General Discussion Race Reports! » Trooper Brinkerhoff Memorial Spring Series Race #1 (Johnny Cake Lane) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Trooper Brinkerhoff Memorial Spring Series Race #1 (Johnny Cake Lane) - Cycle

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Coxsackie, New York
United States
cbrc
36F / 2C
Overcast
Total Time = 57m 28s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Difficulty sleeping - woke a million times, and from 4 something on was awake, so at 5 got up and made coffee, a smootie to drink in the car and rechecked that I had everything. At 6 went and got car, loaded up got the dog and then Meg and Danielle arrived, we loaded up, got coffee and hit the road to drive to Coxsackie. I still wonder if the virus was named after the town or the town after the virus.....Got there 2 hours before race time which gave us time to change, and complain about it being cold. Found out that the boys were pulled over to get ticketed and JJ was being arrested, Steph and Sara missed the exit, and PW forgot his shoes. Really.
Event warmup:

One easy loop of the course where we found out how frigging windy it was. wow.
Bike
  • 57m 28s
  • 18 miles
  • 18.79 mile/hr
Comments:

Women, men and juniors all mixed together which was weird - stayed with the men for the first leg of the first loop and they were hammering. caught up with some juniors and passed them, Danielle was up with me and then saw PW up ahead - so decided to go catch him so he could block the wind heh heh - caught up and then since he was going slower decided to go ahead. DK and I went off and took turns pulling - the juniors were on our wheels which was annoying as they would try to squeeze us out from each other. Got dropped on the steep incline but caught back on and tried to give DK some rest in loop 2 through the winds. On the hill got dropped again and this time could not bridge the gap but kept them in sight, and occasionally would try again to bridge - but never quite got there. A group from the A racers came by in a nice double rotating pace line, and it was temptimg to jump in, but I was not sure it was legal - I figured I could use them to get to DK to give her a rest and set her up to sprint but my conscience took over, and I did not. Rode the rest out - the finish had a left turn, but no one told me to turn until I was almost past it - so when I went to turn I did not quite make it - went off the road into the mud - unclipped climbed out and rode it in. Grass everywhere and wet feet. But I did not crash....
What would you do differently?:

climb hills better
Post race
Warm down:

rode it in, waited for Steph and Sara who followed fairly quickly, then Panini, PW and Meg. rode it in and changed to dry clothes. Then we all went to the diner with hamburgers that cost 2.25 - yes you read right - but if we had known they were making the breakfast food before lunch food we all would have gotten breakfast!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

just me.

Event comments:

had a BLAST!!!!! even on that last lap in the wind grinned ear to ear and thought of DK's facebook post about loving to ride bikes!!!!

Last updated: 2011-03-14 12:00 AM
Biking
00:57:28 | 18 miles | 18.79 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
race: Duration: 57:28 Work: 646 kJ TSS: 92.3 (intensity factor 0.982) Norm Power: 204 VI: 1.09 Pw:HR: 3.14% Pa:HR: 11.8% Distance: 17.736 mi Min Max Avg Power: 0 667 188 watts Heart Rate: 115 191 181 bpm Cadence: 32 166 82 rpm Speed: 0 31.8 18.5 mph Pace 1:53 0:00 3:15 min/mi Hub Torque: 0 25 7 lb-in Crank Torque: 0 832 199 lb-in
Wind: Strong with gusts
Course: 3 loops. some of the road messed up from the winter.
Road: Potholes Dry Cadence: 82
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-03-19 6:06 PM

User image

Champion
New York, NY
Subject: Trooper Brinkerhoff Memorial Spring Series Race #1 (Johnny Cake Lane)

2011-03-20 5:13 PM
in reply to: #3404945

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Subject: RE: Trooper Brinkerhoff Memorial Spring Series Race #1 (Johnny Cake Lane)
Great job Cat sounds ike you had tons of fun which is really what it is all about
2011-03-21 5:04 AM
in reply to: #3405760

User image

Champion
New York, NY
Subject: RE: Trooper Brinkerhoff Memorial Spring Series Race #1 (Johnny Cake Lane)
thanks Sue - how is Texas treating you?  and yes I had fun!!!!
2011-03-21 5:46 AM

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut

Nice work Cat!!!  I am going up there this weekend, are you??

see ya soon!!  Grind On!!!!

2011-03-21 6:29 AM
in reply to: #3406207

User image

Champion
New York, NY

I think we are doing crca in central park this weekend - it is the last weekend of 4 laps for women's field - goes up to 5 then 6...

are you doing Bear Mountain?

2011-03-21 3:00 PM

User image

Master
Connecticut

Nice job! It's always good to see new women racers getting out there.

Incidentally, good call on letting the paceline go by from the other race.  Your instinct was right about the rules regarding racers in separate fields (we aren't allowed to take pace with one another).

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Trooper Brinkerhoff Memorial Spring Series Race #1 (Johnny Cake Lane) Rss Feed