BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty RidiculoSnarky Almost Intelligent-Charming Manatees PART 4 - Full Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 85

2012-08-23 12:00 PM
in reply to: #4376945

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Yanti & Salty RidiculoSnarky Almost Intelligent-Charming Manatees PART 4 - Full
TriAya - 2012-08-23 11:48 AM
Asalzwed - 2012-08-24 12:42 AM
TriAya - 2012-08-23 11:36 AM

Asalzwed - 2012-08-24 12:02 AM Oh yeah, I got a running PR last night too. I bought flowers at the market and ran back with them. So, a 5K with a bouquet. Can't say I have ever done that one!

FLOWER POWER!

Do you have any idea how FREAKIN' AWESOME mini-Mini Wheats taste at midnight???

Eh, I might have an idea.

PS ran out of milk this AM and had my Fiber One (original) with applesauce. Not bad.

Hm. I can see that. I've eaten cereal with lots of interesting things ... syrup, butter, yogurt, coconut milk, strawberries, chocolate, Nutella, but never applesauce (that I remember).

Running out of milk is really unforgivable, though. You need to keep some powdered or canned around in case of contingencies like that, or real emergencies, for that matter.

You keep a survival kit around? One in house, one in car, one at work?

Hmmm funny you mention that. I'm not sure if you have gathered this or not but I'm what one might describe as careless. My friend made me a kit for home and in the car. They are very thorough. 

Actually I have powdered milk for making bread. It bet that would work. It just sounds awful.  

2012-08-23 12:03 PM
in reply to: #4375748

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Yanti & Salty RidiculoSnarky Almost Intelligent-Charming Manatees PART 4 - Full
TriAya - 2012-08-22 5:17 PM
Asalzwed - 2012-08-23 5:51 AM
TriAya - 2012-08-22 4:46 PM
Asalzwed - 2012-08-23 5:40 AM

TriAya - 2012-08-22 4:36 PM Blech. This newest round of cold/cough/whateveritis is moving steadily down my chest. I'm getting bored. Someone tell me that does NOT mean go out and do something, unless it involves a clinic or no more than, say, playing Yahtzee with my mom.

Don't go do ANYTHING. Stay in bed young lady. And stop using phrases like "moving steadily down my chest"  I just got 50 Shades of Grey and will be in a...fragile state for the next week or so Wink

It's not the fun frontal bits. Just to clarify. And reinforce "fun frontal."

Speaking of fun frontal, I am having a hoot looking at the naked pics of Prince Harry. Another most lovely redhead!

You? FRAGILE? Snort. Exhausted, maybe.

HAHA the Prince Harry pics! I haven't looked yet! J and I were running late this am because we were waiting for the news segment about' it' to come on. She's obsessed with celebrity leaks. 

Harry certainly turned out to be the cuter brother BTW.

And I guess you might be right, exhausted and weak might be more appropriate. Don't send me over the edge!

clearly too late

But back to PH, no kidding, right? But I'm always all about the redheads.

In the meantime, I seem to be a princess without a bride (or groom, whatever). The nice general's widow down the street whom we visit for end-of-Ramadhan offered up her exact-same-age grandson, and he was a very gracious and polite and not shabby at all looking piglet indeed. Perhaps I shall ask for his number.

The general and my dad were old friends going back to the war. As in, WWII. My dad is pretty much bed/house/wheelchair bound but he WILL walk (i.e., my sister and I carried him) to go visit him, or now that he's passed, his widow every year at this holiday time, out of love and respect.

(Hm, I think I have a pic of this somewhere ... very funny, actually ... my sister and I are sweating buckets).

Also, I believe this was between the births of the prince children, so they weren't there anyway, but I was not allowed to come to meet the Royals when they came to Indonesia, because my mom had caught me smoking in our storage room. Drat. Princess Di broke a heel off her shoe when she was walking with my sister (I still strongly suspect there were some shenanigans that caused this to happen), so my sister gave her her own shoes, which were slides. (Mules? Sorry, I have no idea what one shoe is from another. But the slipper-like with heels kind that really can fit a few sizes either way).

