HFP Racing
70F / 21C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 37m 58s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = M3539
Age Group Rank = 12/22
Pre-race routine:

ate a PBJ, drank some soy milk, ate an apple and also ate some ibuprofen and acetaminophen cause I still had a fever and had a headache.

this was the Manly Man Charity Challenge so it didnt take me long to get into my racing uniform - a sparkly pink speedo
Event warmup:

Hanging around. Race delayed 30ish minutes because of super heavy rain and lightning
Swim
  • 29m 27s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 48s / 100 yards
Comments:

I havent been swimming much. I also was swimming in a bikini with little buoyancy (it was so tight I could have farted and it would have been a nice floation device). Did alright I guess. It was pretty windy after the storm moved through which caused a fairly high chop. It was difficult to breathe sometimes.
What would you do differently?:

I need more than an average of 40 minutes a week in the pool. A wetsuit would have knocked a minute or two off.
Transition 1
  • 01m 11s
Comments:

with little to wear transition was a snap....except for that giant rainstorm which soaked everything. I also had to spend extra time with a second sun screen application to the many exposed areas
Bike
  • 1h 19m 5s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 18.85 mile/hr
Comments:

This result was a complete suprise. Whenever I looked down I was 20+ except for that one stretch into the wind in which I was still pushing 16-17 and climbing the hills. I felt like I did the best of all three legs on the bike - guess not. The uniform actually functioned as well or better than my regular tri shorts. I had no issues with creases or seams being in the wrong space.

I am not sure - I guees bike more

I did notice two people (one on my way in and one on my way out) totally skip the turn in/turn around for the bike - not cool man, not cool
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Unknown - It must have gotten thrown into either run or bike.

once again a benefit of the uniform is a speedy transition

I ran sockless (as I rode sockless). The only difference is that my shoes were soaking wet. My feet and toes rub differently in wet shoes as my three blisters can attest to.
Run
  • 48m 15s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 46s  min/mile
Comments:

The run was OK. I stopped at the turn around to try to stretch a twitchy hamstring and quad (opposite legs - how nice of me) but they didnt like that idea. The run back was trying to find the point just below where they would spasm. not real enjoyable. the wind was not pleasant as well.

not much
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

As of today (monday after the race making this 7 days) I am still fighting head congestion bad enough to give me a headache and a low grade fever. My physician recommended a trial of zithromax but that hasnt alleviated any symptoms. I am afraid I just have some sort of lingering cold virus.I havent felt "strong" in as long. I can workout but nothing has any zip. I will go faster than this

Event comments:

I like the course (except when it rains or is windy :) )

Cons: Stupid bike - I fear I shall never be a competent biker, the rainstorm and resultant winds, no chow left over by the time I wandered down to the food shack.

Pros: Set a personal course record, raised over 1300$ to help diabled children ride modified bikes, raced in a sparkly pink speedo (without any injuries to my man bits - I was fearing the worst and I can assure everyone that was worried that Frank and the Beans are OK). The run time was pretty good considering the wind and being sick.

I felt like I "did" this event rather than "raced" it. Hoepfully the health and the training will come together at some later race. I will accomplish my goals for the year - just not today I guess.

Last updated: 2010-01-17 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:29:27 | 1640 yards | 01m 48s / 100yards
Age Group: 15/22
Overall: 22/
Performance: Average
Suit: Pink Shimmer Speedo
Course: football shape x 2
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 70F / 21C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Below average Drafting:
Waves: Below average Navigation: Average
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 01:11
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
01:19:05 | 24.85 miles | 18.85 mile/hr
Age Group: 16/22
Performance: Below average
Wind: Strong
Course: kinda a rectangle
Road: Smooth Wet Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Average Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:48:15 | 06.21 miles | 07m 46s  min/mile
Age Group: 9/22
Course: out and back across the earthen dam and on the road
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-06-07 1:40 PM

User image

Expert
Alpharetta (until we find a home)
Subject: Deer Creek Triathlon - Olympic

2010-06-07 10:34 PM
in reply to: #2905817

User image

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Subject: RE: Deer Creek Triathlon - Olympic
Good race (especially for being sick) and entertaining RR. I also saw a guy skip the road into the turn around point. Hopefully it was the same guy I saw later in the bike course with a flat.
2010-06-08 2:41 PM
in reply to: #2905817

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ohio
Subject: RE: Deer Creek Triathlon - Olympic
Nice job Bananatoes, pink sparkly speedo, head cold and all!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Deer Creek Triathlon - Olympic Rss Feed