General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bailing on IM Augusta... advice... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-01 10:04 AM

Extreme Veteran
Cary, NC
Subject: Bailing on IM Augusta... advice...

I was so excited to sign up for a substantial triathlon after the birth of my son last year...  I signed up for Augusta 70.3 over a year in advance of the inagural race.  In that year, obviously a lot has happened, and not to go into a sob-story, I just can't make it happen w/ a baby, full-time 100% commission job in a crappy economy, and a husband who nearly blew a gasket when I did IMFL due to the time constraints...

Do I have ANY shot in heck to get a partial refund or maybe even have my entry pushed to next year to at least give me a shot at doing it later?  I would assume that they have to be pretty strict on their policy...

Just wondering...and feeling depressed I can't "do it all"

2009-07-01 11:06 AM
in reply to: #2255617

User image

Subject: RE: Bailing on IM Augusta... advice...
Hey Deb, that is a bummer, that I can relate to.  I hate having to pay for races that sell out so fast and then DNS for whatever reason.

As to the question,....  no.  no chance (unless you are within the partial refund time window)
2009-07-01 11:22 AM

Extreme Veteran
Cary, NC

Hey Chris--good to hear from you!!!

That's what I thought.  It's okay I guess--I paid the $200 or whatever it was so long ago, it's not so painful to make the decision now.

Who knows, maybe I'll decide to wing it, but I am pretty Type-A...  if I so a race, I want to race at my best.

It's funny, I didn't realize how much it was adding stress to my life (I had kept putting off really starting a training program) until last night, I realized (internally) I really didn't HAVE to do the race.  And suddenly it was like a weight lifted off of me.  I think that's a sign, that perhaps this isn't the best time to have such a serious committment on the books.

*sigh*

Take care!

2009-07-01 3:14 PM

User image

Champion
MA
Look on the website the refund policy is usually listed there and any deadlines that  might apply.

Sounds like life has taken a different turn and is fun in a different way!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bailing on IM Augusta... advice... Rss Feed