General Discussion Race Reports! » Ameriprise Financial South Florida Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Ameriprise Financial South Florida Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Coconut Creek, Florida
United States
Downtown Bicycles
89F / 32C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 09m
Overall Rank = 229/378
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 9/20
Pre-race routine:

Dinner last night was whole wheat pasta with grilled chicken and hommade marinara. Went to sleep at 10 already packed and ready to go first thing. I woke up a couple of times thinknig it was time to eat my breakfast and go back to sleep for an hour, but I woke up at 3...not 4..and then fell asleep til 5! So, I ate my clif bar right when I woke up.

Drove to the race site at 5:30 and got my transiton set up..I was center of the bike and run!

Event warmup:

Did a 5 min bike and then came back to do a 5 min rn. Did and bathroom run and then met up with friends from Boca Raton Triathletes. I walked to the swim start and did a quick out and back and then got in line for the start
Swim
  • 08m 48s
  • 400 yards
  • 02m 12s / 100 yards
Comments:

I really felt strong going out on the swim. I sighted really well and never got off course. There was a big patch of plant life on the north side of the lake and there were times it would get caught on my goggles..yuck! I heard someone got out of the lake with a bunch hanging off of them.
Swam right to the end and ran out!! RPE 6-7
What would you do differently?:

Just keep training more
Transition 1
  • 01m 8s
Comments:

I forgot to reset my computer and did it as i was running out T1. I got my shoes on fast and grabbed my helmet and ran to the mount line. I had a little trouble clipping in and should work on the flying mount but once I got going I was up to speed fairly quick!

Prctice mounting faster and clipping in faster..
Bike
  • 33m 28s
  • 10 miles
  • 17.93 mile/hr
Comments:

Started my ride at about an RPe of 8-9 but after catching my breath and settling in to a decent speed, I was able to bike at a comforatable RPe of 6-7. I really tried to just concentrate on my cadence rather than speed, and kept it above 90 the whole time.

Jsut keep training to get in better shape cardiovascularly
Transition 2
  • 00m 54s

about 300 yds from T2I took my feet out of the shoes and rode ontop. quickly dismounted and ran into Transition. Racked my bike and threw my shoes on...going sockless! I threw my visor on and grabbed my garmin and race blet adn started runniing out of T2. I started my garmin (which was already on) while running ou of T2 and then clipped on my race belt. i put the garmin on my wrist while running. I thought my T2 was awesome!!!
Run
  • 25m 29s
  • 2.5 miles
  • 10m 11s  min/mile
Comments:

I started out way too fast..my friends were cheering me on and I ha so much adreniline in me that I didn't notice that I was running 8:44 mm RPE 10! Yikes! I slowed down ,but I had already winded myself. i had to walk for a moment to catch my breath. i started runnig again at a better pace for me and was at about an RPE of 7-8...Wasn't paying attention and tripped over a root coming up through the ground and flew through the air onto the grass and pretty much slid into home. Got up and Dusted the dirt off but my toe got stubbed. Walkwed a moment adn started running again. I kept a decent pace for the rest of the run and only walked at one water station. Once i was over 2 miles, I picked my pace up a tad to sprint ot the finish.

not go out so hard and pace myself better
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around a bit, grabbed some water and gathered at the Boca raton triathletes tent. Ha a bi of fruit and more water.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Jsut follow my training plan and keep it up!

Event comments:

I like this race since it is close to home and its a very fast race!

Last updated: 2009-06-24 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:48 | 400 yards | 02m 12s / 100yards
Age Group: 5/20
Overall: 130/378
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: straight from one side of lake to the other
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 82F / 28C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:08
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:33:28 | 10 miles | 17.93 mile/hr
Age Group: 9/20
Overall: 246/378
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: 2 laps around tradwisnds park..decent amount of turns, throughout teh course
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 93
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:54
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Bad
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:25:29 | 02.5 miles | 10m 11s  min/mile
Age Group: 13/20
Overall: 275/378
Performance: Average
Course: Out around the lake and parking lot. Then back thruogh a trail in the woods nad then into the finish line
Keeping cool Good Drinking Too much
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-07-05 1:43 PM

User image

Expert
Boca Raton, FL
Subject: Ameriprise Financial South Florida Triathlon

2009-07-05 6:12 PM
in reply to: #2262847

User image

Regular
Port St. Lucie
Subject: RE: Ameriprise Financial South Florida Triathlon

I think it was me who came out of the water covered in seaweed! When I finally peeled out of my trisuit, it was all down inside my suit! I wondered why I was so itchy on the run!  Fun race anyway. See you at the Coca Cola Sprint.

2009-07-05 9:41 PM

User image

Master
I didn't get out covered in it, but I pulled off a huge cape of stuff just as I was getting out of the water.
It was a little distracting!
2009-07-06 4:24 PM
in reply to: #2263506

User image

Master
Boynton Beach, FL
Great job by you! Fun race once again and impressive group of Boca Triathletes out there. I witnessed your graceful slide into the grass by some coincidence and I thought you percevered very well! In fact, you picked it up pretty quickly after that because I did not see you until later around mile two. Your transition times rock and overall nice race. yes, those weeds in the race were interesting obstacles.
2009-07-06 8:39 PM

User image

Expert
Boca Raton, FL

Joe, it was great to see you at the race...awesme job on the race to you too.  I was cracking up over my spill..I definately have learned to fall gracefully..something I tend to do a lot!!  I really had  so much fun Saturday

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Ameriprise Financial South Florida Triathlon Rss Feed