I never did get a chance to comment on that. I didn't really know where to start. Of course I was immediately attracted the the fact you were royal-less due to smoking in the storage room. Wink

Funny, while your family was parading around with princess Di I think my family was probably having an illegal bonfire drinking Bush Light tall cans in paper bags. Smile

2012-08-23 12:07 PM
in reply to: #4332724

User image

Master

Yep, IMC is no more.  Challenge Penticton Aug 25, 2013

Edited by bcraht 2012-08-23 12:26 PM
2012-08-23 12:17 PM
in reply to: #4376964

User image

Melon Presser
Asalzwed - 2012-08-24 1:03 AM

TriAya - 2012-08-22 4:36 PM Blech. This newest round of cold/cough/whateveritis is moving steadily down my chest. I'm getting bored. Someone tell me that does NOT mean go out and do something, unless it involves a clinic or no more than, say, playing Yahtzee with my mom.

Don't go do ANYTHING. Stay in bed young lady. And stop using phrases like "moving steadily down my chest"  I just got 50 Shades of Grey and will be in a...fragile state for the next week or so Wink

Speaking of fun frontal, I am having a hoot looking at the naked pics of Prince Harry. Another most lovely redhead!

HAHA the Prince Harry pics! I haven't looked yet! J and I were running late this am because we were waiting for the news segment about' it' to come on. She's obsessed with celebrity leaks. 

And I guess you might be right, exhausted and weak might be more appropriate. Don't send me over the edge!

clearly too late

In the meantime, I seem to be a princess without a bride (or groom, whatever). The nice general's widow down the street whom we visit for end-of-Ramadhan offered up her exact-same-age grandson, and he was a very gracious and polite and not shabby at all looking piglet indeed. Perhaps I shall ask for his number.

The general and my dad were old friends going back to the war. As in, WWII. My dad is pretty much bed/house/wheelchair bound but he WILL walk (i.e., my sister and I carried him) to go visit him, or now that he's passed, his widow every year at this holiday time, out of love and respect.

(Hm, I think I have a pic of this somewhere ... very funny, actually ... my sister and I are sweating buckets).

Also, I believe this was between the births of the prince children, so they weren't there anyway, but I was not allowed to come to meet the Royals when they came to Indonesia, because my mom had caught me smoking in our storage room. Drat. Princess Di broke a heel off her shoe when she was walking with my sister (I still strongly suspect there were some shenanigans that caused this to happen), so my sister gave her her own shoes, which were slides. (Mules? Sorry, I have no idea what one shoe is from another. But the slipper-like with heels kind that really can fit a few sizes either way).

I never did get a chance to comment on that. I didn't really know where to start. Of course I was immediately attracted the the fact you were royal-less due to smoking in the storage room. Wink

Funny, while your family was parading around with princess Di I think my family was probably having an illegal bonfire drinking Bush Light tall cans in paper bags. Smile

I'm pretty sure that's what my brother was doing. Possibly nekkid. Probably while carrying a newborn, too.

What do you think *I* was doing whilst my sister, mom, and dad were parading around with the royals? I was back in the storeroom guzzling cheap shandy and smoking more cigarettes. Then I think I started a Dynasty watching marathon (on Betamax).

2012-08-23 12:27 PM
in reply to: #4376989

User image

Seattle
TriAya - 2012-08-23 12:17 PM

clearly too late

I'm pretty sure that's what my brother was doing. Possibly nekkid. Probably while carrying a newborn, too.

What do you think *I* was doing whilst my sister, mom, and dad were parading around with the royals? I was back in the storeroom guzzling cheap shandy and smoking more cigarettes. Then I think I started a Dynasty watching marathon (on Betamax).

Heh, I think we might have been friends.

Keeps us well rounded, right? RIGHT?!

2012-08-23 12:29 PM
in reply to: #4376945

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
TriAya - 2012-08-23 12:48 PM

Asalzwed - 2012-08-24 12:02 AM Oh yeah, I got a running PR last night too. I bought flowers at the market and ran back with them. So, a 5K with a bouquet. Can't say I have ever done that one!

FLOWER POWER!

PS ran out of milk this AM and had my Fiber One (original) with applesauce. Not bad.

Hm. I can see that. I've eaten cereal with lots of interesting things ... syrup, butter, yogurt, coconut milk, strawberries, chocolate, Nutella, but never applesauce (that I remember).

