General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PLEASE DON'T PUT TOUR RESULTS IN THE TITLE Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2005-07-03 12:01 PM

User image

Got Wahoo?
San Antonio
Subject: PLEASE DON'T PUT TOUR RESULTS IN THE TITLE
I would have liked to watch the tour this afternoon without knowing who beat who.

2005-07-03 12:04 PM
in reply to: #189255

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2005-07-03 12:11 PM

Champion
Ottawa, Ontario
Subject: RE: PLEASE DON'T PUT TOUR RESULTS IN THE TITLE
Not just the title.  Someone already posted today's winner a thread, which was purportedly discussing Lance's performance in the TT.  No matter what, there will always be some jack*ss who will spoil it for the rest of us ... out of sheer spite.

Edited by Machiavelo 2005-07-03 12:13 PM
2005-07-03 12:24 PM
in reply to: #189260

Houston, Texas
Machiavelo - 2005-07-03 11:11 AM

Not just the title.  Someone already posted today's winner a thread, which was purportedly discussing Lance's performance in the TT.  No matter what, there will always be some jack*ss who will spoil it for the rest of us ... out of sheer spite.

if your refering to my post, i entitled it 'Day One of the Tour' it was intended to be a place to discuss the results of day one, since i posted it after the reslts were in. if you opened it thinking there would be anyhting other than a discusion of 'results' since the results had already taken palce that does not make me a 'jackass' but you a moron. i did not include the results in the title so it would give people the option of thinking before clicking, perhaps you should work on that.

Edited by swimzor 2005-07-03 12:25 PM
2005-07-03 12:24 PM
in reply to: #189260

Elite
San Diego
I don't get it. If you wanted to know the results of the race why would you come to BT to find it? If you just want to discuss how great the race was, fine. Just don't put the results in the title.
2005-07-03 5:14 PM
in reply to: #189264

Expert
Coeur D'alene, ID

swimzor - if your refering to my post, i entitled it 'Day One of the Tour' it was intended to be a place to discuss the results of day one, since i posted it after the reslts were in. if you opened it thinking there would be anyhting other than a discusion of 'results' since the results had already taken palce that does not make me a 'jackass' but you a moron. i did not include the results in the title so it would give people the option of thinking before clicking, perhaps you should work on that.

Geez dude, take a pill and relax.  He didn't say YOU had posted today's results.  Obviously he was referring to the person who hijacked your thread, not you.  Where's the common courtesy around here?   

2005-07-03 7:08 PM
in reply to: #189393

Houston, Texas
First of all the rudeness on my part was a response to being attacked through someone else’s carelessness. Being called a “spiteful jackass” out of someone else’s obvious frustration is not warranted or polite, perhaps they should ‘take a pill’ as you say. They clicked on my thread that was entitled “Day 1 of the Tour” which was posted a couple hours after the results were broadcast on OLN and got mad to read the results of the TT. If someone does not want to read about the Tour de France results, the please do not go to an online discussion based forum after the race has already taken place and then click on a thread that is clearly titled “Day 1 of the Tour.”

I understand the frustration some have had over the results being posted in the subject line of a new thread and I agree that including that lacks a basic level of courtesy, that’s not giving someone the option of watching for themselves to find out the outcome. I did not post it that way. I did however include the results of the day’s race inside my thread, since as I previously stated, it was intended to be a discussion of just that. My thread was not hijacked by someone wanting to spoil the tour for anyone. You must not have read the thread I posted I’m assuming since your post didn’t seem to make sense contextually. 'Common courtesy' would be for you to read the threads before posting on them in a defensive manner.

Now if I misunderstood some of this I do apologize, and my intention was not to stir anything up but to respond to the person who had accused me of contributing to ruining part of his, and perhaps others, experience of the tour. It was never my intention to do so.

Edited by swimzor 2005-07-03 7:10 PM
2005-07-03 7:20 PM

Champion

kiss, hug, makeup, i dont care what you do, just be freinds.

please.

little mistakes, let the past stay in the past...lots of tour to come and i think (hope) everyone is on the same page now regarding posting etiquette.

New Thread
CLOSED
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PLEASE DON'T PUT TOUR RESULTS IN THE TITLE Rss Feed