of 2

2009-09-21 9:29 AM
in reply to: #2416853

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Vacation Sports issues

I agree with that sentiment and while I usually have a negative comment or two about any event that I do, I don't make a big deal of it - just pass my comments to the RD and move along.  My problem with the VS events was really basic stuff that actually "ruins" events, like running out of water on a hot day, using roads that are rough on the bike, not maintaining basic control of the T area, course distance questions, etc.  I think the VS events get incrementally better over time, but it's definitely different.  I can do my own swim/bike/run for free, if all I am looking for is an opportunity to swim/bike/run.  But if I am paying for the privilege, I expect some minimum comforts and some sort of accuracy with the course and timing.  That's all, and those have actually be lacking in most VS events I've done.

I will say that the food at the Oakdale Du (which isn't too bad, overall, for VS) is great.  That's one event I would recommend.  There's my nice comment for today.  And Randy is a good guy.  You should know that it's a family who does the music for him, fyi.

2009-09-21 1:01 PM
in reply to: #2312573

User image

Expert
Dodge County, MN (out in the corn)
Subject: RE: Vacation Sports issues
As athletes, we give our vote of confidence with our entry fees.  I choose to vote for other races put on by other organizations.  My choice.  I just wish there was a bit more choice on some weekends.  It's kind of tough to find an Oly in August.  Which is how I ended up doing St.Paul last year. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Vacation Sports issues Rss Feed  

of 2