General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Minneapolis Duathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-05-25 3:03 PM

User image

Expert
Alexandria, MN
Subject: Minneapolis Duathlon : Official Thread

I guess I'm the first person signing up to do this.  Does anyone have any thoughts or reviews on this event?  I just got an email that they have a pretty nice bunch of free stuff in your race packet, including a bike jersey.

2011-05-25 4:01 PM
in reply to: #3518662

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Minneapolis Duathlon : Official Thread
I did this the first two years.  It's a nice event, Team Ortho does a great job with swag.

The major downside is that W River Road is in such bad shape. That's why I skipped the race last year and from now on until that is fixed.  It's really a huge race and I was personally turned off by the huge transition area, etc.    But if you're prepared, it's no big deal and it's nice to have a big crowd.

Climbinggonzo - 2011-05-25 3:03 PM

I guess I'm the first person signing up to do this.  Does anyone have any thoughts or reviews on this event?  I just got an email that they have a pretty nice bunch of free stuff in your race packet, including a bike jersey.

2011-05-25 8:02 PM

User image

Pro
Twin Cities
I did it once. I was able to chew my meals about 8 weeks later.
2011-05-25 9:05 PM

User image

New user

I entered the series, this will be my first du. Actually, I'm an ultrarunner doing my first triathlons this summer I live in Big Lake where the Graniteman BL will be held. I wanted to support the race here, then entered the series-Graniteman Clear Lake and Graniteman 1/2. Figured I'd enter an Oly distance while trying sprints why not an Oly and Lake Marian fit my schedule. I imagine 1/2 irons and
Ironman are in my future for next year
2011-05-31 5:41 PM

User image

Regular
Apple Valley

My Wife and I raced in the MN Duathlon the last two years. Team Ortho did a great job with mile markers, having enough bike racks, water stops, and the multitude of volunteers to help with crowd control.

The river road (especially the last hill down was really rough with potholes and cracks.
The transition area was huge.. and I ended up running across the rocky cracked parking lot in bare feet, only to forget where I had parked my shoes.. (Ya might Bring a marker.. a towel/tub or balloon).

It was pretty warm last year.. I started early, but my friend (who is much faster than I) ended up leaving in a much later starting wave. Comparing finish times, I could tell the heat played more of a factor as the day went on.

Good luck - Have fun!

2011-05-31 8:35 PM

User image

Expert
Dodge County, MN (out in the corn)

My husband and I did that race last year as a relay. He ran and I did the bike. The course was pretty rough and very crowded in the later waves. Not doing it again this year. If you want a great du with good roads and nice climb, bring it down to Pine Island for the Treadman in Sept.

http://www.finalstretch.com/duathlon-events/treadman-du/info/

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Minneapolis Duathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed