General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cutting Edge Half Classic Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-10-21 6:52 AM

Subject: Cutting Edge Half Classic
My family has been having our family reunion at Anthony Acres every summer for 26 years and now I see that the summer I want to do a half-ironman, Effingham is having one on the same weekend all 35 of us will be there anyway. This is a sign.

2008-10-22 3:34 PM
in reply to: #1755854

User image

over a barrier
Subject: RE: Cutting Edge Half Classic
You pretty much have to do this race now....35 people cheering for you, hello?!??! Awesome
2008-12-22 5:49 PM

User image

New user

Chicago, California
That's AWESOME! You definitely have to do it! It'll be a fantastic morning for your family.

Register now --I think the early bird discount is still in effect.

Running2far and I will be there too =) Looking forward to it, as so far I've heard nothing but good things about the race.
2008-12-26 1:04 PM

User image

Expert
Chicago
With a cheering section of 35, your family will make up over half of the spectators!! This is a great race...I jock strapped this one 2 summers ago.
2009-01-01 7:44 PM

User image

Veteran
Chicago, IL

I've not done the HM, but actually placed in my AG last year during the Effingham Sprint....ok, so there were not that many peeps in my group.  But hey- it is hardware!

Seriously, I was very impressed by the race directors and the whole crew.  They started the sprint in a mass start, albeit the first-timers started a few minutes afterwards in a "second wave".  The course was clearly marked throughout...lots of water....and plenty of people eager to answer any and all your questions.  The day prior, we witnessed a crew spending about 30 minutes "raking" the grass to get out all the tree burrs (or whatever those things are called) so that the ramble up from the lake to the transition area was "nice".  

I might do this one this year.....if I can convince my friend to do this one instead of High Cliff in Wisconsin. 

There is not a multisport shop for hours though....so remember all your gear!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cutting Edge Half Classic Rss Feed