Precipitation
Total Time = 50m 8s
Overall Rank = 204/741
Age Group = W 25-29
Age Group Rank = 9/45
Pre-race routine:

Nothing major. Got up early. Ate cereal. Got on the road to Oakville
Event warmup:

None. It was cruddy weather so most people were huddling indoors. There was a bit of a walk to the start line and they corralled everyone together for that.
Run
  • 50m 8s
  • 10 kms
  • 05m 01s  min/km
Comments:

My running partner really wanted to set a big pb so she went off ahead. I just tried to keep it fast but still maintainable. I knew i was out a little too quick by 4k. But i was sub 25mins for the 5k. And then I slowed up. It was very narrow lane for running in the last section. But i was on my own for a good portion. There was drizzle for most of the run which helped to keep me cool. Tried to put on a little speed at the end but my stomach was giving me a big 'thumbs down' on that.
What would you do differently?:

Not sure. I am very happy with my result and i probably should have taken it a little easier in the beginning but i might have lost some time. There's a point at which I have to put it all out there.
Post race
Warm down:

We normally wouldn't have stayed for the post race events but this race was giving away a year lease on a mercedes!! Definitely worth sticking around for! Sadly, we didn't win. Oh well, there's always next year

What limited your ability to perform faster:

This wasn't an A race for me so i didn't really do any specific training for it. Very happy with my performance.

Event comments:

For a first year race it was run really well! Great job and hope to see it grow!!

Last updated: 2009-02-20 12:00 AM
Running
00:50:08 | 10 kms | 05m 01s  min/km
Age Group: 9/45
Overall: 204/741
Performance: Good
Course: Loop. Very flat with minor inclines and decents. Partially on the waterfront in Oakville which is very nice. Very narrow lane for runners in the last three kms.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-04-26 6:33 PM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: Mercedes-Benz Oakville 10k

2009-04-28 6:34 PM
in reply to: #2111399

User image

Master
Perth, Australia
Subject: RE: Mercedes-Benz Oakville 10k

Great run Jen! THats a FANTASTIC speed!!! Too bad about the car LOL - there's always next year!!!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Mercedes-Benz Oakville 10k Rss Feed