Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 17

2009-03-30 12:03 PM
in reply to: #2048066

Expert
Atlanta, GA
Subject: RE: tribesman's group - FULL
afrutoz - 2009-03-30 8:19 AM

LOL...Weeelllll so much for planning.  As we crested the hill into the early am sunshine during the first 2 miles or so, I looked to my Garmin and found I was running a MUCH faster pace than I planned.  Then I checked my HR and found it was much lower than I would expect for that pace so I just went with it.  Cardiowise the race was great.  I had lots of energy at the end.  The real issue I had was I had some pain in my knees during the last three miles.  I wanted to push through it but I was concerned that I might hurt myelf.  I still haven't learned what is acceptable pain vs stop now kinda pain.  It turned out this was push through it pain cause I am fine today.  Oh well, lesson learned sort of.  I also drank too much h2o and gatoraide which made my tummy hurt towards the end.  I skipped the last 2 hydration stops and eased up a bit on pace for a minute and that helped straighten out the tummy.  I did follow my plan of pushing harder the second half of the race.  I really was happy at how fast the time flew by, my overall pace and knowing that, without the pain, I could have really killed it (for me)...I had not run that distance or time in a long time and I am sure conditioning and longer runs will help get me there.  Overall, I was really happy with my performance.  I did 11:30 pace and finished at exactly 2:30 which is what I had hoped for.  I am not sure but I think I shaved off nearly 10 min from my last race and lord knows I feel much better today than I did after my first half mary....   Kiss

Ali,

Great work hitting your goal! That is always exciting and makes me feel good.

I find that I ALWAYS learn SOMETHING with each race. It doesn't matter if it is a 5k or Ironman, I take something away that helps me going forward. It sounds like you did too I'm with Sandy in that your coach should definately be assisting you with your training and race planning. Unless it is an "A" race (and there are only a couple per year), I am likely "training through" my races. I am glad to assist but your coach knows or should know exactly what you are doing and where you are re training.

Very happy to hear you are feeling good and we will see you at the races soon!!

Tony

2009-03-30 12:08 PM
in reply to: #1857242

Expert
Atlanta, GA
Hey gang,

How was everyone else's weekend?

- Any goals met (way to go Ali again!)

-Any set backs?

I also want to give you all a heads up that the "official" BT mentor program for the 2008-2009 Winter season is approaching the end per the Administrator. He is going to post something soon. We can use this week for any last minute questions, idea sharing, etc...

Please know you can always run things by me, ask questions, or check in with me. Trust me, I am going to ping you all every once in a while I will be on this forum at least this week too.

Tony
2009-03-30 12:19 PM

Expert
Atlanta, GA
What are things we want to accomplish in triathlon? Any "must-do's"?

I will start. I've (slowly) started checking these off:

-QUALIFY and complete in both the Ironman World Championships and a 70.3/HIM World Championships

-Finish EVERY Ironman around the world

-Qualify for and finish the Boston marathon

-Hit the podium more often than not at triathlons

-Continue to improve with all 3 sports, get more sleep, and work on nutrition

-Help others with multisport!

Tony
2009-04-02 1:14 PM

Expert
Atlanta, GA
Hey Gang,

Just a late week check-in. How is everyone? I hope we all have a great, safe weekend. I am out of pocket Saturday and Sunday due to other out of town commitments so....train extra hard for me!

Keep up the great work!
Tony
2009-04-03 8:15 PM
in reply to: #2048828

User image

Veteran
Newnan, GA
tribesman - 2009-03-30 1:19 PM

What are things we want to accomplish in triathlon? Any "must-do's"?

I will start. I've (slowly) started checking these off:

-QUALIFY and complete in both the Ironman World Championships and a 70.3/HIM World Championships

-Finish EVERY Ironman around the world

-Qualify for and finish the Boston marathon

-Hit the podium more often than not at triathlons

-Continue to improve with all 3 sports, get more sleep, and work on nutrition

-Help others with multisport!

Tony

Well -- it looks as though everyone is tapering off as we near the end.

My must do list for the year: Finish every race I start - which includes my first and second 1/2 IM, train smart and have fun with friends while doing so.

2009-04-03 8:16 PM
in reply to: #2057910

User image

Veteran
Newnan, GA
tribesman - 2009-04-02 2:14 PM

Hey Gang,

Just a late week check-in. How is everyone? I hope we all have a great, safe weekend. I am out of pocket Saturday and Sunday due to other out of town commitments so....train extra hard for me!

Keep up the great work!
Tony

Tony -- thanks for being a great mentor! You guidance and insight has been very appreciated. See you at EC events!

2009-04-06 11:37 AM

Expert
Atlanta, GA
Team,

As our "official" time together comes to a close, I want to say thank you very much for letting me mentor and share my thoughts with you all. I have learned a lot working with you and hope you picked up some things along the way as well.

Please know you can always ping me and ask questions or just send me a message to let me know how you are doing. I will be checking on you, whether you like it or not!

Again, it has been a honor working with such a great group!

Thanks...train hard and smart,

Tony
2009-04-07 3:14 PM
in reply to: #2061835

Expert
Atlanta, GA
swise - 2009-04-03 9:16 PM

tribesman - 2009-04-02 2:14 PM

Hey Gang,

Keep up the great work!
Tony

Tony -- thanks for being a great mentor! You guidance and insight has been very appreciated. See you at EC events!

Sandy,

Thank you for the nice comment. You have been wonderful to work with! Can't wait for the upcoming EC events!

Thanks,
Tony
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » tribesman's group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 17