Running out of milk is really unforgivable, though. You need to keep some powdered or canned around in case of contingencies like that, or real emergencies, for that matter.

I cannot stand the smell of powdered milk.  No idea why.  We use it in the lab and I hate it.

2012-08-23 12:31 PM
in reply to: #4377009

User image

Melon Presser
Asalzwed - 2012-08-24 1:27 AM
TriAya - 2012-08-23 12:17 PM

clearly too late

Heh, I think we might have been friends.

Keeps us well rounded, right? RIGHT?!

Yeah. "Well-rounded." I definitely called it wrong on the Betamax, though. My bad.

2012-08-23 12:33 PM
in reply to: #4377015

User image

Melon Presser
Artemis - 2012-08-24 1:29 AM

FLOWER POWER!

I cannot stand the smell of powdered milk.  No idea why.  We use it in the lab and I hate it.

That's where I actually learned to like it ... in lab, in high school. I like it even better than regular milk and no idea why either, maybe because it's sweet. And portable.

2012-08-23 12:33 PM
in reply to: #4377015

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Artemis - 2012-08-23 11:29 AM

FLOWER POWER!

One of our hockey boys use to have OJ over his cereal.

2012-08-23 12:35 PM
in reply to: #4377030

User image

Seattle
rrrunner - 2012-08-23 12:33 PM

FLOWER POWER!

Alright, I keep meaning to ask. Do you house hockey players during the season or something?

2012-08-23 12:36 PM
in reply to: #4377030

User image

Melon Presser
rrrunner - 2012-08-24 1:33 AM

FLOWER POWER!

My initial reaction is BLECH, but I've learned not to knock it 'til you've tried it. Also, I'd think that would work better for some cereals than others.

2012-08-23 12:37 PM
in reply to: #4377033

User image

Seattle
TriAya - 2012-08-23 12:36 PM

FLOWER POWER!

My initial reaction is BLECH, but I've learned not to knock it 'til you've tried it. Also, I'd think that would work better for some cereals than others.

Yeah, same. Hmmm might be good on Blueberry Morning. A little citrus, a little blueberry. Eh, I still am not sold on the idea.

2012-08-23 12:47 PM
in reply to: #4377036

Master
, California
Asalzwed - 2012-08-23 10:37 AM

FLOWER POWER!

Yeah, same. Hmmm might be good on Blueberry Morning. A little citrus, a little blueberry. Eh, I still am not sold on the idea.

Better than Beerios.

2012-08-23 12:52 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
His fave was the PB flavor of Puffins. Yup. Weird.

Last year we housed players for the NM Mustangs. A team in the NAHL. They are 16-21 year old boys. It was great having them at the house and going to their games. Unfortunately the team is "dormant" this year.
2012-08-23 12:56 PM
in reply to: #4376752

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

bcraht - 2012-08-23 11:24 AM I don't understand the broohaha regarding WTC/M-Dot, especially when the Challenge Family has a Challenge Family song that sounds a lot like fromage to me! 

Clearly I don't care if my 140.6 events are run by WTC.  I've done B2B and Vineman and I plan to do B2B again next year.  I actually kind of want to do Challenge Copenhagen.  When I have tried to research it, I got no where though.

2012-08-23 12:56 PM
in reply to: #4377055

User image

Seattle
spudone - 2012-08-23 12:47 PM
Asalzwed - 2012-08-23 10:37 AM

FLOWER POWER!

Better than Beerios.

I have YET to stoop to that level. Canada bound yet?

2012-08-23 12:58 PM
in reply to: #4376971

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
bcraht - 2012-08-23 1:07 PM

Sounds fun to me!

In other news -- Betthole indicated NHL could weather another work stoppage. "We recovered well last time because we have the world's greatest fans."

2012-08-23 1:08 PM
in reply to: #4377072

User image

Master
jmkizer - 2012-08-23 10:58 AM

Sounds fun to me!

In other news -- Betthole indicated NHL could weather another work stoppage. "We recovered well last time because we have the world's greatest fans."

