General Discussion Triathlon Talk » school me on infinit Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-01-23 2:50 PM

Extreme Veteran
Subject: school me on infinit

How did you try it? did you order a sample kit, make your own, use a pre mixed formula?

I've tried a sample of the recovery and I liked the taste. In the past I've used gels and powdered Gatoraid for my HIM, So far I've never had GI issues.

I would like to try this for IM but thinking I should stick with the gel/ shot block and gatoraid that has worked in the past.  

2012-01-23 2:54 PM
in reply to: #4006519

User image

Expert
Dodge County, MN (out in the corn)
Subject: RE: school me on infinit
I used it some last summer. My husband ordered a custom mix and I just used his formula. We had just a tiny bit of protein in our mix. He just ordered more for this season and added more sodium and a bit more flavor. Last season's mix was a bit bland for me. It's pricey, but it worked well for me. Seems to have worked well for DH also.
2012-01-23 2:58 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

I ordered a bag during their annual sale (which was earlier this month, unfortunately) - custom mix based on their online tool.

I switched from gels/bars/gummies for HIM and IM distance and it's so much simpler now. Concentrate a 2 or 3-hour bottle, combine with water swigs every XX minutes (have to experiment to see what works for you), and you're golden.

2012-01-23 3:08 PM
in reply to: #4006551

Extreme Veteran
lisac957 - 2012-01-23 2:58 PM

I ordered a bag during their annual sale (which was earlier this month, unfortunately) - custom mix based on their online tool.

I switched from gels/bars/gummies for HIM and IM distance and it's so much simpler now. Concentrate a 2 or 3-hour bottle, combine with water swigs every XX minutes (have to experiment to see what works for you), and you're golden.

Sounds easy on the bike, do you carry anything on the run?
2012-01-23 3:18 PM
in reply to: #4006572

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
DLR1 - 2012-01-23 3:08 PM
lisac957 - 2012-01-23 2:58 PM

Sounds easy on the bike, do you carry anything on the run?

I don't personally but know some people who do.
My stomach gets pretty weird on runs during races so just Gatorade, water, and maybe a gu for me (even on IM distance).

2012-01-23 4:33 PM

User image

Elite
Roswell, GA
DLR1 - 2012-01-23 3:50 PM

How did you try it? did you order a sample kit, make your own, use a pre mixed formula?

I've tried a sample of the recovery and I liked the taste. In the past I've used gels and powdered Gatoraid for my HIM, So far I've never had GI issues.

I would like to try this for IM but thinking I should stick with the gel/ shot block and gatoraid that has worked in the past.  

Why do you want to switch?  What about your current strategy isn't working?

Infinit is a great product, but if you aren't having problems it will be a lot easier on race day to drink what the volunteers hand you.

2012-01-23 6:39 PM
in reply to: #4006758

User image

Champion
brown_dog_us - 2012-01-23 3:33 PM

DLR1 - 2012-01-23 3:50 PM

Why do you want to switch?  What about your current strategy isn't working?

Infinit is a great product, but if you aren't having problems it will be a lot easier on race day to drink what the volunteers hand you.

yep and if that stuff is working its often a lot cheaper.
2012-01-23 7:42 PM
in reply to: #4006959

User image

Master
Bedford, MA

I used Infinit for this past season for longer training rides and races. It worked very well for an IM. I concentrated two bottles with a total of 1000 calories, then supplemented it with some Cliff Blocks along the way. For future HIM's I plan on only using Infinit on the bike and using a gel flask on the run. It's also a lot easier to not have to open packages during a race.

I also placed a 2-bag order during their annual sale earlier this month. 50% off for the first hour can't be beat!

2012-01-24 5:46 PM

User image

I have a pretty picky stomach.  No dyes during training or racing, and forget about marinara sauce ever again.  After I had to abandon my nutrition plan during a HIM and really wasn't pleased with my resulting run split, I decided to switch to infinit.

I've really put it to the test, and it's proved itself over and over again. 

I'm a little biased, as you can see from my siggy, but I was a loyal customer before they sponsored me.  I really could go on and on about it (and I do, lol!).  I've used it super diluted (one serving in 22 oz of water) and super concentrated (3 servings in 9 oz of water).

There's a lot of mystery going into the process, but the best way is you basically "order" a quick consult from their website and wait for them to email you.  Check your spam folder - that's where my email went and I waited for them for a week before I found it.  If you liked the taste, then you know what one of the flavors taste like.  You can get a sampler if you want to try the other flavors.

One other note - and this is important - if your nutrition hasn't failed you, and you haven't found any reason to change it, then don't. What works for one person does not always work for another.

I was already thinking about changing because I was tired of all the gels, and the all the other stuff, and wanted something simple.  I had to come up with places to store the gels and the trash.  Now, as others have said, it's one bottle for the bike, one flask for the run, and I'm done. I even removed my bento box from my bike.  But I also take water off the course.

The quick consult is actually anything but quick. It's pretty personalized.

I've tried to keep this unbiased, but feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

2012-01-24 6:13 PM

User image

Expert
San Luis Obispo, CA
I'd love to be able to "school" you on Infinit.  I ordered during their big sale THREE WEEKS AGO!  Tick, tock.....
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » school me on infinit Rss Feed