General Discussion Race Reports! » Tradewinds Park Triathlon (formely Ribiera Beach) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Tradewinds Park Triathlon (formely Ribiera Beach) - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Coconut Creek, Florida
United States
MultiRace
78F / 26C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 00m 14s
Overall Rank = 106/266
Age Group = Female Master
Age Group Rank = 3/3
Pre-race routine:

This Event supposed to take place in Singer Island, Riviera Beach, FL...but...It was changed 4 weeks prior to Tradewinds Park in Coconut Creek cuz the City of Riviera Beach the principal sponsor cut the budgets for this kind of Events....Bummer!!!

This Event was organized for the well known people of www.MultiRace.com from South Florida and hold a Duathlon and Triathlon at the same time with a total of 354 participants...88 Duathletes and 266 Triathletes...and..it's part of the Ameriprise Financial South Florida Triathlon Series...

It was a very busy Weekend for me cuz I was pet-sitting 4 indooor dogs since Friday till Sunday...I had to take/check them every 4 or 5 hours and feed them once...and...spend the night with them...

Friday June 5th:
We had our usual full carbo load that day...early dinner at home...grilled steak with linguinis with pesto and basil and steams veggies...

Saturday June 6th:
Woke-up late and took a good/full breakfast: orange juice, eggs with bacon, toasted bagels with slice of turkey and brie on top, and coffee w/milk...Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy...!!! and off course our usual package of multi-vitamins and minerals, Amino 1500, CO Q10 and Glucosamine...

My Buddy supposed to be off that Weekend but in call/duty from the Nuc Plant...and..Guess what??? He received a call that morning and he had to go to supervise some works...Great!!!

I washed/lubed/tuned my bike...changed the wheels for the Race Wheels (Hed3C)...prepared/packed all my Race stuff...and prepared beverages and placed in the fridge/refrigerator...

We couldn't go to pick-up our Race Packages cuz was in a bike store in Ft. Lauderdale...too far for us...and we decided to do it the same Race day...

At noon I took a good/full lunch...lasagna and salad...then took 1 hour nap...

My Buddy called me around 6 pm that was in his way to home and would bring dinner from Sonny's BB'Q...
We got bb'q sliced beef, sliced pork, pulled chicken, sweet & smokey ribs, coleslaw and baked potatoe...

8:00 pm: Loaded our bikes into the car and our bags with Race stuff...

8:30 pm: My Buddy took me to the dogs owner's house...I spent the night with them...I took with me the cooler with my beverages for the Race and my breakfast for next day...

9:30 pm: Went to bed after put all the dogs in their kennels...but...it was a very bad night...I couldn't sleep very well...there were thunders and lightnings and one of the dog was very scared...and...she was whining and scratching the kennel all night...it was very hard to fall sleep with all the noises...finally at midnight...I opened the kennels and bring them with me to the guess room...but still...they didn't settle down...but...finally...I did fall sleep around 1 am...If I slept 4 hours... was too much...LOL
Woke-up around 4:00 am and took the dogs out...but first...removed all the dogs collars with tags to avoid noises and wake-up other dogs around the neighborhood...LOL

Took my usual pre-Race breakfast...first Orange juice and then my Super-Soy Protein Shake (chocolate)....and...my multivitamins and minerals, Amino 1500, COQ 10, and Glucosamine...

My Buddy picked me up around 5:00 am...and...tooks us around 1 hour to get to Tradewinds Park, in Coconut Creek...

Parked car and took our bikes and bags and coolers and went to pick-up our Race Packages...timming chips...and body marked...

My Buddy got the Bid# 109 / yellow cap...and me...the Bid# 100 and my NON favorite PINK Cap...

Photobucket

When we got our timming chips...they gave us 2 different timming chips straps...they were testing a new system...and...just in case...if it fails..they would have the support of the old one...LOL

Went to Transition Area..placed our bikes in our rack area...and...did set up all our stuff like usual:
I placed a green towel over the grass in front on my bike...under the front wheel...and...over...my biking/running shoes...a bottle with fozen water...and my hat...my belt with Bid# and a small ziploc with 2 Endurolytes...all wrapped inside my hat...
My helmet over the seat and my sunglases over the handle bar...
This time I didn't bring my AeroBottle...and...I only used my Speedfill Hydration System with a mix of water, PowerBar Endurance (Orange) and Endurox R4...

Checked exit/entrance of Transition Area...

Here you can see Transition Area:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Took one Hammer Gel (Orange) and 2 Endurolytes with water and PowerBar Endurance...

Took my swim cap, goggles and wax ear-plugs and headed to the swim area at the lake...
Event warmup:

The water temp. was in 79oF...jumped into the lake...and...swam maybe 100 mts and came back to shore...out...some arms and legs stretchings...and chatting with some friends and my Buddy...

