General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Have I lost my mind to consider a HIM? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 81

2010-04-30 11:47 AM
in reply to: #2315925

User image

Expert
San Gabriel Valley, California
Subject: RE: Have I lost my mind to consider a HIM?
There were some good weight loss numbers posted this month.  Congratulations.  I too have had success with Weight Watchers, as long as I really do it.  However, I think it is less "Weight Watchers" and more the meticulous tracking of what you eat.  I am conscious of the Zone 40:30:30 (carbs:protein:healthful fat) ratio and try very hard to achieve that, while staying at 1,700 calories.  The Weight Watchers' formula is based on those three items (but not necessarily that ratio). 

My only problem with Weight Watchers (and I am still a member) is that they push their own products so much and it is all just processed food and chemicals galore.  Sure, it might be low calorie or low points, but is it really something that we ought to be consuming?

I had put on a couple pounds - no tracking - and so this week I went back to tracking and, voila, I am back to 133.  There is magic in the tracking.  Chuck thinks that the act of tracking must just burn a lot of calories.  Ha ha ha.  My goal is to be at 125 by IMAZ and then stay at 130 when not actively training for an IM. 

2010-04-30 3:06 PM

User image

Master
Chicago
My obnoxious pink bike is hereeeeeee.

I wanted to try and get it put together before the husband got home so I didn't have to bug him, but I got stuck on a few things.

I can't get the bolt loosened that rotates the handlebars (right now they are pointed at the floor) and I accidentally un-did the bolt that held the front break together and the kinda sprung open and I have no clue how to get that all back together...

Oh and there seems to be a missing screw that tightens the seat into place.

but other then no seat, no handlebars, and no breaks it's all set. Haha...

Ah well.

and yeah WW really is calorie counting in essence. I still have one of those 10 percent keychains laying around here somewhere. The thing I didn't like a about WW is they really don't encourage you to eat better overall. Sure you CAN (When they had core etc) but there's just too much wiggle room to fit in low-cal junk. Especially since you're going to be training so hard it's going to be important to eat back at least partial of those active points... and make the quality of what you eat as good as you can manage.
2010-04-30 11:36 PM

User image

Expert
San Gabriel Valley, California
Well, no seat, no handlebars, no brakes ...   Yeah, might be a problem.  But your hubby can help you and we can't wait to hear about how it rides and all the admiring looks you get.

I started the new thread.  Go post some messages and get it going.  Everyone needs to get the April numbers figured out and let me know.  I will update the spreadsheet on Monday.  Now I need to go and log today's training and figure out my own April numbers and see how much Kiri pulled ahead of me. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Have I lost my mind to consider a HIM? Rss Feed  

of 81