United States
49F / 9C
Overcast
Total Time = 29m 43s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 6, ate a bowl of Cheerios, 2.5 cups of coffee, some OJ, drove to the race, got signed in, numbered, and got my shirt.
Event warmup:

I got there WAAAAYYYYY too early. I was there at 7, but I parked for free and that was good. Took off my (many) layers down to tights, long sleeve t and tshirt and race belt and did my Chi Running looseners at my car. I ran up High St. till I was sweating lightly, then came back and stretched. Walked around, petted a puppy named Mabel, ran again, stretched, ran again, stretched. Nervously watched TV, watched the kids race, lined up.
Run
  • 29m 43s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 34s  min/mile
Comments:

Good run for me. Because I had warmed up in advance, my legs were allready loose. I didn't get the tension in my back as I usually do, so that was a plus. I passed more people than passed me. It was a nice feeling to not be last for once!I was definitely MOP. I finished in the top 100, but it was a small field, i don't know if there were even 100 there, walkers included, but hey, I met my own goal of a sub 30 run!! woohoo!
What would you do differently?:

Not go out so fast in the beginning. I took it slow, but because I had warmed up, I was loose, so I don't think I warmed into it as much as I should. I would have kept my long sleeve tshirt on too, I took it off because it was riding up and I felt warm when I ran. Would have probably nixed the race belt, but I didn't want to pin anything to my shirt (sorority letters are a bit different...gotta respect that they're my letters and I shouldn't really be putting holes in them!).

OH! And not go to bed so freakin' late!! I stayed up late to watch movies with a friend...dumb move.
Post race
Warm down:

walked around, a little stretch, glass of water. Didn't partake of after-race festivities since I had to get the car back for the person who let me borrow it. Lots of food!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Cold weather. Nasty crap and cough that kicked up in my sleep last night. Stress and school cutting into my run time this week.

Event comments:

This is the first year for this race, so the field was a bit small. But I like the "women only" atmosphere, it's different from tris. I was so freaking happy to finish under 30. My goal in my training log was a sub 40 5k....guess I have to change that now!

Last updated: 2005-10-23 12:00 AM
Running
00:29:43 | 03.11 miles | 09m 34s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: around the Convention center, down (and up) Neil, around the Arena District, loop.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2005-10-23 10:13 AM

User image

Pro
Pittsburgh, my heart is in Glasgow
Subject: Women on the Run 5k

2005-10-23 2:14 PM
in reply to: #270580

Master
Boston
Subject: RE: Women on the Run 5k
A very BIG congratulations on a new personal best!! It's great to see your training pay off, huh? Enjoy the rest of they day, you've earned it. Just think how much faster you might have gone if you got a good night's sleep!
2005-10-23 6:58 PM
in reply to: #270580

User image

Master
Red Sox Nation
Subject: RE: Women on the Run 5k
Very nice! Glad you enjoyed yourself!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Women on the Run 5k Rss Feed