There were 6 Waves included the Duathlon...The Wave#1 (Pro-Elite Male and Female and Physical Challenge) started in time like usual at 7:00 am...and...after 2 minutes the Duathlon in mass...and...then every 5 minutes the rest of the Waves...
My Buddy was in the Wave#4 (Male 40+) at 7:12 am and me in the next one Wave#5 (All Female) at 7:17 am...

Swim
  • 09m 5s
  • 400 meters
  • 02m 16s / 100 meters
Comments:

Here is the Swimmin Course:

Swimming Course

The Swimming time include the running from the Swim Exit till the entrace to Transition Area....

The Swimming was straight from one point to the other side of the lake...
Jumped into the water without any problem...everybody spreaded out...that not the usual kick and punch combat...very nice and easy swimming...I didn't kill by myself...I was a little tired cuz I couldn't sleep enough...and...I decided to save my energy for my bike and run legs...and...I knew that I usually reach/pass many of the women that beat me in the swimming only running to Transition...that...I decided to take easy...
What would you do differently?:

Sleep enough...
Transition 1
  • 00m 53s
Comments:

It was other usual fast Transition for me...the fastest in my Age Group and 61th Overall...
Got first helmet...put biking shoes...took bike...and ran out of Transition...
Bike
  • 30m 33s
  • 10 miles
  • 19.64 mile/hr
Comments:

Here is the Bike Course: 2 Laps...

Bike Course

This is a very fast bike course but with some hard turns...but...I have raced many times here...that...it's like my bike go by itself...automatic pilot...LOL

Passed a lot of people and I knew that I was doing great...and...the only women in my AG that passed me was my friend Marylou Brunett in the 2nd lap...2 miles before we got Transition...

Desmounted like usual...like the Pro-Elites but keeping shoes...jumped out the bike and ran to Transition Area...

Train and train...
Transition 2
  • 00m 51s
Comments:

Other fast transition...I was the fastest in my AG...and...105th Overall.
It could be more fast but when I ran to my rack area...I got in the wrong one...one after mine...Damn!!! but...still...I did the best I could...racked bike...changed shoes...removed helmet and took my hat and bottle with water and ran as fast as possible from Transition...

Pay attention when I'm approching to my Rack Area...LOL
Run
  • 18m 52s
  • 2.5 miles
  • 07m 33s  min/mile
Comments:

Here is the Run Course:

Run Course

It was a very fast run...passing a lot of people included my Buddy...LOL...I knew that I was in the top 3 of my Age Group...

Train and Train...
Post race
Warm down:

Just when I passed the Finish Line...Marylou was there waiting for me...She gave me a big hug and congratulate me...and...her husband took us some pics...Very Nice...!!!

A volunteer gave to me a bottle of water and other one took my timming chips...and...I waited till my Buddy got at the Finish Line...

Went to the food area...and...took some slices of oranges and a baget...Yummmmy!!!

Went to collect/pack all our Race Stuff and bikes and took them to the car.

Changed our clothes for dry ones...Nice...!!!

Went to check our results and for my surprise...

I got 3rd Female Master Overal...and...my friend Marylou 2nd Female Master Overall...The 1st Female Master Overall was a girl from the AG 40-44...

Total Time: 1h00m14s...Damn!!! for only 14 second...almost Sub 1h...Next Time...!!!! but I got a new PR: 1m45s...Yes...!!!

My Buddy got 6th place in his AG 55-59...Good Job!!! He has not training enough...too much work...and...lasck of sleep...

Here in the Award Ceremony and the plaque that I got:

Photobucket

Photobucket

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The lack of sleep...

Event comments:

Other Excellent Event very well organized for the people of
Photobucket

Last updated: 2009-03-25 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:05 | 400 meters | 02m 16s / 100meters
Age Group: 2/3
Overall: 149/266
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 79F / 26C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Average Navigation: Good
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:53
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:30:33 | 10 miles | 19.64 mile/hr
Age Group: 2/3
Overall: 133/266
Wind: Some
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:51
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:18:52 | 02.5 miles | 07m 33s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/3
Overall: 71/266
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-06-22 2:11 PM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
Subject: Tradewinds Park Triathlon (formely Ribiera Beach)

2009-06-23 2:49 PM
in reply to: #2234584

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
Subject: RE: Tradewinds Park Triathlon (formely Ribiera Beach)

Thanks....

2009-06-24 8:31 AM
in reply to: #2234584

User image

Subject: RE: Tradewinds Park Triathlon (formely Ribiera Beach)

That point to point swim looks like fun.  I always wanted to do one.  One day...

Good bike and smooookin' fast run!  Your buddy should build you a trophy case for all these plaques and awards!! 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tradewinds Park Triathlon (formely Ribiera Beach) Rss Feed