Overall Rank = 2/
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 00m
  • 3.11 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

Ran in a local 5k this morning. Used it as a solid tempo run. Was hoping to hit right around 6:00 pacing and did. Went out what felt ok at first to get things moving. Then after the first turn passed the bunch that had gone ahead of me from the start (the ones who go out too fast). This put me in second. First was one of our former cross country runners (year older than me). Knew I wouldn't catch him, but happy to keep him in sight the rest of the way.

I got what I wanted in the good solid effort at 6:00/mile. This is a new PR after setting one a few weeks ago. Maybe one day I'll really race it, but keeping my eye on other goals now.
What would you do differently?:

Wore the tri-shorts underneath as it was cold (32F). Think my tri-suits slow my running down. Didn't feel as loose as usual.
Post race
Warm down:

Watched other people come in. 1st girl wasn't too far behind, 19ish finish. A couple 12-13 yr olds (guessing) finished under 20 min. They were flying.

They needed some more people to run in the kids fun run, so I volunteered. I'm like Godzilla amongst 10 yr olds, and especially easy to see with the hi-viz gear on (gloves & vest). The kids bolted out at near 5:30 pacing, but quickly fell of the 8 or so within a quarter mile. Kept that up the rest of the way around. I just stayed with the lead group of 3 so they knew where to go.

Last updated: 2012-10-27 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 03.11 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course: Flat 1 loop course, kind of a funky B shape.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2012-10-27 10:47 AM

Master
Northern IL
Subject: Ringwood Rocket 5k

2012-10-27 11:12 AM
in reply to: #4471666

User image

Veteran
South Windsor, CT
Subject: RE: Ringwood Rocket 5k

congrats on the PR, Ben!

nice race-and a PR is still a PR...you're gonna have to hone the speed in running for one season before you get too old and see what you're really capable of

that's still flying!!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Ringwood Rocket 5k Rss Feed