General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Endurance Nation Training Plans Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-10-19 4:42 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Endurance Nation Training Plans

I had done some research last year about different training plans and can't remember some of the things I was looking for.

I think it was Endurance Nation that has you not focus on swimming till closer to your targeted race - is that correct? I am looking for something like that.

If so how do people like their plans? I am looking at doing a 70.3 summer 2012.

Thanks!

2011-10-19 7:58 PM
in reply to: #3730626

User image

Veteran
Madison, New Jersey
Subject: RE: Endurance Nation Training Plans

Yes, you are correct EN off season plan eliminates swimming from training during the OS. I did it last year, and loved taking time off from the pool. I raced Rev 3 Quassy 70.3 (early season race) and was probably about 2-3 minutes slower out of the water than my previous races, but shaved off 20 minutes on the bike. 

This winter I plan on incorporating swimming but keeping the time short. I don't want to lose what I have gained in the pool over the rest of the season.

Overall, I liked the plans. Their OS and Half plans are pretty intense so be prepared to work.

2011-10-20 5:38 AM

User image

Master
Canton, Michigan

You just missed a big sale on there plans, which was %50 but the good news is there still on sale for %30 off through Oct 31.  They normally put them on sale in January for the same %30 off rate if your still thinking over it.  Code:  sale3012

Unfortunately I managed to crash in June and was unable to race this year, but look forward to using there Out Season plan once I figure out how to proceed for 2012 and whether I'll do a half or full to finish off the year.

I still swam over last winter but not nearly as much and still felt fine in the water and managed to maintain my speed with the little swimming I was doing.  My cycling felt strong during the event in which I crashed.  I like there overall approach especially with the biking but modify the run's a bit since to much interval work seems to beat me down.  I really like the approach of doing workouts in less hours overall, and hope I avoid the feeling like I need to be doing 20 hour training weeks for my next full.

2011-10-20 9:13 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for the info and discount code!!!

I travel for work frequently & have kids involved in a ton of things so I am stretched for time. I am hoping that I can do a 70.3 on about 7-10 hours per week. I really can't fit much more in than that.

I think waiting on the swim will help me there.

2011-10-20 5:24 PM

User image

Veteran

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our training plans. A few notes for you:

• Our current 30% off sale ends on October 31st.
  • Swimming: our OutSeason plans do not have swimming scheduled into the training weeks. However, every level of OS plan has 20wks x 2-3 swim per week of Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced swim workouts include separately, as a bigass .pdf file. In other words, we say "These are our thoughts on swimming in the OS...but if you do decide you want to swim, here is a comprehensive schedule of swim workouts AND a swim drill ebook we put together, to help you."
  • All of our other plans (IM, HIM, and Short Course) have the swim workouts written into the plans. In fact, they all have Intermediate swim workouts, with Beginner and Advanced swim workouts also included in another bigass .pdf. We do this because an Advanced cyclist and runner can be a rock in the pool and therefore need Beginner swim workouts.
  • I'm a former NCAA swimmer so that's that hat I wore when I wrote these workouts...they are tough, varied, tough, and tough :-)
  • You can learn more about our thoughts on off-season and long course training by taking one of our online seminars here.
  • Finally, I would invite you to create a free 5-day trial membership during our membership drive this month. Come inside, see how we do business and ask our athletes directly about their experiences with us. More importantly, you'll be able to compare membership to our training plans side by side, to see which is the best fit for you...or decide we are not the best solution for you, shake hands and you do your own thing.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Rich

2011-10-20 9:03 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Austin, TX

Wow - I was going to check out Endurance Nation and instead of typing .us, I typed .com.  Note to everyone else: don't type .com.  Cow colostrum as a nutritional supplement for endurance athletes?!?  What the...

A quick google search got me sorted out.

2011-10-20 10:40 PM
in reply to: #3732591

User image

Veteran
Tyrell - 2011-10-20 6:03 PM

Wow - I was going to check out Endurance Nation and instead of typing .us, I typed .com.  Note to everyone else: don't type .com.  Cow colostrum as a nutritional supplement for endurance athletes?!?  What the...

A quick google search got me sorted out.

Yeah...that's not us :-)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Endurance Nation Training Plans Rss Feed