BT Development Mentor Program Archives » kellc09's Mentor group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 30

2009-04-07 8:56 PM
in reply to: #1856184

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: kellc09's Mentor group - CLOSED
Well-it looks like this round of mentoring groups is wrapping up. This is the first group I've participated in, so I'm not sure what happens from here.

Kellie- I did want to take the time to thank you for all of the advice and encouragement you've given me over the past 4 months! This group has definately helped to keep me motivated through the long cold winter. I especially want to thank you for the encouragement with my running goals. In December I wasn't runnng at all, and when I started, I couldn't do 2 miles with out walking. So thanks for keeping me motivated and encouraging me to keep going.

Thanks to every one who has participated and offered advice, suggestions and friendship.
Kyla and Greg, it was great to have other people to go through the winter cycling program with! It was great to be able to talk to other parents who are juggling training with family and life commitments.
Roni, you're marathon training and race report were quite inspiring to me.
Bronwyn-I wish you a speedy and full recovery.
To every one else who chimed in at times, thanks and good luck.

-Heidi

2009-04-08 1:37 PM

User image

Expert
Shelby Twp
Thanks Heidi!   I did see that they are starting the spring/summer now.   However, even though our group will be ending, feel free to keep me in your friends list and find me at any time for any questions and things of the like!!     You guys were a pleasure    Hopefully you feel you got something out of it
2009-04-08 6:16 PM
in reply to: #2071481

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN
kellc09 - 2009-04-08 1:37 PM Thanks Heidi!   I did see that they are starting the spring/summer now.   However, even though our group will be ending, feel free to keep me in your friends list and find me at any time for any questions and things of the like!!     You guys were a pleasure    Hopefully you feel you got something out of it

So, I don't really know how the mentor thing works.  Is it over now?  Kellie and the rest, you have helped me have a great winter!  I am not sure why I have fallen so badly with my training, but I am getting mad enough that I will get back on track.  I guess with the job issues,  pushing too fast for warm weather, and other issues, I just lost focus the last few weeks.

Kellie, thank-you for being our mentor. I would not have done near as well without the support all of you gave me over the winter.  This was the next best thing to having a coach.  I did  a lot of workouts when I really didn't want to because I knew you were watching! Smile I have all of you in my friends list so I will check in and see how you are doing and what events you are in.  It would be nice to meet some of you in person. 
2009-04-08 7:57 PM
in reply to: #2072240

User image

Expert
Shelby Twp
Gregkl - 2009-04-08 6:16 PM
kellc09 - 2009-04-08 1:37 PM Thanks Heidi!   I did see that they are starting the spring/summer now.   However, even though our group will be ending, feel free to keep me in your friends list and find me at any time for any questions and things of the like!!     You guys were a pleasure    Hopefully you feel you got something out of it

So, I don't really know how the mentor thing works.  Is it over now?  Kellie and the rest, you have helped me have a great winter!  I am not sure why I have fallen so badly with my training, but I am getting mad enough that I will get back on track.  I guess with the job issues,  pushing too fast for warm weather, and other issues, I just lost focus the last few weeks.

Kellie, thank-you for being our mentor. I would not have done near as well without the support all of you gave me over the winter.  This was the next best thing to having a coach.  I did  a lot of workouts when I really didn't want to because I knew you were watching! Smile I have all of you in my friends list so I will check in and see how you are doing and what events you are in.  It would be nice to meet some of you in person. 

Yeah, they do the mentor thing by season, so ours will go away soon.   But like I said, keep everyone in your list still and check up every now and then! 

Greg, dont beat yourself up over it.  If you can get back on track  now, youve still got time to knock out a killer tri season   Hopefully I will meet you at Muncie!
2009-04-09 10:22 AM
in reply to: #2072454

User image

Master
THANK YOU Kellie and the fabulous mentor group!! Like Heidi and Greg said, there are many things I did this winter that I wouldn't have done without this group!!

I wouldn't have tackled Jorge's cycling program!! I didn't end up finishing it, but I did log lots of weeks and hours and intervals and it got my booty on my trainer when I would have been sleeping instead!!

I never would have done some of my longer bike rides on the trainer if you, Kellie, hadn't pretty much said to suck it up. I pushed past my limits and now I know that snow and crappy weather don't mean I can't log those long workouts. They will always be a mental grind, but they are good for me!!

I'm not sure I would have pushed through a LT test, on the bike OR on the run. And now I have done two on the run!! And I will do more! I've learned that I'm sort-of a slacker runner and I can bring more to the table!!

Like Greg, there were days I didn't want to get 'er done, but I knew Kellie and others would be checking in and I hate seeing blank spots in my training log. Thanks, everyone, for keeping us accountable!

Roni, you are truly an inspiration! To take on your first mary while also doing HIM training is just awesome!! I am starting to feel the marathon itch, just a tad... am deciding if this year I will take on one of my goals and run a mary where I go for one of my time goals!

I will keep this group's blogs in my log so I can check in on you guys. I hope you will do the same with me, cuz I love "geeking out" on all things tri and athletic and you are a good group for that!!

Onward!!
2009-04-09 10:30 AM

User image

Expert
Shelby Twp
Guys, I have started a side blog also.   My plan with this blog is to post some tips, information, etc this year.  I dont really like doing that in my blog on here.  its gets so lengthy and I just use this mostly for workout input.  But, it is out there if you want to stop by and take a look, and leave me comments and or questions on the blog.  I will answer the questions and comments left on there!

here and its posted in my logs here to. 

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Edited by kellc09 2009-04-09 10:32 AM

2009-04-09 8:14 PM
in reply to: #2072454

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN

Yeah, they do the mentor thing by season, so ours will go away soon.   But like I said, keep everyone in your list still and check up every now and then! 

Greg, dont beat yourself up over it.  If you can get back on track  now, youve still got time to knock out a killer tri season   Hopefully I will meet you at Muncie![/QUOTE]

Kellie, you don't know how timely those words are and how they have inspired me to get going!  Just shows that you are a great mentor!  Let's keep in touch and figure out a way to meet each other in Muncie.
2009-04-11 6:30 PM
in reply to: #2075117

User image

Expert
Shelby Twp
Gregkl - 2009-04-09 8:14 PM

Greg, dont beat yourself up over it.  If you can get back on track  now, youve still got time to knock out a killer tri season   Hopefully I will meet you at Muncie![/QUOTE]

Kellie, you don't know how timely those words are and how they have inspired me to get going!  Just shows that you are a great mentor!  Let's keep in touch and figure out a way to meet each other in Muncie.

Sounds good!  Ive got you on my friends list now and we'll keep  a eye on our training and meet up at Muncie!
2009-04-12 10:34 AM

User image

Master
Silverton, Oregon
Hi guys! Just wanted to say THANK YOU! This has been an awesome mentor group! Like Kyla, I would NEVER had done those long trainer rides without the encouragement from Kellie. Plus, seeing Kyla get them done inspired me to quit coming up with excuses not to do them  Everyone's support and encouragement for my marathon and HIM training has helped me get my training in and have an awesome first marathon! I've really appreciated you guys!  It's been alot of fun watching everyone's journey in training and I will continue to check on logs and keep in touch. I hope you all do as well!Happy Training! Thanks again!!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » kellc09's Mentor group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 30