View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Janesville, Wisconsin
United States
Total Time = 1h 16m 4s
Overall Rank = 18/99
Age Group = M20-24
Age Group Rank = 1/6
Pre-race routine:

woke up, drove down to janesville. got my spot set up and took the bike for a spin to make sure all was good. then walked around and helped out get set up and get ready. talked to some janesvillians and then got ready with my transition area.

got to set up right next to lauren jensen. very fun talking to her and getting prepared. she was all frazzled cuz she was late and they were making her be the first swimmer. pretty funny that she was frazzled as she dominated the womens field.
Swim
  • 10m 20s
  • 750 yards
  • 01m 23s / 100 yards
Comments:

good swim. was surprised how nice the water actually was in the river. the swim was a straight line from one end to the other. the current really helped with speed obviously. got someones feet in front of me that was a little faster than i was and that helped too.
What would you do differently?:

practice. maybe swim once or twice!
Transition 1
  • 02m 4s
Comments:

first trans of the year. not bad. it was a long run where i was set up from the swim exit to the bike enter. bad for t1 but good for t2. so over all not bad given the running i had to do. suit came off good, and all was good given first one.
Bike
  • 40m 55s
  • 14 miles
  • 20.53 mile/hr
Comments:

good bike course. not for the easy riders. there were some good hills on the way out. felt like a held back a little because i didnt know how my legs would be for the run since i havent been running much at all and 1 brick for the year. and i knew the run wasnt easy. i felt like i could have given more on the bike but thats alright. hammered the hills and tried to get the hr down on the downhills and straight aways. happy with the bike, great course.
Transition 2
  • 00m 53s
Comments:

very good t2. came in, dropped off, switched shoes, and grabbed watch and belt and took off. very happy with this one. all went really smooth.
Run
  • 21m 54s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 07m 04s  min/mile
Comments:

very, very, happy with the run. there was some good hills too. got to run through the farmers market which was really cool. legs felt good and had that extra step in my leg from the feeling of competing again. i wanted to sub 7 but give the hills, i am really really happy with the pace i got. given that i havent trained much expcept for the bike, i am more than happy with this run,
Post race
Event comments:

Awesome, awesome race. For their first tri, they did an awesome job at putting this one. more than enough volunteers, more than enough police on the route, great job wth the course design. very safe swim. cant wait for next year, its only going to get bigger and better.

felt awesome to race again. the knee realy did good and now i think i am going to start getting back on a routing with the running i think the knee is good enough to go now.

Last updated: 2010-06-29 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:20 | 750 yards | 01m 23s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/6
Overall: 0/99
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:04
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:40:55 | 14 miles | 20.53 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:53
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:21:54 | 03.1 miles | 07m 04s  min/mile
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2010-07-05 6:03 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Janesville Rock, Roll & Run

2010-07-08 4:48 PM
in reply to: #2962138

User image

Expert
NW Suburbs, Illinois
Subject: RE: Janesville Rock, Roll & Run
Great, great job, my man!

Especially, when you consider the knee and how little you have been running.  And I won't even mention the couple extra lbs  

Awesome stuff.

BTW, you were in transition next to LJ and you didn't give her some smack talk for me.  You could have easily mentioned how I finally outdueled her at PP.  Oh yeah, she knows who I am
2010-07-09 11:04 AM
in reply to: #2962138

User image

Elite
West Allis, WI
Subject: RE: Janesville Rock, Roll & Run
Great Job out there! And with such little training! I wish...well maybe not I actually enjoy the training! Glad the knee is doing good! Lauren is great hey? Probably one of the nicest peeps out there!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Janesville Rock, Roll & Run Rss Feed