Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2011-08-24 3:01 PM
in reply to: #3655196

User image

Veteran
Redding, CA
Subject: RE: Spectators

My wife and I will participate in our first Tri in 2 ½ weeks so I don’t have experience from that side. However we’ve attended an Olympic distance Tri and I was there from the first wave start to the last swimmer out of the water cheering and/or clapping. Then went and ate some food and grabbed a chair and found a shady spot 100 yards from the finish and cheered/clapped for every finisher as they passed by. I found it to be a lot of fun seeing people accomplishing something that many will never even attempt.

The next day we volunteered during a sprint Tri and handed out water and Gatorade to runners at the halfway point. We also shouted lots of encouragement. That was a lot of fun too.

My kids (6 and 10) were there and did have bouts of boredom so they will probably be at Grandma’s house for our Tri.

2011-08-24 3:16 PM
in reply to: #3657505

User image

Elite
Spokane, WA
Subject: RE: Spectators
ridingpastor - 2011-08-24 2:46 PM

what is like being a part of a club? do you just pay your dues and then what? do you run together compete together?

what?

sorry if it is a dumb question!

Not a dumb question at all. There are a bunch of benefits from joining a club. I'll list a few that come to mind:

Organized workouts--lots of them
Practice triathlons
Building relationships with fellow triathletes
Swim coaching
Support at races--as mentioned in this thread
Social events
Availability of individual race plan coaching--costs extra at my club but worth it.

So yes, I'd highly recommend joining a club. And yes, they are supported by membership dues. But again, well worth it.

Edited by zed707 2011-08-24 3:18 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Spectators Rss Feed  

of 3