BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Mentor Group - FULL POD Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 81

2012-05-03 12:02 PM
in reply to: #4126290

User image

Master
Overland Park, KS
Subject: RE: Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Mentor Group - FULL POD

Wow,

I simply do not have enough time to keep up with yuz guyz.

My thoughts are towards good health for this group (as well as your little ones and pets) as many of you are ill, puking etc.  I've backed off a little on the running, knee bothers me a bit, not sure what it is, I feel pain when I press on the knee joint area from the outside.  Pain seems to go away after a few miles.

I've got a Corporate Challenge 5K Saturday and my TEAM has fallen apart.  Out of my top 5 runners, I've lost two sub 19 runners and a sub 2 runner.  The race is a MEET so even if I run well, we're sunk because one guy went to another company, one broke his foot playing soccer, and another has to travel out of town.  I'm left with one other guy that's about my ability (based on what he's told me, I've never run with him but will run the course tonight).  The other 6 to 8 runners are run/walkers, will probably finish in the 40-55 minute range, I'm hoping for a surprise or two.

The guy that quit was also going to run the HM and be our main Sprint Tri guy.  He's done 8 full IM's, he was on the national team for Denmark.

I wanted to host a couch to 5K program at work but I'm just too busy with my own training plus I'm the company coordinator for Corporate Challenge, not to mention my regular job.

I'm thinking of doing a charity ride Sunday called Tour de Hope, 62 miles, plus 4 miles of climbing if I want the King of the Mountain mug.  And yes, I wll be going for that mug if I ride.  I will  be riding the IMKS 70.3 bike course after the 5K Saturday so that will be a full weekend of riding, which I need.

OK Peeps, much love and well wishes to all of you, hopefully I can pop in more often.

2012-05-03 12:08 PM
in reply to: #4188450

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
reecealan - 2012-05-03 1:02 PM

I've got a Corporate Challenge 5K Saturday and my TEAM has fallen apart.  Out of my top 5 runners, I've lost two sub 19 runners and a sub 2 runner.  The race is a MEET so even if I run well, we're sunk because one guy went to another company, one broke his foot playing soccer, and another has to travel out of town.  I'm left with one other guy that's about my ability (based on what he's told me, I've never run with him but will run the course tonight).  The other 6 to 8 runners are run/walkers, will probably finish in the 40-55 minute range, I'm hoping for a surprise or two.

Sorry that your knee is still bothering you.

Maybe you can submit Emma's 5k time from Garmin?  hahaha!

2012-05-03 12:09 PM

User image

Seattle
reecealan - 2012-05-03 12:02 PM

Wow,

My thoughts are towards good health for this group (as well as your little ones and pets) as many of you are ill, puking etc.  I've backed off a little on the running, knee bothers me a bit, not sure what it is, I feel pain when I press on the knee joint area from the outside.  Pain seems to go away after a few miles.

The guy that quit was also going to run the HM and be our main Sprint Tri guy.  He's done 8 full IM's, he was on the national team for Denmark.

I wanted to host a couch to 5K program at work but I'm just too busy with my own training plus I'm the company coordinator for Corporate Challenge, not to mention my regular job.

I'm thinking of doing a charity ride Sunday called Tour de Hope, 62 miles, plus 4 miles of climbing if I want the King of the Mountain mug.  And yes, I wll be going for that mug if I ride.  I will  be riding the IMKS 70.3 bike course after the 5K Saturday so that will be a full weekend of riding, which I need.

OK Peeps, much love and well wishes to all of you, hopefully I can pop in more often.

Daaaaang! Too bad I don't live closer Wink I need a little pressure to be the sub 19 runner anyhow.

Sorry to hear that though. It's always hard when there are lots of people to account for.

Overall, sounds like a great weekend! Get that mug!

2012-05-03 1:24 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

GO FOR THE MUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2012-05-03 2:59 PM

User image

Melon Presser
reecealan - 2012-05-04 1:02 AM

Wow,

Monster cycling weekend will put you in great stead for 70.3!

MUUUUUUUG does it have spots on it?

2012-05-03 3:00 PM

User image

Melon Presser

Biscuits just crapped worms onto my bed.

The termites eating the tile seal between my tiles crapped a really pretty Y-shaped mound.

I took pictures of the termites and their mound. Not the bed.

2012-05-03 3:12 PM
in reply to: #4188967

User image

Master
TriAya - 2012-05-03 1:00 PM

The termites eating the tile seal between my tiles crapped a really pretty Y-shaped mound.

Ewwwwwwwwwww!  Deworm her pronto, and be careful cleaning up, your immune system does not need a parasite to deal with!!!!

2012-05-03 3:26 PM
in reply to: #4188091

User image

Elite
jmkizer - 2012-05-03 9:56 AM
jobaxas - 2012-05-03 3:42 AMonly 4 weeks out from my HIM- don't want to risk injury.

What HIM?  Is it your first?  What plan are you following (or are you coached)?  If you are using a plan, how do you like it?

FIRSTLY THANKS FOR ALL TAKING THE TIME TO OFFER ADVICE ON MY PUFFING BILLY CROSS COUNTRY SUNDAY.

It's the fact that it will be cold wet and muddy that bothers me - I really don't need to do this race - I can quite happily push out a 10km run on rolling hills of sidewalk instead!

my first HIM - 4 weeks away on Sunday.  It's in Cairns which is in Queensland - whilst it could rain it's unlikely - it's their dry season.  Weather should be in the 70's (never really drops below that in Cairns!)  Their wet season is December to March.  It's the tropics.

I think this weekend may be better dedicated to a street run and another bike session.  It's recovery week so I'm supposed to do 5 hours - I've done about 3 in the pool.  So an hour bike and an hour run would just about set me up.  Also supposed to do a 1000m Time Trial in the pool but quite honestly I can't be bothered, I'm as fast as I am - that's all.

Emotionally settled down - thank you hormones for backing off a bit.  Artemis is better, I thought I'd caught it yesterday but today feel okay so hopefully not!

Picking up my bike today from its tune up for race day.  More tire change practice scheduled in - I want it down to maximum 10 mins.  Any other mechanical failures will have to be dealt with by technical officials and pray I have enough time up my sleeve!

Getting excited now about the race - 4 weeks is no time!  I'm going with my best friend Nicki and her husband Alan (both 11 time IM finishers).  We will have a blast.  Going up Saturday morning and coming back Monday - hopefully with a medal and a tan!

2012-05-03 3:29 PM
in reply to: #4189002

User image

Melon Presser
bcraht - 2012-05-04 4:12 AM
TriAya - 2012-05-03 1:00 PM

Ewwwwwwwwwww!  Deworm her pronto, and be careful cleaning up, your immune system does not need a parasite to deal with!!!!

Combantrin administered (good thing all the pets, even the cats, are super easy to give medicine to, they'll eat anything, in fact, they're kind of junkies and like to chew and tear into medication packages and eat the contents ... weirdos), and care taken in cleanup. Blech.

2012-05-03 4:03 PM

User image

Coastal Carolina

Cubscouts went well enough, I think I had their attention for a whole 10 min which for 9 year olds right out of school in 80 degree weather seems pretty good to me.

Unfortunately my training yesterday/this morning took a few hits.  I had to meet with someone after the cubscouts and didn't end up getting out until an hour later than expected so no ride for me as we were attending a birthday dinner.  At said birthday dinner was half price bottles of wine between that and the caps going to triple OT I didn't make it to bed until well after midnight so 0530 wasn't going to happen.  Will be swimming tonight and run/bike tomorrow to make up for it.

That's good your pets take medication Yanti not so much with mine, unless they are cheese flavored they are pretty good about cheese flavored anything really.

One more for the don't race in the wet and cold especially if it isn't the A race.

And I signed up for my sprint tri on May 20th, figure it will be a good see how you are doing race, same course is my A sprint tri in July.

2012-05-03 5:21 PM
in reply to: #4188967

Veteran
Hoosier heartland
TriAya - 2012-05-03 3:00 PM

Oh my, the visual of this is hard to describe...Surprised

Glad you you took care of this.  The last thing you need is worms.

I'm feeling much better today.  My appetite is back and my head isn't throbbing anymore.  Right now I have your basic cold symptoms.  Still bummed I can't do my scheduled training today, but I don't want to mess anything up before my HM this weekend.  I don't think I'll PR on Saturday as I don't think I'll be 100%, but I'm going to try hard to have fun and be positive I can at least participate.  

2012-05-03 5:28 PM
in reply to: #4189255

User image

Melon Presser
cggale - 2012-05-04 6:21 AM

I'm feeling much better today.  My appetite is back and my head isn't throbbing anymore.  Right now I have your basic cold symptoms.  Still bummed I can't do my scheduled training today, but I don't want to mess anything up before my HM this weekend.  I don't think I'll PR on Saturday as I don't think I'll be 100%, but I'm going to try hard to have fun and be positive I can at least participate.  

