Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2010-05-19 1:55 PM
in reply to: #2868697

User image

Pro
Texas
Subject: RE: Lost 5/18 (Spoilers)
Bripod - 2010-05-19 1:01 PM Has Kate talked to Flocke? I know they had an exchange when Claire went all ape---- and tried to stab her, but did she actually say anything to him?

It doesn't matter if she spoke to him, it matters if he's spoken to her...and he has.

2010-05-19 2:05 PM
in reply to: #2868889

User image

Pro
Husker Nation
JBrashear - 2010-05-19 1:55 PM

Bripod - 2010-05-19 1:01 PM Has Kate talked to Flocke? I know they had an exchange when Claire went all ape---- and tried to stab her, but did she actually say anything to him?

It doesn't matter if she spoke to him, it matters if he's spoken to her...and he has.

I was referring primarily to this point Renee was making:

Notice granola-girl's death scene; Ben learned that there is something about not speaking to MIB. Although, I don't know who is left that has not already spoken to MIB so I'm not sure how valuable this tidbit is.

ETA: Miles! I don't think Miles has spoken to MIB. And he's still alive. Looking forward to seeing what role Miles will play in the finale.

If you remember, he asked Granola Girl what her name was, or who might you be, or something of that nature. Though she did begin respond to him so I suppose there's probably nothing to it. Can't wait for the finale.
2010-05-19 2:35 PM

Master
Bripod - 2010-05-19 1:01 PM

Has Kate talked to Flocke? I know they had an exchange when Claire went all ape---- and tried to stab her, but did she actually say anything to him? I can't recall exactly and I can't remember any other times when they would have chatted.

Also, trying to figure out how Shannon plays into all of this. Didn't they say they brought her in for some filming? Perhaps she learned the cello and she'll be performing at the concert, Sayid will see her and re-fall in love. I can't remember what Boone told Locke that she was up to in the first episode this season.

Another wrinkle - so you know how women weren't able to have children on the island, presumably only after the explosion? And then Jacob throws out "You're no longer a candidate because you became a mother." Strange coincidence or is there something there?

Maggie Grace who played Shannon did return and shoot her scenes. In the season premiere Boone went to Australia to get Shannon back from a boyfriend but she stayed. In the first season, Boone payed off the guy who was abusive to her even though she wanted to stay with him.

I'm assuming that most people will be at the concert. If the rumors being that Juliet is Jack's ex-wife, we'll probably see her meeting Sawyer. Charlotte will run into Daniel...and Claire will run into Charlie.

BTW...where the heck is Vincent! Last night when Ben, Miles and Richard hear rummaging in the house, I thought we'd see Vincent going through the trash or something.

2010-05-19 2:39 PM

User image

Master
Winder, GA
Bripod - 2010-05-19 2:01 PM  Another wrinkle - so you know how women weren't able to have children on the island, presumably only after the explosion? And then Jacob throws out "You're no longer a candidate because you became a mother." Strange coincidence or is there something there?

I was thinking she was crossed off when she became a mother because she had a connection to and was responsible for someone. Jacob said all the candidates were alone and searching for something in their lives that they couldn't find. Kate "found" Aaron and was caring for him as his mother. I'd guess her status changed when she came back to the island and left Aaron in the care of his biological grandmother.

I thought it was a good episode - also can't believe there's only one left! I LOVE this show! At least my other favorite, FRINGE, is still on the air.
2010-05-19 2:49 PM
in reply to: #2869041

User image

Champion
Menomonee Falls, WI
autigers_1998 - 2010-05-19 2:39 PM

Bripod - 2010-05-19 2:01 PM  Another wrinkle - so you know how women weren't able to have children on the island, presumably only after the explosion? And then Jacob throws out "You're no longer a candidate because you became a mother." Strange coincidence or is there something there?

