United States
FS Series
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 02m
Overall Rank = 24/175
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 9/27
Pre-race routine:

Rode 80 miles in 4 hours the day before and stay up late at a Toga party drinking beer for a friend's birthday party. Slept horribly due to leg soreness. Woke up ass early bc Jennifer was volunteering and had to be on site at 5am. Drank a coffee and a Muscle Milk en route to site.
Event warmup:

Set up transition and chatted a bit then found a bench at the wellness center and shut the eyes for a snooze. Woke up about 40 mins til start, got into the pool and did a lap or two. Popped a Gel 30 mins prior to start.
Swim
  • 05m 6s
  • 250 yards
  • 02m 02s / 100 yards
Comments:

I had to pee and or other before the swim but I was already in line to get in. I couldnt bring myself to pee int he pool since the proximity was so close- so I held it. I had a good swim. They waited to clear 2 lanes in front of me. There was one woman in front of me, #151- not like I'm calling her out , when they did this. She was released...and then me shortly after. I caught her with 70% effort at about 15 meters with a foot smack. She got to the wall, turned and kept going. I stood up and let her get distance so I could could begin my swim again. I caught her halfway and just drafted and foot smacked every other stroke to make a point. She got to the wall and kept going! Pissed now, I ducked the lane rope and sprinted to the other side passing her intentionally violent, and tapped the other side flipped and I was off a good 4-5 strokes before she even to the other side. I had clear water almost the whole way until the last lane, I saw a guy behind me gaining. He must have passed the lady too. I sighted with 6 strokes left to the end and popped out by the ladder and was off on my trot.
What would you do differently?:

seed myself faster as some people didnt do this correctly.
Transition 1
  • 01m 10s
Comments:

There was a decent trot to my bike so i kept fast footing it to maintain my trot. I was slower at getting the shoes on but oh well. I trotted out and flying mounted easily. My right shoe did NOT want to clip in...ugh, I was off..
What would you do differently?:

press harder as I was not pushing myself- and lost final rank because of this!!!
Bike
  • 29m 31s
  • 10 miles
  • 20.33 mile/hr
Comments:

Once I got on the bike I hammered and never stopped. I was passing all sorts of people. I was kind of evilishly snickering the whole time... I hope that's not bad juju. I'd see a grouping on the horizon and would mumble to myself, you're mine and interval the hill in full sprint and pass them at a fast clip. The downhills were no different- I pressed hard and would jet by the slower cyclists.
Transition 2
  • 01m 24s
Comments:

Dismount was good. Ran through T...forgot where my row was ( it was further down than anticipated. Shoes with laces SUCK!!! I plopped my foot in and the lace had gotten tucked in too, so fought it and the lace was sticking to my wet foot and wouldnt release, and when I tried to pull my foot out the insole would begin to come out!! I saw a lady I had passed on the way in leaving T so I wasn't letting her pass me!!
Run
  • 24m 52s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m  min/mile
Comments:

Fast feet out of T2 really brought me up to speed. I passed the lady in the out chute, saw Jennifer at the bike mount, and was up to speed with strong legs and a stronger pace! the hills to come wold be a challenge. The downhills I shuffled fast and kept my speed up pretty good. I was making my approach to the lowest point in the course when I saw Doug (easily recognized in his Punisher suit). He mentioned earlier at the beginning of the race that he was pushing to run the whole course- and I thought to myself that if Doug can do it, I can do it...as he passed, he yelled out "To the pain!" which got a smirk out of me. My stride was healthy and my speed was good up the hills. I'd gulp n splash the aid stations. At the turn around I forced down a Gu before I hit the water table to dissolve it better and off I went. I looked at the watch and my time was phenomenal. I raced on passing people most of the way. I felt almost Craig Alexanderish but way slower! this whole race I got passed by no one and everyone had fell wrath to my efforts.
My last hill before the final turn some chick lightly trotted by putting me in place...NOOOOOOOOOoooooooo, oh well, pace booty!!! I sprinted the final corner, breathing was heavy and hard but I managed it. some guy I was about to pass gave a full on sprint to the line- apparently he had not left it all on the course. I ran full race pace through the line, side stepped to get my chip cut off, and b-lined it to the porto johns to empty the tanks.

Ahhhhhhhhh release is great isnt it?!
Post race
Warm down:

I felt way too good post race. Walked around a bit, chit chatted with peeps and then headed over to drob's crib for pool, bbq, and beer replenishment. Thanks for hosting!

Last updated: 2011-08-22 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:05:06 | 250 yards | 02m 02s / 100yards
Age Group: 13/27
Overall: 0/175
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: Pool Swim.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder:
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:10
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:29:31 | 10 miles | 20.33 mile/hr
Age Group: 5/27
Overall: 0/175
Performance:
Wind:
Course: somewhat lots of uphill and tight turnaround
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:24
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:24:52 | 03.11 miles | 07m  min/mile
Age Group: 9/27
Overall: 36/175
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2011-08-22 12:18 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh
Subject: Rex Wellness Sprint Triathlon

2011-08-22 1:02 PM
in reply to: #3653799

User image

Elite
Raleigh
Subject: RE: Rex Wellness Sprint Triathlon

Wow I am featured prominantly in someone else's report! "I am somebody now!" (At least it wasn't for doing something dumb or embarassing like sh*ting myself on the course) Glad the suit and I inspired you! Great damn race!

Where's the post race break-down. I hear there were beers.

2011-08-22 1:56 PM
in reply to: #3653896

User image

Master
Raleigh
DougRob - 2011-08-22 2:02 AM

Wow I am featured prominantly in someone else's report! "I am somebody now!" (At least it wasn't for doing something dumb or embarassing like sh*ting myself on the course) Glad the suit and I inspired you! Great damn race!

Where's the post race break-down. I hear there were beers.

fixed.

2011-08-22 4:26 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh, NC
Oh you complain about getting there early but you know my body marking helped you have a good race
2011-08-23 2:54 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
In front of computer when typing this.
What? A race without a flat tire/bee sting/pitbull attack? Things are looking up Scottie!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Rex Wellness Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed