United Kingdom
2C / 36F
Overcast
Total Time = 50m 11s
Overall Rank = 148/300
Age Group = MV
Age Group Rank = 63/104
Pre-race routine:

The race was being organised by a girl from my tri club so there were loads of well kent faces. Pre-race involved loads of chatting.
Event warmup:

The weather was pretty cold so just stood around with my fleece on for as long as possible.
Run
  • 50m 11s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 05s  min/mile
Comments:

After the initial hurly burly I found myself ahead of Z and C. Spotted a girl ahead of me from the Tri club (Fiona) that normally runs about the same pace as me so tried to keep her in my sights.
Quite liked the there and backness of the race that meant you got a chance to see the top guys on there way back. Various attempts to shout well done whenever I saw someone I knew going by.
Fiona had maintained about a twenty yard gap on me for most of the race but I finally managed to catch her about 1k from the end. At the same point I heard someone pulling up on me, instinctively I knew who it was, my wife had caught me. She gave a quick report that C was struggling and then dissappeared.
What would you do differently?:

Couldn't find my watch. Felt kind of blind without it.
Also trip Zoe up the next time she runs past me.
Post race
Warm down:

Actually remembered to go and try to do some stretches but people kept on coming up and talking to me so ended up giving up on them (the stretches not the people).

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The course was flat but quite hard work as it could be quite muddy off the racing line. Probably paced it about right as I was passing people all the time and can only remember being passed by my wife and one other guy on the return leg. It would have been nice to get under 50mins but I'm happy.

Event comments:

Seems a bit of a shame that the route this race takes means you cant see any of the surrounding views as the trail is tree lined.

Last updated: 2006-01-30 12:00 AM
Running
00:50:11 | 06.21 miles | 08m 05s  min/mile
Age Group: 63/104
Overall: 148/300
Performance: Average
Course: The course was a flat out and back, the majority of it was along a dissused railway line.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes