Oakville, Ontario
Canada
Precipitation
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 268/1219
Age Group = W25-29
Age Group Rank = 9/78
Pre-race routine:

Debated about what the heck to wear because the weather was really crappy. Decided to go with the running skirt and bring warmer clothes to change into. Ate breakfast and we drove to the race site.
Event warmup:

None. We huddled inside for as long as possible. Did I mention that the weather was terrible?
Run
  • 50m 5s
  • 10 kms
  • 05m 01s  min/km
Comments:

I was hoping to break through my 50-minute time from last year. Started out with my running buddy H. We kept a good clip getting past the 5k in under 25 so things were going well. For me this is pretty close to redlining. We were in the last few k's and the weather was pretty miserable. I took a quick cup of water at the aid station and i started to hyperventilate. Not sure what happened but it freaked me out enough to stop a sec, once I was sure I was okay I made my running buddy leave me so she could finish her race! I took the last two k's a little slower. Once I felt better i picked it up as much as possible and came in 50:05. Three seconds better than last year. I was hoping to be a bit faster but it was a three second PB over last year!
What would you do differently?:

I am not sure, maybe i should have taken some water earlier to have my body better ready for it. At such a hard effort and the cold water I am sure that was a big factor.
Post race
Warm down:

Not too much. Catch up with H, wait for D. And then huddle back indoors - the weather was really miserable!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not enough speed sessions but overall it wasn't a bad effort

Event comments:

Very cool run. Nice medal, shirt and then there's the raffles at the end. Really can't beat it!

Last updated: 2010-01-23 12:00 AM
Running
00:50:05 | 10 kms | 05m 01s  min/km
Age Group: 0/78
Overall: 0/1219
Performance: Good
Course: A rectangular course. Very flat, some minor inclines/declines.
Keeping cool Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?