United States
Pikes Peak Road Runners
Sunny
Total Time = 24m 49s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

This is a race that I try to do every month. sometimes I don't always make it. But I had to run six miles today anyway so why not do two of it in a race situation. Got there about five minutes before the start and Holy Moly there were more than 100 people there. That's crazy. I've run this race more than half a dozne times and each time I could count the number of people but for some reason it's been popular. They even had race numbers. I've never run this race with a race number and they even had a clock crazy cool.
Event warmup:

Ran 1/4 of a mile legs felt really stiff.
Run
  • 24m 49s
  • 2 miles
  • 12m 25s  min/mile
Comments:

This run is something that I always find hard. I don't know because most of the people who run it really sprint. I mean there were people done with the race in less than 12 min. I just can't get it up that fast. I have to ease into a run mostly because I know it's going to last a while. So this race is always difficult for me because everyone's speedy Gonzales and I'm slow mary. But nevertheless I tackled it and as usual I was in the back. Me and some guy with a bum knee. I could hear his footsteps behind me so I went out a lot faster than normal. When I hit the one mile mark at 12 min I knew I was going a lot faster than normal. Usually I hit that mark at 13+. But I held my ground, couldn't let the one-leg guy beat me, and sprinted to the best finish ever for this race. Under 25 not bad! I'll be running a 30 min 5K really soon!
What would you do differently?:

Nothing really great run for me. Just hate being a BOPer
Post race
Warm down:

Hugged the RD got my time, I came in second. It's a handicapped race and the winner is the person who beats their handicap by the most time. Not the person who crosses first. So I came in in the money as my mom would say. Woo hoo.
Then went on to run the rest of my set - 4 miles.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My (getting smaller all the time) big butt!

Event comments:

Great race. Getting bigger. Mmmm. have to decide if I like that!:)

Last updated: 2005-10-01 12:00 AM
Running
00:24:49 | 02 miles | 12m 25s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course: Great trail near my house along a creek. Wonderful
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2005-10-01 12:46 PM

User image

Master
Chicago
Subject: Nielsen's Challenge

2005-10-01 1:30 PM
in reply to: #257521

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Subject: RE: Nielsen's Challenge
COngrats on coiming in secodne and bettering your time O...Have a great weekend -SMO
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Nielsen's Challenge Rss Feed