Glad to hear it. You never know ...rest may actually be a good thing all-around. And you're absolutely right--if you go in to have fun and be positive, you cannot fail at your goal

2012-05-03 5:58 PM

User image

Seattle
cggale - 2012-05-03 5:21 PM

Glad you are feeling better. I am just going to repeat what you said but just take the next few days and rest up! No worries! All of the training work is done.

All you can ever do is your best, so just do that and you are set! The numbers always just fall where they will anyway, right?

2012-05-03 8:12 PM

User image

Master
cggale - 2012-05-03 3:21 PM

Glad you are feeling better.  I have had forced rest before races before, and I seem to come back stronger...  Take it easy until the race and then just have some fun!

2012-05-03 8:52 PM

User image

Elite
cggale - 2012-05-03 5:21 PM

Yuck to wormy poop, yuck to termite poop.

Glad you are feeling better, enjoy your HM - that's my favourite race, love it.  Just challenging enough that I can go hard without falling in a heap!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

2012-05-04 7:29 AM

User image

Coastal Carolina
cggale - 2012-05-03 6:21 PM

Rest up and kick it into high gear, Good Luck on your HM this weekend!!

Any other racers out there?

And yes I'm gonna go all Star Wars...  May the 4th be with you!

2012-05-04 10:39 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Does anyone know how to change my setting so that my weight doesn't appear in each day of my training log? Not only do I not need to see that every day, but it just clutters up the calendar.  I've searched everywhere and can't find an option to take it off my calendar log. Thanks!
2012-05-04 10:42 AM
in reply to: #4190412

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

ArielLIlB - 2012-05-04 11:39 AM Does anyone know how to change my setting so that my weight doesn't appear in each day of my training log? Not only do I not need to see that every day, but it just clutters up the calendar.  I've searched everywhere and can't find an option to take it off my calendar log. Thanks!

I've asked about this same thing.  There is no separate privacy setting for weight (nutrition, yes, but weight, no.  weird)

If it is automatically adding your default weight in, you can turn that off by going to Settings, Training Log Settings, Log Defaults.

2012-05-04 10:48 AM

User image

Melon Presser

So, Manatees ...

Anybody need/want EXTRA motivation and accountability in reaching your goals this month?

Join the May Challenge ... link is in my signature.

Just an option, I know we are all busy Manatees, although Challenges are quite fun!

Felicia, Kirk, Kirsten and I are on board

Pick your own goals, and they do NOT have to be tri-related.

2012-05-04 11:25 AM
in reply to: #4190449

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
TriAya - 2012-05-04 11:48 AM

So, Manatees ...

Anybody need/want EXTRA motivation and accountability in reaching your goals this month?

Just an option, I know we are all busy Manatees, although Challenges are quite fun!

Felicia, Kirk, Kirsten and I are on board

Pick your own goals, and they do NOT have to be tri-related.

Add one more to the list, I have a few things I need to work on. Now to narrow it down...
2012-05-04 12:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA

hmmm, I like the challenge--let me think and plan, and I'll join in.

On another note, I'm fighting a case of the blahs. I don't know if its work stress and schools stress and working out stress, but I am just so over mostly everything right now. I haven't been sleeping well, and the only time I feel decent (mood-wise) is during a workout. I only have 2 more weeks of school, which will really open up some free time, and I keep telling myself to hang in there, but I am just OVER stuff right now! I feel bad for the husband because after work/school/workouts at night, I just want to relax and chill, not go out and do stuff. Anyway, I just wanted to whine a bit, but now I must go yell at children tapping on the windows of the reptile house-RUDE!!! I have zero tolerance for people bugging my animals. GRRRRrrrr!

2012-05-04 1:09 PM
in reply to: #4190449

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

So, Manatees ...

Group Goal:  Project Get Yanti All Better

2012-05-04 1:09 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Yanti, I just pulled up my main BT page, and there was a picture of you in the banner at the Bali Tri! How cool is that? I was like, I know her! Tongue out
2012-05-04 1:11 PM
in reply to: #4190857

User image

Extreme Veteran
jmkizer - 2012-05-04 2:09 PM

So, Manatees ...

Group Goal:  Project Get Yanti All Better

Seriously though, I think Yanti gets more done with typhoid then I do in full health.  Why am I such a ish-less lay-about? But she probably should be RESTING!

2012-05-04 1:13 PM

User image

Master
Central Kansas

Good morning! Last day of school today. I taught my last class at 11:00, and we didn't do anything but laugh and tell stories -- it's a Creative Writing class, so . . .

I received an email this morning saying that my Duathlon has been cancelled. I am really bummed about it. I don't have anything schedule now until late June. I need to find something to do, and quick!

Mid 90s expected today. Hooray!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Mentor Group - FULL POD Rss Feed  

of 81