Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 220

2009-12-17 10:11 AM
in reply to: #2564235

User image

Master
New York, NY
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - CLOSED!
The added weight will put more pressure on the tight area.  The pain is worth it in the end, I promise!  And as your muscles loosen up it will hurt less and less.

KeriKadi - 2009-12-17 10:08 AM
Yes!  A little more towards the middle.  Ok that makes total sense!  When I as on the roller and had it under both of my knees there just wasn't enough pressure.  I am thinking with one leg on top there will be a whole new realm of pain.... I mean... relief.... eventually anyway.  Thanks so much for the tip Kelli.

2009-12-17 10:13 AM
in reply to: #2564472

User image

Master
Houston
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - OPEN!
By now I'm sure there are plenty of good pictures of the two of ya together. How about sharing

KelliD - 2009-12-17 10:07 AM He has the effect on people 

We've actually been friends for quite a while....we're in the same running group.  Started hanging out more and more, became clear we were both interested, he eventually asked me out aannnndd here we are   He's also really tall....I can wear my tallest heels and I'm still shorter than him....love it!  He's super speedy on the bike....on a good day I can hang for about 5 seconds.  He's just a really, really good guy! 

Trin2bfast - 2009-12-17 10:36 AM I think he's some sort of Secret Agent man.... she could tell us about him, but then she would have to kill us ALL!  All we know is he a good looking, athlete type who like Tri's and digs Kelli!  I think I am developing a man crush myself! Embarassed

Betsy0706 - 2009-12-17 9:28 AM Don't let her fool you Nicole.  I couldn't get much out of her and the boys were no help

KelliD - 2009-12-17 8:12 AM This is old news now   We already discussed this in the old thread while you were still in hibernation.

Nicole83 - 2009-12-17 8:45 AM Um wait a minute, you have a BOYFRIEND?

Okay, officially out of hibernation now.  KELLI!  DETAILS!!!

2009-12-17 10:13 AM
in reply to: #2558074

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!

(mhen40l.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
mhen40l.jpg (79KB - 9 downloads)
2009-12-17 10:14 AM
in reply to: #2564494

User image

Ha, yes... in the spirit of BT'dom ~ It didn't (or is that isn't) happening if there are no pics.

evondo - 2009-12-17 10:13 AM By now I'm sure there are plenty of good pictures of the two of ya together. How about sharing

We've actually been friends for quite a while....we're in the same running group.  Started hanging out more and more, became clear we were both interested, he eventually asked me out aannnndd here we are   He's also really tall....I can wear my tallest heels and I'm still shorter than him....love it!  He's super speedy on the bike....on a good day I can hang for about 5 seconds.  He's just a really, really good guy! 

Trin2bfast - 2009-12-17 10:36 AM I think he's some sort of Secret Agent man.... she could tell us about him, but then she would have to kill us ALL!  All we know is he a good looking, athlete type who like Tri's and digs Kelli!  I think I am developing a man crush myself! Embarassed

Betsy0706 - 2009-12-17 9:28 AM Don't let her fool you Nicole.  I couldn't get much out of her and the boys were no help

KelliD - 2009-12-17 8:12 AM This is old news now   We already discussed this in the old thread while you were still in hibernation.

2009-12-17 10:20 AM
in reply to: #2564494

User image

Master
New York, NY
Hmmm....I honestly don't know I have any.  I'll poke around.

evondo - 2009-12-17 11:13 AM By now I'm sure there are plenty of good pictures of the two of ya together. How about sharing

2009-12-17 10:22 AM
in reply to: #2564522

User image

Master
Houston
Sounds secret agentish to me...

KelliD - 2009-12-17 10:20 AM Hmmm....I honestly don't know I have any.  I'll poke around.

evondo - 2009-12-17 11:13 AM By now I'm sure there are plenty of good pictures of the two of ya together. How about sharing

2009-12-17 10:25 AM
in reply to: #2564428

User image

Pro
NJ

It is hard to add the extra minutes for stretching, but the dividends may actually be greater for you then the extra mile you would give up.  If you recover better, faster & stronger. Then you can increase your run inensity a little and make better fitness gains in the 4-5 miles you have... eventually pushing the milage out as your speed increases.  Proper recovery and injury prevention is a vital part of endurance training.  You can do the stretches after you get home with the girls... if there is a will there will be a way!  Make it happen missy ~ don't make me call a Whammm-bulance!  Drop the coin on recovery tights ~ next to my 305! Best training tool out there... ~ It would be third of course if Eric would give me his PT and pick himself up a new one

Ok, gotta ask....recovery tights????  I run in CWX stability tights.  Are these different animals?  Am guessing that the Spanx I sometimes wear with skirts in the winter don't count.Innocent
2009-12-17 10:40 AM
in reply to: #2564522

User image

Wait for it, wait for it... Where is Todd when you need him!  Way too easy KD.

