General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Black Bear Olympic Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2010-05-24 9:02 AM
in reply to: #2749252

User image

Expert
NW NJ
Subject: RE: Black Bear Olympic Triathlon : Official Thread
Well, my knee held out for the race, somehow, someway I woke up Sunday morning and it was absolutely fine, no pain, no tightness, nothing. I tried to test it out on Saturday morning with a quick 2 mile run, didn't even make it the 1st mile, I was in so much pain.  Amazing how injuries go away on race day.  Today however, is a different story. 

I will never trust mapmyrides elevation again!  My Garmin had the elevation gain at 1600, I'm not going to lie, that kicked my a$$!  Between those hills and having not run in over 2 weeks, I had nothing in left in my legs for the run.  I'm pretty sure I got Geezered by a guy with a 50 on his leg that looked a hell of a lot like Brad! I would have shouted out, but I was in too much pain, and you blew by me! Nice Work!

2010-05-24 11:06 AM
in reply to: #2877653

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs
jsiegs - 2010-05-24 9:38 AM
Oh, and damn! Fighting that chop on the return leg of the swim was not fun!  Luckily I found a draft and he blocked most of it and pulled me in quite nicely while I just coasted, it was awesome.

That was a b*tch! I managed to find a nice rhythm and got in between swells with my breathing. I did have to stop once to sight because I caught up with the yellow cap wave and couldn't tell the caps from the buoys in all that chop. I was shocked by my swim time. Does anyone think the course was short or did the "current" on the way out help that much? Can a lake really have a current?
2010-05-24 11:44 AM
in reply to: #2749252

User image

Master
Baltimore
Because I'm a nerd with to much time on my hands, I did a little data analysis this morning.  Basically the excel sheet gives your cumulative time after each portion of the race and your ranking at that point.  So you can see where you passed people and where people passed you.  There were one or 2 people missing swim or bike or T times, so I had to delete them to get it to work right.  So it might be a rank or 2 off (or if you're one of the people missing splits I got nothing for you), but should give a pretty good picture of your race.

ETA: Saved as a binary to keep the file size under 100k.  If that one doesn't work, I also did a CSV file, but it won't have the formulas and stuff if you want to play around with it too.

Edited by jsiegs 2010-05-24 11:53 AM

Attachments
----------------
Rank Breakdown CSV.csv (32KB - 77 downloads)
Rank Breakdown1.xlsb (89KB - 51 downloads)
2010-05-25 2:42 PM
in reply to: #2878277

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs
jsiegs - 2010-05-24 12:44 PM Because I'm a nerd with to much time on my hands, I did a little data analysis this morning.  Basically the excel sheet gives your cumulative time after each portion of the race and your ranking at that point.  So you can see where you passed people and where people passed you.  There were one or 2 people missing swim or bike or T times, so I had to delete them to get it to work right.  So it might be a rank or 2 off (or if you're one of the people missing splits I got nothing for you), but should give a pretty good picture of your race.

ETA: Saved as a binary to keep the file size under 100k.  If that one doesn't work, I also did a CSV file, but it won't have the formulas and stuff if you want to play around with it too.

Cool stuff, thanks!!

Any reason there is not column for total cumulative time? I made one, just wondering why you didn't include that.
2010-05-25 3:08 PM
in reply to: #2881328

User image

Master
Baltimore
mrbbrad - 2010-05-25 3:42 PM
jsiegs - 2010-05-24 12:44 PM Because I'm a nerd with to much time on my hands, I did a little data analysis this morning.  Basically the excel sheet gives your cumulative time after each portion of the race and your ranking at that point.  So you can see where you passed people and where people passed you.  There were one or 2 people missing swim or bike or T times, so I had to delete them to get it to work right.  So it might be a rank or 2 off (or if you're one of the people missing splits I got nothing for you), but should give a pretty good picture of your race.

Cool stuff, thanks!!

Any reason there is not column for total cumulative time? I made one, just wondering why you didn't include that.

No prob.  I noticed it was crazy how many places were swapped (gained or lost) in T1.  T2 was much less though.  If you want some sweet visuals, graph yourself on a line to show your race as a graph.  Then add everyone who finished near you and see how they ranked as they went through the race compared to you.  Its neat to see the different strengths/weaknesses of everyone else too.

I was only using the cumulative time to do the ranks, so since I already knew the final ranks, I didn't need it.
2010-05-25 3:23 PM
in reply to: #2881439

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs
jsiegs - 2010-05-25 4:08 PM

Cool stuff, thanks!!

No prob.  I noticed it was crazy how many places were swapped (gained or lost) in T1.  T2 was much less though.  If you want some sweet visuals, graph yourself on a line to show your race as a graph.  Then add everyone who finished near you and see how they ranked as they went through the race compared to you.  Its neat to see the different strengths/weaknesses of everyone else too.

I was only using the cumulative time to do the ranks, so since I already knew the final ranks, I didn't need it.

You are a nerd!

2010-05-26 9:24 AM
in reply to: #2881505

User image

Expert
NW NJ
mrbbrad - 2010-05-25 4:23 PM
jsiegs - 2010-05-25 4:08 PM

Cool stuff, thanks!!

You are a nerd!

Apparently a FAST Nerd!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Black Bear Olympic Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 5