General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fayetteville Area Tri-Warriors - New Tri Club! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-15 3:10 PM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina
Subject: Fayetteville Area Tri-Warriors - New Tri Club!
Fayetteville has a new Tri Club that was chartered in January; the Fayetteville Area Tri-Warriors!

The club is rapidly growing in membership with approximately 20 triathletes and soon-to-be triathletes.  We have all levels of experience represented from Ironman to never done one but want to!

We meet once a month at the HealthPlex and also post training opportunities for those who are interested.  We have already designed a team uniform and are in the beginning stages of website development.  Eventually we will have guest speakers and some classroom style instruction during meetings.

So if you are a triathlete or want to be a triathlete in the Fayetteville area, here is your chance to meet like-minded individuals for training, support, and friendship! 

Our next scheduled meeting is Wednesday, March 17, at 7:30 p.m. at the HealthPlex on Skibo Road beside Pep Boys.  You do not have to be a memeber of the HealthPlex to attend.  Just tell them at the desk that you are there for the Tri Club meeting.

So come on by and give us a Tri!!!
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Did that all sound too much like a commerical???

2010-03-15 5:29 PM
in reply to: #2727477

User image

Veteran
Raeford, North Carolina
Subject: RE: Fayetteville Area Tri-Warriors - New Tri Club!
Gonna "tri" to make it there...
2010-03-16 7:24 AM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina
Great!  The classroom is down the hall on the right as soon as you come in the front door (can't remember the room number).

Hope you can make it!

Maria
2010-03-16 12:12 PM

User image

Sounds pretty cool. Hopefully I can make it to the info session tomorrow.
2010-03-16 2:33 PM
in reply to: #2729163

User image

Expert
, North Carolina

This will be the third meeting of the group, so we're plugging along into the meat of things.

The charter/info meeting was in January.   Since then we've elected officers, adopted a constitution, chosen the team name,  started a website, and have been working on uniform designs and orders.  Also, the club is now registered with USAT, and we already have three sponsors. 

I imagine there will be further discussion about uniforms tomorrow night and then more discussion/brainstorming on ideas for proceeding as a team.  For instance, we'd like to invite guest speakers or even have the more advanced members do talks/presentations.  One member talked about doing a transition demo/clinic.  Personally, I would like to see something regarding bike maintenance.  Last week one of our members did an Injury Prevention Clinic.

I think we have the beginnings of a great group started and hope to see it grow!

2010-03-16 3:15 PM

User image

Veteran
Fayetteville, NC
Maria - instead of making you the secretary, we should have made you the PR person.  You are doing a great job advertising the club! Laughing

2010-03-17 3:49 AM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina
Well... I do work in Human Resources, so I know a thing or two about recruiting!  Laughing
2010-03-18 8:14 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hattiesburg
Go check with Hawley's to see if they'd be interested in sponsoring the team.  Talk to Sandy.

Ginger
2010-04-06 7:23 AM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina
The next monthly meeting has been scheduled for April 22nd, at 6:30 PM. This will be located in Classroom C of the HealthPlex. Please note the new start time and hope to see you there!  Here is a link to the meeting flyer.

Please visit the new website for news and updates!

http://www.fatriwarriors.com/

Laughing

Edited by maria40nc 2010-04-06 7:29 AM
2010-04-18 6:27 PM

User image

Regular
I am a member and enjoyed an open water swim at mott lake with the group today! ( I use the word "enjoyed" loosely)

Thanks for hanging back with me Maria.

Anyone use facebook? We should make a page. Maybe i will look into that. That would also be a great way to get more people! Whatcha think?
2010-04-19 10:48 AM
in reply to: #2799966

User image

Expert
, North Carolina

You did great!  Letting water inside your wetsuit really helps; as does starting out really slow until you feel comfortable.

I was grossed out for the rest of the day after having taken in a gulp of that NASTY water (blech)!

I'm on facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509043154&ref=profile

And yes, I do think it would be cool to have a Fayetteville Area Tri-Warrios Facebook page, but James has his hands full with getting the webpage up and running right now.  I'm not sure how to start a group on facebook, but it's worth checking into as we keep growing.

Don't forget to check the FATriWarriors website periodically for news and updates:

http://fatriwarriors.com/

2010-04-28 2:01 PM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina
Subject: Fayetteville Area Tri-Warriors
Fayetteville Triathletes,

Please take this survey conducted by the Fayetteville Metropolitan Planning Organization.

The Fayetteville Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (FAMPO), which serves parts of Cumberland, Harnett and Hoke Counties, is conducting a bicycle and pedestrian connectivity study. The purpose of the Bicycle/Pedestrian Connectivity Study is to help guide the growth of the region's walking and bicycling facilities.

The study is in the early phases and is focused on reviewing previous plans, understanding existing conditions, working with stakeholders and listening to public views on biking and walking in the region.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fayetteville Area Tri-Warriors - New Tri Club! Rss Feed