Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2010-01-11 10:57 AM
in reply to: #2605469

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
Subject: RE: Rules of the Gym
SWIM2LIVE - 2010-01-09 8:50 PM how come no one is mentioning the guys that spend endless moments soaping and stroking their members in the shower. At least soap the rest of your body so it's not so obvious what is going on.

How come no one is mentioning those guys that stare at you when you are soaping up in the shower. 

Actually I don't think that should have been red.

2010-01-11 1:33 PM
in reply to: #2606011

User image

Regular
Westborough, MA
SWIM2LIVE - 2010-01-09 9:50 PM how come no one is mentioning the guys that spend endless moments soaping and stroking their members in the shower. At least soap the rest of your body so it's not so obvious what is going on.

Opps, that was YOU? Sorry, dude.

Laughing

Seriously, though...

Afletcher - 2010-01-10 12:39 PM REALLY?  Guys do that in a "public" shower?

Um, not to my knowledge. And if a guy did that in my presence, violence upon him would ensue...
2010-01-11 2:15 PM
in reply to: #2605309

User image

Extreme Veteran
shenandoah valley
lisac957 - 2010-01-09 7:35 PM
laundryking - 2010-01-09 7:58 AM Another one that's got to go - - if you're in there with you child, don't let them run around naked either.  It's just creepy

Or let your child fish your camera out of your purse and start snapping photos in the locker room! Lady got kicked out for that one.

The kicker is she was supposed to be using the "family" locker room - they are made available for a reason! I have complaned more than once for a woman bringing an 8 or 10-year old male child in the Women's 18-and-older locker room.

8 year old boy in a women's locker room is just wrong.  Any age over 3 is wrong, use the family locker room.

My YMCA has a cordoned off area in the corner of the pool deck for changing of kids' bathing suits, I've never had to use it because I have a son.  The Y is going through renovations right now and it looks like they've created a large family bathroom/changing room next to the pool.  That will come in handy when my wife takes our son to the pool for lessons.

Edited by mrussell 2010-01-11 2:16 PM
2010-01-11 2:36 PM
in reply to: #2608045

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
mrussell - 2010-01-11 2:15 PM
lisac957 - 2010-01-09 7:35 PM
laundryking - 2010-01-09 7:58 AM Another one that's got to go - - if you're in there with you child, don't let them run around naked either.  It's just creepy

Or let your child fish your camera out of your purse and start snapping photos in the locker room! Lady got kicked out for that one.

The kicker is she was supposed to be using the "family" locker room - they are made available for a reason! I have complaned more than once for a woman bringing an 8 or 10-year old male child in the Women's 18-and-older locker room.

8 year old boy in a women's locker room is just wrong.  Any age over 3 is wrong, use the family locker room.

My YMCA has a cordoned off area in the corner of the pool deck for changing of kids' bathing suits, I've never had to use it because I have a son.  The Y is going through renovations right now and it looks like they've created a large family bathroom/changing room next to the pool.  That will come in handy when my wife takes our son to the pool for lessons.

I have a son too, but I'm not sure what my wife would do if she brought my son to the pool, since the family dressing rooms have no showers and you're supposed to shower before using the pool.  Do you just skip the shower for the kid at that point? 
2010-01-11 3:45 PM
in reply to: #2603094

Barkeep - 2010-01-08 11:29 AM Oh, can I add a couple more rules?

The gym isn't you're own person weight lifting circuit. If I don't see you using a specific piece of equipment I'm going to assume it's open for my use. Don't come over and kick me off saying that you were using it when I just saw you on another piece of equipment. Unless the gym is near empty you're not allowed to occupy multiple equipment at the same time.

When pulling into the parking lot, just park in the first parking spot you come across. Unless the weather is horrible, etc. stop driving around and waiting for a prime parking spot. You're at the gym, I assume you're their to workout, so walking a few extra feet isn't going to kill you.

I feel better now for getting that off my chest.
When pulling into the parking lot, just park in the first parking spot you come across. Unless the weather is horrible, etc. stop driving around and waiting for a prime parking spot. You're at the gym, I assume you're their to workout, so walking a few extra feet isn't going to kill you.

Yes and no.  When I lift, I prefer to do supersets as i'm not trying to bulk up and perform 1 set after the other.  Since my gym was set up in a manner that doesn't make sense, the different equipment can be far apart from one another.

That said, I'm only doing 3 sets of each exercise, and between 15-20 reps in each set with a minute rest in-between.  I won't be there for long, but just give me a minute or two to get finished - and don't be bitchy about it. 
2010-01-11 3:46 PM
in reply to: #2608100

User image

Expert
Thornton, CO
jmk-brooklyn - 2010-01-11 1:36 PM
I have a son too, but I'm not sure what my wife would do if she brought my son to the pool, since the family dressing rooms have no showers and you're supposed to shower before using the pool.  Do you just skip the shower for the kid at that point? 

I wish everyone would shower off before using the pool.  There's a shower in the pool area at my gym.  But it seems that I'm the only one that uses it before jumping in.  I'd really like it if I didn't see people coming out of the sauna and steam room and getting straight into the pool to cool off.

2010-01-11 4:11 PM
in reply to: #2608310

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, KS
stuy119 - 2010-01-11 3:45 PM
Barkeep - 2010-01-08 11:29 AM
The gym isn't you're own person weight lifting circuit. If I don't see you using a specific piece of equipment I'm going to assume it's open for my use. Don't come over and kick me off saying that you were using it when I just saw you on another piece of equipment. Unless the gym is near empty you're not allowed to occupy multiple equipment at the same time.

Yes and no.  When I lift, I prefer to do supersets as i'm not trying to bulk up and perform 1 set after the other.  Since my gym was set up in a manner that doesn't make sense, the different equipment can be far apart from one another.

That said, I'm only doing 3 sets of each exercise, and between 15-20 reps in each set with a minute rest in-between.  I won't be there for long, but just give me a minute or two to get finished - and don't be bitchy about it. 

I completely understand the people who do the super sets, or are bouncing back and forth between machines, and I'm happy to let people rotate in with me (or ask if I can hop on a machine in between their sets)

My frustration occurs when I've just slapped on some new weights, or have already done one set and then I get asked if I can get off once their completely done (not work in with them). Interestingly, it's the personal trainers at my gym that commit this more often than not.
2010-01-12 10:03 AM
in reply to: #2608372

Barkeep - 2010-01-11 4:11 PM
stuy119 - 2010-01-11 3:45 PM
Barkeep - 2010-01-08 11:29 AM

I completely understand the people who do the super sets, or are bouncing back and forth between machines, and I'm happy to let people rotate in with me (or ask if I can hop on a machine in between their sets)

My frustration occurs when I've just slapped on some new weights, or have already done one set and then I get asked if I can get off once their completely done (not work in with them). Interestingly, it's the personal trainers at my gym that commit this more often than not.

Trust me, it sucks for me too!

To minimize, I'll try to bring the barbells/dumbbells over to where I am and keep my equipment "compact."  Doesn't always work, especially with the meatheads who are too dumb to can't seem to figure out why you're not trying to look like Mr. Olympia.
2010-01-12 10:19 AM
in reply to: #2608372

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rules of the Gym Rss Feed  

of 4