KelliD - 2009-12-17 10:20 AM Hmmm....I honestly don't know I have any.  I'll poke around.

2009-12-17 10:41 AM
in reply to: #2564585

User image

Master
New York, NY
LMAO!!!  Damn....I set myself up for that one and didn't even see it coming.

Trin2bfast - 2009-12-17 11:40 AM Wait for it, wait for it... Where is Todd when you need him!  Way too easy KD.

2009-12-17 10:47 AM
in reply to: #2564540

User image

kcarroll - 2009-12-17 10:25 AM .

It is hard to add the extra minutes for stretching, but the dividends may actually be greater for you then the extra mile you would give up.  If you recover better, faster & stronger. Then you can increase your run inensity a little and make better fitness gains in the 4-5 miles you have... eventually pushing the milage out as your speed increases.  Proper recovery and injury prevention is a vital part of endurance training.  You can do the stretches after you get home with the girls... if there is a will there will be a way!  Make it happen missy ~ don't make me call a Whammm-bulance!  Drop the coin on recovery tights ~ next to my 305! Best training tool out there... ~ It would be third of course if Eric would give me his PT and pick himself up a new one

Ok, gotta ask....recovery tights????  I run in CWX stability tights.  Are these different animals?  Am guessing that the Spanx I sometimes wear with skirts in the winter don't count.Innocent

Ha, she said SPANX!    Sounds like someting Nicole would do... sorry ~ side bar.

There are active tights and recovery tights... I am guess the CWX are active (meaning the compression is not as much and it is not as directed as the Recovery)  I have the Zoot Compression RX (their recovery tight) and the compression is graduated and supposedly focused in certain areas of the legs to increase the blood flow back to the heart for increased circulation - based on the medical equivilant.  I have not used the active tights so I can't say for certain the 'feel' difference.  But like Eric said (I know Kelli uses them too)... they are a God send... go to bed sore and wake up refreshed and ready for the next session.  There are several brands ~ Zoot, they measure your calf, thigh and waist and different sizes to fit different leg builds... not just s, md, lg like some.

Edited by Trin2bfast 2009-12-17 10:48 AM
2009-12-17 10:50 AM
in reply to: #2564540

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Kim - I will agree....it's right up there with my Garmin. 

2009-12-17 11:08 AM
in reply to: #2564605

User image

Pro
NJ
Trin2bfast - 2009-12-17 11:47 AM

Ha, she said SPANX!    Sounds like someting Nicole would do... sorry ~ side bar.

There are active tights and recovery tights... I am guess the CWX are active (meaning the compression is not as much and it is not as directed as the Recovery)  I have the Zoot Compression RX (their recovery tight) and the compression is graduated and supposedly focused in certain areas of the legs to increase the blood flow back to the heart for increased circulation - based on the medical equivilant.  I have not used the active tights so I can't say for certain the 'feel' difference.  But like Eric said (I know Kelli uses them too)... they are a God send... go to bed sore and wake up refreshed and ready for the next session.  There are several brands ~ Zoot, they measure your calf, thigh and waist and different sizes to fit different leg builds... not just s, md, lg like some.

So do you wear them immediately after your workout or just at night?  All runs or just long runs?  I run early in the am and don't have time to do much more than shower  and put on my SPANKS (there, did it again just for you) before going to work.
2009-12-17 11:16 AM
in reply to: #2564660

User image

Master
Houston
LOL, Justin might have a new BFF!

I'll wear them under jeans right after my long run before I goto work.  If I feel legs will be sore from an interval workout or something else I throw them on at night as well.

kcarroll - 2009-12-17 11:08 AM

So do you wear them immediately after your workout or just at night?  All runs or just long runs?  I run early in the am and don't have time to do much more than shower  and put on my SPANKS (there, did it again just for you) before going to work.
2009-12-17 11:19 AM

User image

HA! Okay... (first) you're a keeper...

Ideally, soon after long runs or High Intensity Training (HIT) intervals/speed work.  But for many of us that isn't feasible.  Your SPANX (me)... will offer some benefit.  You may also consider the Sock vs. the full tight.  Then in the evening or at night you can don the full tight.

For men they make the dress sock (not quite the same compression as the ZOOT/2XU/et al socks) for daily use... which will work much like your Spanx.

You wil see the socks and calf guards at races...especially the longer distance stuff.  They also come in the active and recovery.
2009-12-17 11:29 AM
in reply to: #2564684

User image

Pro
NJ
Trin2bfast - 2009-12-17 12:19 PM HA! Okay... (first) you're a keeper...

Ideally, soon after long runs or High Intensity Training (HIT) intervals/speed work.  But for many of us that isn't feasible.  Your SPANX (me)... will offer some benefit.  You may also consider the Sock vs. the full tight.  Then in the evening or at night you can don the full tight.