I was thinking she was crossed off when she became a mother because she had a connection to and was responsible for someone. Jacob said all the candidates were alone and searching for something in their lives that they couldn't find. Kate "found" Aaron and was caring for him as his mother. I'd guess her status changed when she came back to the island and left Aaron in the care of his biological grandmother.

Shouldn't this also apply to Jack then? Or is being a mother somehow different than being a father?

2010-05-19 2:51 PM
in reply to: #2869067

User image

Pro
Husker Nation
scoobysdad - 2010-05-19 2:49 PM

Shouldn't this also apply to Jack then? Or is being a mother somehow different than being a father?

Perhaps it's a personal bias of Jacob's, having been raised by someone who wasn't his own mother, rather than strictly biological.

2010-05-19 2:53 PM
in reply to: #2869030

User image

Champion
Menomonee Falls, WI
nighthawk - 2010-05-19 2:35 PM

BTW...where the heck is Vincent! Last night when Ben, Miles and Richard hear rummaging in the house, I thought we'd see Vincent going through the trash or something.

Vincent dug up Paolo's arm and was playing keep away from Smokey.

Did you miss that scene?

2010-05-19 2:57 PM
in reply to: #2869067

User image

Pro
Texas

Considering Jack wasn't really doing much parenting of Aaron(relative to Kate), I'm not sure he really counted as a father.
2010-05-19 3:00 PM
in reply to: #2869094

User image

Extreme Veteran
Albuquerque
JBrashear - 2010-05-19 12:57 PM

Considering Jack wasn't really doing much parenting of Aaron(relative to Kate), I'm not sure he really counted as a father.

x2.  Jack didn't have any children (biological or not) in the original timeline.  In the Sideways timeline, yes, he has David... but that does not factor into Jacob's reasoning as the island timeline is still linked to the original story.  And Jin was still on the list because he had yet to meet his daughter, he had no real tie to her while he was still on the island, as he didn't know if he would ever meet her at all.
2010-05-19 3:04 PM
in reply to: #2867215

User image

Extreme Veteran
Albuquerque

I don't really understand why people are so excited about Shannon coming back for a very small part of the last episode.  So what?  A lot of the old characters are coming back for the finale.  Shannon was never a very big part of the show's main storyline, and probably still isn't.  She's merely another link between the Sideways timeline and the original timeline, but that's as far as I see it going.  In the realm of important things I want to see and/or want answered in the series finale of Lost, Shannon isn't even on my list.  I think people have made a bigger deal out of her coming back than necessary.

2010-05-19 3:16 PM
in reply to: #2869117

User image

Pro
Husker Nation
megtrow - 2010-05-19 3:04 PM

I don't really understand why people are so excited about Shannon coming back for a very small part of the last episode.  So what?  A lot of the old characters are coming back for the finale.  Shannon was never a very big part of the show's main storyline, and probably still isn't.  She's merely another link between the Sideways timeline and the original timeline, but that's as far as I see it going.  In the realm of important things I want to see and/or want answered in the series finale of Lost, Shannon isn't even on my list.  I think people have made a bigger deal out of her coming back than necessary.

I was just trying to figure out where they were going with her character since it was mentioned at the beginning of the season and we haven't seen her in any of the episodes so far. Just like everyone is curious about different aspects of the show. But thanks for sharing your thoughts and where you're at regarding unanswered questions for you.

Hey, while we're on the topic of people making bigger deals than necessary... ;-)

2010-05-19 3:24 PM
in reply to: #2869159

User image

Extreme Veteran
Albuquerque
Bripod - 2010-05-19 1:16 PM

I was just trying to figure out where they were going with her character since it was mentioned at the beginning of the season and we haven't seen her in any of the episodes so far. Just like everyone is curious about different aspects of the show. But thanks for sharing your thoughts and where you're at regarding unanswered questions for you. Hey, while we're on the topic of people making bigger deals than necessary... ;-)

