General Discussion Race Reports! » Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
United States
Competitor Group, Inc.
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 1h 55m 12s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 47s  min/mile
Comments:

Had friends coming in from out of town for this, so mostly signed up for social reasons. Didn't make any effort to specifically train for this or taper (rode a pretty hard 50-miles on the bike the day before - this definitely hurt me at the end of the run).

Race course is nice; very flat, and wide enough not to be cramped even with so many runners. Oddly, I talked to about six different people, all of whom had 13.35 miles on their Garmin for the race. Seems odd that such a big race would be marked long.

Not a fantastic time for me, but then I really wasn't trying for one.
Post race
Event comments:

This was my first Rock & Roll event, and honestly I was expecting more... well... rock & roll. There were probably 5-6 bands scattered around the course, most of whom were played slow music when I ran by. I would estimate that I was within earshot of music for about 5 minutes during my nearly 2 hours of running. I guess that explains why I saw so many people with ipods.

Other than that, I thought the race was impeccably organized. I have never seen port-a-potty lines so short before a race. And plenty of post race food - both amount and variety. I had to leave before the post-race concert but I heard it was some American Idol retread, so no big loss.

Last updated: 2012-05-01 12:00 AM
Running
01:55:12 | 13.1 miles | 08m 47s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2012-10-02 2:33 PM

User image

Regular
Malvern, PA
Subject: Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon Rss Feed