American Cycling
50F / 10C
Precipitation
Total Time = 26m 34s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = Cat 4
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Took forever to get home so I was a little late getting to there, but still had some time.
Event warmup:

Did a little jogging and light stretching and hopped on my trainer. Wasted a little time trying to figure out what I wanted to have on while racing since it was cold and just a matter of time before it started raining. While on the trainer, I moved through all the gears, dropping from big ring to small ring to see if it was going to drop on me. Didn't have any problems. I only warmed up for about 15 minutes. One of these days I'm going to get in a good warm-up, but for now this had to suffice.
Bike
  • 26m 34s
  • 10.5 miles
  • 23.71 mile/hr
Comments:

Just as I was getting off the trainer and finishing my warm-up it started to rain a little bit, and as I pulled up to the start it was coming down heavier. Going out I felt pretty good right up until the first turn. I didn't feel bad on the turn but my wheel slipped a little bit and I ended up taking it really wide. That's kind of the theme for corners for the night, and I'd expect it's typical of most racers. I saw the guy in front of me and started counting off seconds to see how/if I was gaining on him. I knew it was a matter of time and I usually make my best move on the hill. This was no exception and instead of dropping to the small ring like I have in the past, I stayed in the big ring the entire time and pushed up it rather than spinning up it. About halfway up I caught the guy and hopped out of the saddle to finish the climb. On the turn around, I took it pretty cautiously and was a little afraid of it. Everything was going well and then there's a hard right turn that I almost ate it on. I usually take it wide, but this time I only had about an inch before I was in the weeds. Probably about a mile before the finish I looked back and saw that the guy I had passed was gaining and realized I had become a little complacent so I went as hard as I could through the finish.
What would you do differently?:

Warm up a little bit more. Not much else.
Post race
Warm down:

Z1 brick recovery run. It was still raining, but I don't mind running in the rain. Actually, aside from the the bad cornering, I didn't mind riding in the rain either. I didn't really get cold. I saw when Stacie went off and I think it was colder when she started than it was when I did. It wasn't warm, but I didn't notice it all that much. Once I finished I got home and took the longest, hottest shower imaginable.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Rain.

Event comments:

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this race. Even though my time was a little slower, I did everything I could.

Last updated: 2006-03-14 12:00 AM
Biking
00:26:34 | 10.5 miles | 23.71 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Average HR was 179 and max was 189. I didn't think to hit the HRM 10 minutes in so I could get a more accurate LT reading.
Wind: Some
Course: 10.5 mile out and back. Gently rolling for the most part, with one noteworthy hill in the middle.
Road: Smooth Wet Cadence: 80
Turns: Below average Cornering: Below average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-05-03 11:02 PM

User image

Expert
Denver
Subject: Cherry Creek Time Trial Series #4

2006-05-04 8:32 AM
in reply to: #414279

User image

Veteran
Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Cherry Creek Time Trial Series #4
Nice race, obviously you could have gone faster if the roads weren't so wet, but at least the chain wasn't an issue on this one.  Now maybe everything will come together all in one race next week and you can pull a huge PR. 
2006-05-04 10:53 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Peachtree City, GA
Still pretty fast in sub-standard conditions. I guess the weather is supposed to be bad untill like Sunday or something.
2006-05-04 3:56 PM

User image

Elite
Hendersonville
Great job!! No dropped chain - hooray!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cherry Creek Time Trial Series #4 Rss Feed