Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » I'm so bummed - don't think I'll be at Tomatoman. Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2011-06-11 8:36 PM

User image

Subject: I'm so bummed - don't think I'll be at Tomatoman.

I was so looking forward to this being my first race of the season. Then, 2 days after signing up, I pinched some nerves in my hip/leg. Today, one week out from race day, I can swim only if I don't kick and I can't even run 50m. I've been icing like crazy and visited the chiropractor a couple of times, but I just don't think it's meant to be. Feeling very sorry for myself tonight!

If you're racing, be sure to post a race report for me... and I hope to see you there again next year!

2011-06-13 3:44 PM
in reply to: #3544201

User image

Chatham Ontario
Subject: RE: I'm so bummed - don't think I'll be at Tomatoman.

That sucks Carrie. It is early in the week. RICE and keep evaluating on a daily basis an d chiro if you can again this week.

I know stress and fear brought me to overtraining these last couple of weeks and I am paying for it. This Saturday I bonked right out and my legs have been extremely sore and tired since Saturday. I could hardly walk yesterday and still very sore today. I am excited and nervous as heck for my first sprint. But really all the hard work has been done.

Stef and I will be down there but she is battling an injury right now too. Injuries are never fun no matter how simple or severe they are.

Now it is time to go and Race and have fun.

I hope for your sake we see you there.

Edited by Techdiver 2011-06-13 3:45 PM
2011-06-13 3:48 PM

User image

Master
Southern Ontario

Awwww that sucks.  I'm sorry... Hopefully you are feeling MUCH better before Saturday!!!

Would you be able to do the swim/bike just for experience if you weren't able to run? 

2011-06-14 9:28 PM

User image

First the bad news: despite now being known as the office loony who carries an ice pack with her everywhere she goes... still no better. Had another adjustment at the chiropractor's this morning and he says NO RUNNING. (I did try a bit on the weekend but didn't get far. I'm afraid I agree with his restrictions).

Now the good news... it honestly never occurred to me to do the swim and bike and then DNF. But why not?? That way I don't miss out on the excitement, I get a workout in that I would likely do anyway... I get to socialize a bit and oh yeah - collect the shirt (which I will wear even if I don't finish the run!) I think DH thinks I'm a bit crazy to start a race I have no intention of finishing but I think he is also a bit impressed at the HTFU of it all.

So, thanks for the encouragement and MANY thanks for the suggestion! Barring disaster, I will be there on Sunday... I will be the one taking my sweet time while everyone else is in full on race mode. I definitely don't want to make things worse than they are - I hope to do a couple more races this summer!

2011-06-14 9:33 PM

User image

If I don't see you beforehand then good luck Chris! You will do awesome! You are ready for this.
2011-06-14 9:39 PM

User image

Master
Southern Ontario

Whooooohooooo!!! GREAT attitude!!!

It will still be a great experience and you will have a great time!!! Plus we can hang out!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011-06-14 9:44 PM

User image

Chatham Ontario

Thanks Carrie... That is a great Attitude. You already paid to so you might as well get something out of it.

Swim bike Walk? Swim Bike.. Eat Subway and pizza and hang with everyone... How can you miss out on that...

It will be good to see you again.

2011-06-15 5:03 PM

User image

Thanks guys! I'm excited again. I was pretty bummed for a few days but no longer feel like I will be missing out. Well, not much, anyway.

2011-06-15 5:05 PM
in reply to: #3551293

User image

Master
Southern Ontario
carriecook - 2011-06-15 5:03 PM

Thanks guys! I'm excited again. I was pretty bummed for a few days but no longer feel like I will be missing out. Well, not much, anyway.

I'm jealous - you get to skip my least favourite part!! (I'm the person they designed aquabikes for!!)

2011-06-16 7:16 PM

User image

Ha! The run is actually my strongest point. Well... it WAS... Tongue out
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » I'm so bummed - don't think I'll be at Tomatoman. Rss Feed