Ha!  Sorry, I wasn't aiming that comment towards anybody in particular.  I've just been reading people's comments all season long from both this board and from other blogs/threads I read online, and it's just one of those things I think is funny that people have taken so seriously.  As if, simply because the producers made a point of telling everybody that Maggie Grace would be back on the show at some point, it was going to be an important game-changing thing to the story.  Maybe it was another ploy of the producers to simply throw off some of the theories people were having all season about the way things end, who knows.
2010-05-19 3:27 PM
in reply to: #2869185

User image

Pro
Husker Nation
megtrow - 2010-05-19 3:24 PM

Ha!  Sorry, I wasn't aiming that comment towards anybody in particular.  I've just been reading people's comments all season long from both this board and from other blogs/threads I read online, and it's just one of those things I think is funny that people have taken so seriously.  As if, simply because the producers made a point of telling everybody that Maggie Grace would be back on the show at some point, it was going to be an important game-changing thing to the story.  Maybe it was another ploy of the producers to simply throw off some of the theories people were having all season about the way things end, who knows.

If I could jump on your side real quick though I have to agree - I never thought she was an integral part of the show and the announcement that she would be back on this season made me go "meh".
2010-05-19 4:54 PM
in reply to: #2869198

Master
Bripod - 2010-05-19 3:27 PM

megtrow - 2010-05-19 3:24 PM

If I could jump on your side real quick though I have to agree - I never thought she was an integral part of the show and the announcement that she would be back on this season made me go "meh".

I wasn't a big fan of Shannon...great eye candy though.

Since we probably only have one more Lost post (Sunday night)...what are everyone's favorite moments?

I have to say, my favorite moment was the season 3 finale. Here we see Jack boozing it up, popping pills, attempt suicide and we are thinking this is just a typical episode of Jack going down hill. Lo and behold...they got off the Island. I remember I was on my bike trainer that night and almost fell off I was so shocked.

Other moments that stick in my head-
Death of Boone - changed everything of how the show was going to be perceived by killing off a regular and well liked cast member in the first season.

Any moment of Locke and Jack, Locke and Ben.

Sawyer killing Locke's father and the man that conned his folks.

Death of Charlie

Desmond talking to Penny on the phone in 'The Constant'

Introduction of Benjamin Linus - one of the greatest characters in television history.

Keame killing Alex - Can't get over the look on Ben's face

Richard talking to his wife through Hurley

Sayid breaking that guys neck on the beach.

Any scene that included Rose and Bernard
2010-05-19 4:57 PM
in reply to: #2869417

User image

Champion
Menomonee Falls, WI
Favorite moments?

Every name that Sawyer came up with for another character. Best part of the show for me.
2010-05-19 7:55 PM

User image

Elite
Hendersonville
Well, I have a different perspective in that I just started watching Lost last month and watched all 6 seasons in about 4 weeks. I basically "lost" a month of my life to that show! You notice things when you watch all the episodes so close together, like how frequently you hear certain things:
1. baby crying
2. guns loading
3. Sawyer saying "Son of a b*tch
4. Punches and the "oof" that comes when someone hits the ground
5. Any time someone is hurt, whether it's from a paper cut or a fatal injury, someone always yells "Get some water!".

All of those familiar sounds are my favorite moments because they make me laugh.

2010-05-19 8:30 PM
in reply to: #2869117

User image

Pro
Texas

It's probably because her storyline was one of the great interrupted storylines of all: her budding romance w/ Sayid.  A lot of people wanted to see that continue & were shocked when she was killed, so they were hoping she would play a larger role in the Sideways world.
2010-05-20 6:08 AM
in reply to: #2867401

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL
JBrashear - 2010-05-19 12:02 AM I'm making the call: Locke's surgery is a success & allows FLocke to escape to the Sideways World, which destroys the Island World.  That's how I think this ends.

Not enough time.  The concert (Driveshaft is playing with an orchestra which includes David) where presumably everyone in sideways world is going to meet up is that night.  I'm not sure they could work in a surgery and a recovery in the time they have left.

Time seems to be flowing the same in the real and alt universe.  The ending seems to be coming within the next "day" or so.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet but this is a great fan made video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mBveRjf2hU
2010-05-20 6:58 AM
in reply to: #2869697

User image

Champion
Bellingham, Washington
Tri Take Me Away - 2010-05-19 5:55 PM Well, I have a different perspective in that I just started watching Lost last month and watched all 6 seasons in about 4 weeks. I basically "lost" a month of my life to that show! You notice things when you watch all the episodes so close together, like how frequently you hear certain things:
1. baby crying
2. guns loading
5. Any time someone is hurt, whether it's from a paper cut or a fatal injury, someone always yells "Get some water!".

All of those familiar sounds are my favorite moments because they make me laugh.

This would be an interesting thing to do this summer or maybe during the winter.  Lock the doors and watch all the shows back to back.....

Where the heck is Vincent? 
2010-05-20 7:46 AM
in reply to: #2870194

User image

Champion
SoCal
BellinghamSpence - 2010-05-20 4:58 AM
Tri Take Me Away - 2010-05-19 5:55 PM Well, I have a different perspective in that I just started watching Lost last month and watched all 6 seasons in about 4 weeks. I basically "lost" a month of my life to that show! You notice things when you watch all the episodes so close together, like how frequently you hear certain things:
1. baby crying
2. guns loading

This would be an interesting thing to do this summer or maybe during the winter.  Lock the doors and watch all the shows back to back.....

Where the heck is Vincent? 

and take a drink every time Sawyer says "Son of a b*tch
2010-05-20 8:08 AM
in reply to: #2870194

User image

Champion
Menomonee Falls, WI
BellinghamSpence - 2010-05-20 6:58 AM

1. baby crying
2. guns loading

Not if the finale doesn't tie up the loose ends sufficiently and answer enough questions.

Then every show of every season was just a useless you-know-what tease.

2010-05-20 8:32 AM
in reply to: #2869185

User image

Extreme Veteran
Western MA

megtrow - 2010-05-19 4:24 PM
Bripod - 2010-05-19 1:16 PM

I've actually been thinking this myself.  There are many unfinished story lines that drive me crazy about this series - most particularly Echo and Walt.  Why were they so different from everyone else?  It seems like the writers have made "false trails" all over the place, much like what Kate was so good at finding in the jungle.

2010-05-20 8:34 AM
in reply to: #2869697

User image

Extreme Veteran
Western MA

Tri Take Me Away - 2010-05-19 8:55 PM Well, I have a different perspective in that I just started watching Lost last month and watched all 6 seasons in about 4 weeks. I basically "lost" a month of my life to that show! You notice things when you watch all the episodes so close together, like how frequently you hear certain things:
1. baby crying
2. guns loading

#6 "Get Jack!"  It almost became his name....

2010-05-20 8:59 AM
in reply to: #2870111

User image

Pro
Texas
TriRSquared - 2010-05-20 6:08 AM
JBrashear - 2010-05-19 12:02 AM I'm making the call: Locke's surgery is a success & allows FLocke to escape to the Sideways World, which destroys the Island World.  That's how I think this ends.

Not enough time.  The concert (Driveshaft is playing with an orchestra which includes David) where presumably everyone in sideways world is going to meet up is that night.  I'm not sure they could work in a surgery and a recovery in the time they have left.

Time seems to be flowing the same in the real and alt universe.  The ending seems to be coming within the next "day" or so.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet but this is a great fan made video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mBveRjf2hU

Yea, because this show's always played within the rules of time. Tongue out
2010-05-20 9:14 AM

Master

Favorites? 

The pilot episode is still my favorite episode, by far. 

And the season finale episode when we found out that they made it off the island.  THAT was a great way to end the season.  Total cliff hanger!

And anytime Sawyer has his shirt off...

Edited by hamiltks10 2010-05-20 9:15 AM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Lost 5/18 (Spoilers) Rss Feed  

of 3