For men they make the dress sock (not quite the same compression as the ZOOT/2XU/et al socks) for daily use... which will work much like your Spanx.

You wil see the socks and calf guards at races...especially the longer distance stuff.  They also come in the active and recovery.

Happy to amuse.  Seriously, thanks for the all the info on the Zoots.   Am thinking Santa might need to do a bit of last minute shopping for me this week.
2009-12-17 11:42 AM
in reply to: #2564707

User image

Master
San Diego, CA
kcarroll - 2009-12-17 9:29 AM
Trin2bfast - 2009-12-17 12:19 PM HA! Okay... (first) you're a keeper...

Happy to amuse.  Seriously, thanks for the all the info on the Zoots.   Am thinking Santa might need to do a bit of last minute shopping for me this week.

I want santa to bring me some fun tri gear. Perhaps I should have written a letter.

2009-12-17 11:57 AM

User image

Expert
Justin and Evondo, Thanks for telling me to run. Had a good run in the pouring ran. Only had a 30 minute run scheduled for Friday so I did a tempo run increasing the tempo with the fastest lap being the last lap.
2009-12-17 12:11 PM
in reply to: #2564769

User image

Good job JP... a progressive run!  nothing better than negative splits!  Way to get out there and run in the rain...  I am an amphibious warrior and I struggle with that.  If I am running and it starts to rain... no real biggie... but to head out into the wet stuff to get a run in... not so much!  I need to learn to HTFU I guess!

Hopefully you'll have some better weather for the bike rides.

Houstonrider - 2009-12-17 11:57 AM Justin and Evondo, Thanks for telling me to run. Had a good run in the pouring ran. Only had a 30 minute run scheduled for Friday so I did a tempo run increasing the tempo with the fastest lap being the last lap.
2009-12-17 12:16 PM

User image

Expert
I'm just really trying to be consistent in my training. I'm trying to do something everyday that will make me faster, even if it's an off day, I'm trying to stretch or do some active recovery even if its a short jog or a short spin. I know I'm going to miss some work outs due to weather, or family, but as long as I do "something" I think I'll be fine.
2009-12-17 12:31 PM
in reply to: #2564809

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
As you always say...suck it up buttercup!

Nice job on the run Justin.  Way to get out there despite the rainy weather.

Trin2bfast - 2009-12-17 12:11 PM Good job JP... a progressive run!  nothing better than negative splits!  Way to get out there and run in the rain...  I am an amphibious warrior and I struggle with that.  If I am running and it starts to rain... no real biggie... but to head out into the wet stuff to get a run in... not so much!  I need to learn to HTFU I guess!

Houstonrider - 2009-12-17 11:57 AM Justin and Evondo, Thanks for telling me to run. Had a good run in the pouring ran. Only had a 30 minute run scheduled for Friday so I did a tempo run increasing the tempo with the fastest lap being the last lap.
2009-12-17 12:37 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Powertap confusion

I have a question for you Powertap aficionados:  I’ve been doing some searches along the lines of “how to use Powertap”, and what I keep getting is a laundry list of the data it gives you.  I’m not having much luck finding out how people are are actually using the data.  Could someone give me a quick rundown of the main things you pay the most attention to?  Are you looking simply at power output over time?  Power x HR?  Average power over distance?  Those things almost seem to provide information overload.  Is the data they provide really that much more useful than, say, what you get from a GPS/HR monitor and cycle computer?

2009-12-17 12:39 PM
in reply to: #2564809

User image

Payson, AZ
Trin2bfast - 2009-12-17 10:11 AMGood job JP... a progressive run!  nothing better than negative splits!  Way to get out there and run in the rain...  I am an amphibious warrior and I struggle with that.  If I am running and it starts to rain... no real biggie... but to head out into the wet stuff to get a run in... not so much!  I need to learn to HTFU I guess!

Yup, HTFU. I whined about the rain yesterday as well but ended up running in it anyways cause I hate the treadmill more then the rain. For some reason I find it way easier to wake up in the morning and go run in the rain then to do it later in the day. Not sure why. The mind plays weird tricks on us I guess. Sadly I anticipate rain every day from now until say May/June. What I hate though is when I get up and go run in the rain and as soon as I get finished it stops. Mother nature is mean I tell you.
2009-12-17 12:40 PM
in reply to: #2564890

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Powertap confusion
Oh, and one more thing: do you race with the Powertap?
2009-12-17 12:58 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Holy cow a few days working in the middle of Wisconsin and there are 12 pages. I have been repremanded by EvD to get a bio up. I am at milwaukee airport now and will post when I get back and catch up. Excited about the new group.
2009-12-17 1:12 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Hahahhaha poke.

Heheheh spanks.

Hahahaha I'm such a perverted 13 year old boy at heart. 

Yep, that's all, nothing more to add.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - CLOSED! Rss Feed  

of 220