Ooooh I like that nickname!!!  Unfortunately, he is probably correct.  A lot of people said they would give up on the NHL after the last lockout--but that's not what the numbers show, at least in the traditional markets (which is where the money is made).

2012-08-23 1:15 PM
in reply to: #4377091

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
bcraht - 2012-08-23 2:08 PM
jmkizer - 2012-08-23 10:58 AM

Sounds fun to me!

Ooooh I like that nickname!!!  Unfortunately, he is probably correct.  A lot of people said they would give up on the NHL after the last lockout--but that's not what the numbers show, at least in the traditional markets (which is where the money is made).

Yeah, we kept our tickets *but* dropped down from 24 games 14.  (Well, we signed up for 18 and then they changed it to a 21 game package and then a 24 game package but that was 6 more than we wanted to we dropped down to the smaller package.

2012-08-23 1:16 PM
in reply to: #4377060

User image

Melon Presser

rrrunner - 2012-08-24 1:52 AM His fave was the PB flavor of Puffins. Yup. Weird.

Last year we housed players for the NM Mustangs. A team in the NAHL. They are 16-21 year old boys. It was great having them at the house and going to their games. Unfortunately the team is "dormant" this year.

Cough cough. I have *got* to come hang out at your place. Don't think I've given up on your son yet, either. After all, my sister keeps telling me it's like half my brain fell out

2012-08-23 1:19 PM
in reply to: #4377055

User image

Melon Presser
spudone - 2012-08-24 1:47 AM

Better than Beerios.

You know, I used to drink this malt drink and eat Corn Bran or Blueberry Morning out of the box, and it was really damn good.

So are you really just going to pleasure-cruise IMC? Please do, for your sake. Plus, it'll be fun that way. I kinda like you, Spiglet. It'd be nice to have you around for a while.

2012-08-23 3:02 PM

User image

Elite

Swim squad last night - awesome.  I haven't been for a couple of weeks, welcomed back with a hug and a kiss from Coach 'hot piglet' Johnny - I am the only one who gets that treatment let me tell you!  "Sigh", makes it all worth while!

Squad was good, had to jump up a lane as I was too fast for my slow lane Johnny said!  "sigh"

Now about PH - what was his bodyguard thinking letting in a mobile phone to take pics - where were they hiding it, they were naked.  What next a gun???  However hats off to him, what a naughty boy, I love him!

And in other news - very relevant to me - Chavril!!!!!!!!  Will Chad and Avril stand the test of time....

2012-08-23 3:07 PM
in reply to: #4377308

User image

Master
jobaxas - 2012-08-23 1:02 PM

Swim squad last night - awesome.  I haven't been for a couple of weeks, welcomed back with a hug and a kiss from Coach 'hot piglet' Johnny - I am the only one who gets that treatment let me tell you!  "Sigh", makes it all worth while!

Squad was good, had to jump up a lane as I was too fast for my slow lane Johnny said!  "sigh"

Now about PH - what was his bodyguard thinking letting in a mobile phone to take pics - where were they hiding it, they were naked.  What next a gun???  However hats off to him, what a naughty boy, I love him!

And in other news - very relevant to me - Chavril!!!!!!!!  Will Chad and Avril stand the test of time....

Unlikely....I call publicity stunt...

2012-08-23 3:07 PM

User image

Elite
ST I read something that concerned me in one of the forum threads - called "I almost drowned".   suffer a little from exercise induced asthma, seems to only affect me about an hour after exercise or straight after a long run.  This guy suffered a bad attack during a swim and presence of mind and officials saved his life.  It made me think a lot so I need to go to doc and get me a preventer - if only for the swim portion of training and racing.  If you suffer from asthma or breathing problems give it a read, scary stuff. (oh ignore the idiots who post about his grammar...)
2012-08-23 3:08 PM
in reply to: #4377316

User image

Elite
bcraht - 2012-08-23 3:07 PM
jobaxas - 2012-08-23 1:02 PM

Unlikely....I call publicity stunt...

I knew the Canadian would have an opinion!!  Hasn't Chad just lost a fortune to his ex-wife coz he's a doofus not signing a pre-nup with his airhead wife!??

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty RidiculoSnarky Almost Intelligent-Charming Manatees PART 4 - Full Rss Feed  

of 85