BT Development Mentor Program Archives » LaurenSU02's group - CLOSED! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 66

2008-09-22 11:02 AM
in reply to: #1354013

User image

Expert
WA
Subject: RE: LaurenSU02's group - CLOSED!

it's been quiet lately group!!!  who has more races besides matt, traci, and jim?  everyone else, what kind of plans do you have for the offseason?  i think i am going to try and become "a runner" with occasional swimming, and let the biking handle itself in the spring.

i rode my bike yesterday for the first time since july 27 and it was a pathetic attempt.  i was over 1mph slower than a few months ago and i felt tired afterwards, as if i'd ridden 40 miles instead of 17.  oh well, you gotta start somewhere.

this fitness stuff is crazy, you can't take time off or you lose it soooooo fast! 

2008-09-23 11:31 AM
in reply to: #1688179

User image

Sensei
Sin City
lisazapato - 2008-09-22 9:02 AM

it's been quiet lately group!!!  who has more races besides matt, traci, and jim?  everyone else, what kind of plans do you have for the offseason?  i think i am going to try and become "a runner" with occasional swimming, and let the biking handle itself in the spring.

i rode my bike yesterday for the first time since july 27 and it was a pathetic attempt.  i was over 1mph slower than a few months ago and i felt tired afterwards, as if i'd ridden 40 miles instead of 17.  oh well, you gotta start somewhere.

this fitness stuff is crazy, you can't take time off or you lose it soooooo fast! 

It has been slow...  Maybe the group is fizzling out, or end of tri season...

2008-09-23 11:36 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Toledo, Ohio
lisazapato - 2008-09-22 12:02 PM

I've been short on time and not on BT much lately

Congrats about getting back on your bike. Not easy to do after a long break. Just keep at it. I think you'll improve fast because of your background.

My plans for the off season include:

1. Run 3x week and build up my long run to 1 hour (once a week at that distance)

2. Bike 2 or 3 x week. Mostly short rides. Work on form and high cadence

3. Use Gale Bernhardts "swim workouts in a binder" to get in 3 structured swims a week + one additional masters swim a week for a total of 4/week

4. Strengthwork with a focus on exercises that will strengthen my core and muscles around my knees

5. Rest, have fun, and don't worry about training plans!

2008-10-06 11:24 AM

User image

Austin, Texas or Jupiter, Florida

Hey gang!

Guess the group died-off.  I'm sorry I dropped-off the grid.  Just had so much to take-care-of for the last two months.  My project was in construction last week when we put it on hold.  So I had a week of intense work to put it on the shelf and now, I'm back to being a man without a country so-to-speak.

I've done one 20 (two weeks ago) and a 16 on Saturday so I'm ready to roll.  I guess I'll do a 10 this weekend and then a 6 the next.  I've actually gained a couple of pounds but I'm not focusing on losing anymore, just on getting miles and hours.  Any marathon tips you have would be greatly appreciated.  Anyway, I promise not to be such a ghost!!!

Later. Matt.

2008-10-27 1:17 PM
in reply to: #1354013

User image

Master
Hingham, Ma
Looks like our little layoff allowed other groups to catch up.  I also took some time off.  Was a bit burnt out from going from Feb to Aug.  I was spent after my Oly in August.  I started back up again.  Hope eveyone is done well.  Congrats to our 2 Marathon finishers this weekend.  Great job. 
2008-12-16 5:33 PM
in reply to: #1768062

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I get a chance to meet the 'mentor'!

We both will be participating in Escape from Alcatraz this coming June.

Woot!!!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » LaurenSU02's group - CLOSED! Rss Feed  

of 66