General Discussion Race Reports! » Cherry Creek Time Trial Series, TT #3 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Cherry Creek Time Trial Series, TT #3 - CycleTime Trial

View Member's Race Log
Denver, Colorado
American Cycling Association
65F / 18C
Overcast
Total Time = 6h 58m 40s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = Cat 4
Age Group Rank = 19/52
Pre-race routine:

Got to CC a lot earlier this time. I was actually able to take my time and get my number pinned on, stretch, watch a few people come in. Generally just a much more relaxed pre-race this time, which was very good for me mentally.
Event warmup:

Stretching for 15 minutes, then walking around some just to shake out my legs. 30 minutes on the trainer with some spin ups and hard efforts. Warm up was really good this time, and I could tell the difference at the beginning of the race.
Bike
  • 25m 50s
  • 10.5 miles
  • 24.39 mile/hr
Comments:

Just went hard. Didn't try to think about it this time, I just pushed as hard as I could. Even though the time is a bit slower than the first race, the wind sucked today, so I am happy with that time and my effort.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing really. I pushed as hard as I could and didn't leave anything on the course today. Dropped a water bottle, so I need to adjust my cage, but that was really no big deal.
Post race
Warm down:

What's that? Did a 30 minute brick run with pick-ups right off the bike. Felt surprisingly good for having done the max effort 5K on Sunday and coming off the bike. Took my HR about 5 minutes to come down, but it finally did and I felt fine. Other than the pick-ups, this was an easy Z1 run, so nice and easy throughout. Stretching and food/recovery drink when I got back to the car.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Wind.

Last updated: 2006-03-12 12:00 AM
Biking
00:25:50 | 10.5 miles | 24.39 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/52
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Same basic numbers as last time, except that my overall average was a bit higher at 177.
Wind: Strong with gusts
Course: Same
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-04-26 10:14 PM

User image

Veteran
Denver, CO
Subject: Cherry Creek Time Trial Series, TT #3

2006-04-26 11:12 PM
in reply to: #407743

User image

Extreme Veteran
Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Cherry Creek Time Trial Series, TT #3
What happened to "It's not windy! These are perfect conditions!" or whatever you said. I'm guessing you revised that opinion when the wind smacked you in the face.  Great race - again. I'm sounding like a broken record, but you're just so darn fast!
2006-04-27 8:39 AM
in reply to: #407743

User image

Official BT Coach
Englewood, CO
Subject: RE: Cherry Creek Time Trial Series, TT #3
Great race.  I can't believe you still held a 24 mph + average in the wind.  Keep up on those bricks and you will do well on the run too!  Congrats.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cherry Creek Time Trial Series, TT #3 Rss Feed