General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pigman Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-01-08 4:41 PM

User image

Eastern Iowa
Subject: Pigman Triathlon : Official Thread
Anyone interested in putting a trainning group together for the 2010 Pigman Sprint in Palo, Iowa.  This is my first tri but I would love to hear from anyone interested.

2010-01-09 10:02 AM
in reply to: #2603922

User image

Cedar Rapids
Subject: RE: Pigman Triathlon : Official Thread
I would be interested if you got something together! Pigman will be either my first or second race. I may to do Siouxperman in Sioux City in May, since the swimming portion is a bit less intense than Palo and it seems like a good first race.

Where in Eastern Iowa are you? I'm in CR.

2010-01-11 11:09 AM

User image

Eastern Iowa

Great!  This is also my first trainning group so please feel free to make any suggestions or pitch your ideas.  I hope to find at least a couple more that are interested but I thought initialy we could work together on motivation and sharing any tips or tricks we have found in our trainning.

Once we get an actual group together I thought group runs, bike rides and maybe open water swims might interest everyone.

I am also located in CR.

2010-01-11 11:48 AM

User image

Davenport, IA
Have you guys checked out Midwest Extreme Tri?  I think they're headed up out of CR, and with the number of members they have, I would have to imagine that they are pretty active.
2010-01-11 7:34 PM

User image

Eastern Iowa
I did not but I will be sure to check it out, thanks!
2010-01-12 2:43 PM

i just registered for the sprint distance.  my first tri and would love a group to work with.  not sure what to expect in a race, so any advice and support is greatly appreciated.  i'm in central iowa, but willing to travel occasionally to train with others.  also, anyone know how to arrange for some open swim practices?

2010-01-13 2:13 PM

I would look into Midwest Extreme Triathlon (as mentioned above). I am a member and they always have something going on.

I know right now they have Sunday Cycling at the MAC which is great if you hate getting on the trainer (such as myself).

Prior to the race I am sure they will have swims in the lake, bike the course and then run the course as well.
2010-06-04 3:29 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
"the wave", iowa
best of luck at the piggy this weekend people!  have a great time and enjoy the race!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pigman Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed