Playtri
77F / 25C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 30m 24s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = F45-49
Age Group Rank = 4/8
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 5am, ate a bagel w/ cream cheese, coffee and then a zone bar closer to the race. Gu prior to the swim
Event warmup:

Nothing really, set up in transition, got chipped and marked and then stood around visiting with those in my area.
Swim
  • 8h 36m
  • 383 yards
  • 2h 14m 49s / 100 yards
Comments:

I was in about the right place, caught people in front of me but didn't have anyone close behind me. Could probably have been a few places up- But I definitely need to continue working on my swim time.
What would you do differently?:

More time in the pool. Get better at freestyle. Learn to relax!
Transition 1
  • 02m 19s
Comments:

My rack was pretty far from the bike exit so it felt like I had to run a long way in my shoes. It would be nice to be able to run barefoot and get into my shoes on the bike when the run is that far. Not to that point yet!

I felt great on the bike. Got new carbon shoes that are very comfortable. It was nice not to have my left foot asleep half way through the bike!
Bike
  • 41h 54m
  • 12.81 miles
  • 0.31 mile/hr
Comments:

I'm getting much more comfortable on the bike. Practiced getting out of my shoes on the bike and managed to do it today. Helped alot as the rack was a good run- Much easier barefoot than in bike shoes!

Continue to get my speed up. Averaged almost 18 mph. Better than last year's 15! Was better on the big hills this year- Less scared but didn't go as fast a last year- Even though I tried!
Transition 2
  • 01m 50s
Comments:

All went well. Heart rate was high so I ran out of transition, but then had to walk. Heard my husband's name finishing as I was running out- Looked to see if I could see him so I could make him run another 3 miles with me!!

Continue working on my intervals to increase my run/walk ratio. Probably will buy the snap on feature for my Garmin for bike to run transition. It took me longer to get the band off my bars.. fumbled with it longer than I would have liked. Would love to be able run w/out socks.. But they feel so good!
Run
  • 35h 41m
  • 3.1 miles
  • 11h 30m 39s  min/mile
Comments:

I really need to work on my run. I've been using my Garmin to do intervals and this has helped bring my time down. I still need to continue to run more and walk less but have made big improvements! My heart rate is still pretty high throughout the run and bike. Averaging 177+..

Nothing really.. Just more training and experience in figuring out what works and how hard I can push myself.
Post race
Warm down:

Greeted by my husband who had finished a half hour earlier! Got a water and sat on the curb. Talked to friends and met a few people from this site!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My heart rate is just high.. More conditioning should help that!

Event comments:

Nice to have a race close to home (Frisco). Lots of volunteers and traffic control. Well planned and a nice venue.

Last updated: 2008-08-11 12:00 AM
Swimming
08:36:00 | 383 yards | 2h 14m 49s / 100yards
Age Group: 4/8
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: Usual snake lanes
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:19
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
41:54:00 | 12.81 miles | 0.31 mile/hr
Age Group: 2/8
Wind:
Course: I like this course- Except for the big metal plate! Otherwise, traffic control is good, the course is nicely laid out- Except that my Garmin showed it was longer than 12 miles..
Road:  Dry Cadence: 80
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:50
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
35:41:00 | 03.1 miles | 11h 30m 39s  min/mile
Age Group: 6/8
Performance: Average
Course: Nice run. Great to see all the volunteers along the way. Water stations were nicely placed.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-08-17 7:53 PM

User image

New user
Subject: Take on the Heat Triathlon

2008-08-18 9:01 AM
in reply to: #1609181

User image

Expert
Frisco TX (DFW area)
Subject: RE: Take on the Heat Triathlon
Great race - dear - (my wife)
2008-08-18 9:56 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Longview

Great Race!  That is a great time!  Woohoo new carbon shoes!!!! I'm jealous! 

Okay...what is the deal with posting a pic of your hubby and kids...but none of YOU?!?!?!?  I saw your note to me about seeing me and my friend PJ in the bathroom...and I need to see a pic of you!  I hate it when I am right close to other BTers and don't meet them....what is your next race????

Another note....I'm sure your husband was seeded higher in the swim...and men are SUPPOSED to be faster than us women!!!

2008-08-18 10:37 AM

User image

Champion
the colony texas

it was nice to meet you briefly.. I'm sure your husband would have ran that extra 3 miles with ya..

great race and it is nice to do one so close to home

2008-08-18 12:53 PM

User image

Veteran
The Colony, TX
Great race and awesome improvement on the bike split over last year. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you or your husband but hopefully we will meet up at a later race. Congrats!
2008-08-18 10:46 PM

User image

Veteran

Good job on the improvement on the bike from last year!  Also - way to go on taking your feet out of your shoes on the bike! 

2008-08-20 12:08 AM

Veteran
The Colony, Texas, USA, Earth
way to go Linda.  It was nice to meet you and Grady at the pre-race dinner at Roma's.  I hope to see the two of you at future races.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Take on the Heat Triathlon Rss Feed