:22 AM

One year down! 

Dang. It's just unbelievable how far you've come in a year. Look at you!!!

I had the most amazing time with the most amazing piglet today and he took this pic for you. (yes I talked about you of course ... he totally put up with me babbling about the Manatees = KEEPER) oh and he's a redhead (fair bit o' gray in it now) and super nerd, but so very hot and fit and yummy too.

(001.CoffeeBeer (Small).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
001.CoffeeBeer (Small).jpg (59KB - 1 downloads)
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Part 2 -- Full Pod Rss Feed  

of 80