General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Macon > Road Rides 1st 2 weeks of July? (also Ellijay) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-06-07 7:48 PM

User image

Colorado Springs
Subject: Macon > Road Rides 1st 2 weeks of July? (also Ellijay)
Hi -
I'll be in Macon visiting family for the first 2 weeks of July (and actually up in Ellijay area for the few days around the 4th).

When I get back to Colorado finally in August I have a century so I'm hoping to get some long hilly rides in. (40+ miles)

I'd love some route suggestions and perhaps a riding buddy or pack.

Any suggestions?

I guess it's all relative - but the people around here that I know are A riders are super fast even up big long (multi mile) hills, so I know I'm not an A with them. I think I'm a fast B? But if it's a long multi mile hill the % of people I pass goes way down.

I may also have my mountain bike with me.

2011-06-07 9:29 PM
in reply to: #3537940

User image

Expert
BFE
Subject: RE: Macon > Road Rides 1st 2 weeks of July? (also Ellijay)
Great options near Ellijay. Road or dirt! Gaps (road, lots of climbing) or Bull Mountain (dirt). I ride both regularly if you're interested.
2011-06-08 6:11 AM

User image

Regular
Winder, GA

Quite a few rural areas out and around Macon so you should have some good luck with finding some quite roads to hammer down on. Also, if the first week of June is an indicator or things to come you will get some nice heat testing in.

2011-06-08 8:47 AM
in reply to: #3538090

User image

Master
Atlanta, GA
FALLS-RUNNER - 2011-06-07 10:29 PM Great options near Ellijay. Road or dirt! Gaps (road, lots of climbing) or Bull Mountain (dirt). I ride both regularly if you're interested.

There are hills in Ellijay?
2011-06-08 2:00 PM

User image

Colorado Springs
I have a suspicion the heat and humidity will turn me into a whining puddle of goo, as it does every visit when I try to go for a run! I keep telling myself it will just make me stronger, but it comes out like "Whaa whaaa whaaa whaaa cold beer on front porch whaaa whaaa whaaa"

Falls Runner - if nothing else I may hit you up for routes - you look, uhm, much faster than me Is there an Ellijay cycling group?

I just saw the other post for the Hospitality Highway Century - that might be good to do but would be in Macon then so a carpool would be great. I'll have an auto / bike rack w/room for four but the more the merrier and to keep me awake while driving up at 3:30 in the a.m.

The elevation doesn't look that drastic - just mainly rollers? (what's the biggest climb?)

Still interested in rides nearer to Macon, too.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Macon > Road Rides 1st 2 weeks of July? (also Ellijay) Rss Feed