General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Indy - Olympic Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2011-08-23 9:42 AM
in reply to: #3650705

User image

New user

Subject: RE: Tri Indy - Olympic Course : Official Thread

oldteen..........I completely agree that the Tri Indy (in Midwest America) cannot compare to a tri in the Caribbean or Hawaii, or an event in the desert or along a Great Lakes shoreline.  I should perhaps have preface my prior comments with the fact that I am comparing Tri Indy to other Midweastern/Indiana triathlon events.  Apart from the agreed pitfalls I would still recommend this event.  It gathers a really nice crowd (1,400), it was fun and relaxing, all under the peaceful skyline of downtown Indianapolis.

One day I hope to be able to experience some of the exotic locational tri's you mentioned!

2011-08-24 6:36 PM
in reply to: #3561724

User image

Master
Central Indiana
Subject: RE: Tri Indy - Olympic Course : Official Thread
In fairness, the organizers have no control over area construction projects which can be VERY difficult to predict far enough in advance.  Tri Indy really is among the most distinctive & enjoyable Midwest tri's.  The canal swim & urban course in the heart of US amateur athletics should make for a great event in the (hopefully!) years to come.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Indy - Olympic Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 4