General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Isagenix...anyone using these products? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-11-09 1:49 PM

User image

Elite
Subject: Isagenix...anyone using these products?

Through the "magic" of facebook ,someone in my town who I did not previuosly know except both of our kids go to the same school reached out to me to listen to her sales pitch about this company.  I am sure the intention is to not only to get me to buy product but to sell it. Though I can say no, I felt obligated for "town politcal correct reasons" to at least hear her pitch.

We dont have a date scheduled yet , but wanted to research a little bit before

I figured I would consult the best source for everything here on BT and see if anyone has used any of their products and if they liked them? costs? pros? cons?

trying to keep an open mind..thanks

http://isagenix.com/us/en/home.dhtml

Edited by FELTGood 2012-11-09 1:50 PM

2012-11-09 1:54 PM
in reply to: #4492054

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: Isagenix...anyone using these products?
Standard MLM with lots of pie-in-the-sky on the money that can be made. I've tried a couple of their products, and frankly they didn't do much.
2012-11-09 2:01 PM
in reply to: #4492057

User image

Elite

briderdt - 2012-11-09 2:54 PM Standard MLM with lots of pie-in-the-sky on the money that can be made. I've tried a couple of their products, and frankly they didn't do much.

this is my initial impression. Told her I do not have time for the network marketing thing, since when I was in college I tried it before and it was not for me.

As a consumer if they had some good recovery drinks or a gu/gel equivalent , maybe I would get excited but not looking that way thus far

2012-11-09 2:23 PM

User image

Waldwick

I used the product last year to jump start my initial weight loss, I dropped 22 lbs using their products. I do not sell and get them through my wife's trainer, never been pressured to sell either. I like their product and it works if you stick to the program. I am now down almost 40 lbs but have switched to ProGrade products,Triathlon and regimented training programs for my weight loss and exercise . I love the shakes as meal supplements.

2012-11-09 2:54 PM
in reply to: #4492065

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
FELTGood - 2012-11-09 3:01 PM

this is my initial impression. Told her I do not have time for the network marketing thing, since when I was in college I tried it before and it was not for me.

you sold cutco I assume? So did I. Made enough to buy my kit, which I still use every day 20 years later. But the sales are tough.

I've been pitched isagenix twice by two different people. All it comes down to for me, regardless of whether the product is even effective, is the fact that the website I have been sent to is a video that is 95% about how wealthy and successful selling it will make me. That is the nature of MLM. Looking at it as only a prospective consumer, the message is clear: this stuff is so over priced that a whole chain of people are going to get rich off your purchases.

2012-11-09 3:02 PM
in reply to: #4492170

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

A friend uses/sells it.  It's very expensive, in my opinion, and right up there with any claims you might hear on an infomercial (I feel AMAZING, I HAVE SO MUCH ENERGY). I  think there is speed or something in their energizing products!   She gave me a protein shake to try and within 5 minutes my tummy was rumbling and I barely made it to the bathroom. She told me later that, oh yes, there was added fiber. 

While it's tempting in a weak moment to think "this is the answer!" it's a product like anything you can buy.  Okay, maybe it's a big more organic (or, whatever) than others, but a product in a jar.

Yes, you can lose weight starting out with it.  As you could with any strict calorie restriction.

2012-11-09 3:53 PM

User image

Elite

good stuff everyone...glad to hear the initial weightloss story

No, It wasnt cutco, but my cousin was selling that in college. I was selling long distance phone service provided by a real small group , before things changed with phone service delivery and the mass use of cell phones.  also Nikken, arbonne, and Melaleaca (I was roped in with them to purchase 50 dollars a month of product every month, and before long I had a surplus and it was not stopping!!)

I did not get to the pricing yet but I am sure it is expensive.  I am skeptical on the stuff they put in these products. To the above poster who had that reaction to the energy drink, i would not be suprised if they snuck in some stimulant in it.

2012-11-09 4:22 PM

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

Ask them if they stand behind their products with this!

This is actually on the website for products by a company called Rival Us(Not an endorsement, I don't personally use, nada, nada, nada)

2012-11-09 10:45 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
I know someone who does well with Isagenix.

On the other hand she USED TO BE A PERSONAL TRAINER who had let herself go......

She already knew what to do, and how to do it. 

There is no magic bullet, this is just over-hyped over-priced and a lot of garbage that isn't needed, in order to try and obtain "wealth".

Think about it this way too, the people who succeed at MLM are very dedicated.  The same dedication can get you fit on your own.  These people just are dedicated and doing MLM as well.

Save your money, buy real food.
2012-11-10 8:29 AM

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
Never heard of it. I'm content with staying fit and healthy the natural way of working out and eating the "right" foods.
2012-11-10 12:45 PM

Malvern, PA
I would say no thanks.

For these schemes to work, you have to be higher up on the pyramid.

2012-11-10 12:58 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2012-11-10 4:51 PM

New user

I use Isagenix and LOVE the products. You don't have to sell the products to use them. I lost 40lbs on Isagenix and they have helped me in my triathlons.  

100% Natural, Organic with no stimulants. Many Olympians and Pro athletes use Isagenix (and you don't have to worry about testing positive for any banned substances because it is all natural).

2012-11-10 7:31 PM

Malvern, PA
Cocaine is all natural but is a banned substance.

Same goes for EPO, come to think of it.

Just because something is 'natural' does not mean it's good.
2012-11-10 9:47 PM
in reply to: #4493177

Elite
litracy - 2012-11-10 5:51 PM

I use Isagenix and LOVE the products. You don't have to sell the products to use them. I lost 40lbs on Isagenix and they have helped me in my triathlons.  

100% Natural, Organic with no stimulants. Many Olympians and Pro athletes use Isagenix (and you don't have to worry about testing positive for any banned substances because it is all natural).

Not sure if I can say welcome to.the board since you joined in 08, but you have only four posts Where have you been?Can you elaborate more.on your weight loss ? How do you know it was not your triathlon lifestyle that you can attribute to.the weightloss?How did.it help you in your triathlons? What aspect? .....since you say triathlons and not training are you suggesting it made you faster? Just because pro and Olympic athletes use it does not necessarily hold much weight to me because some use ped's and that is not going to make me take them. so the endorsement is nice but when you really look at it , it only counts for so much.For example, I had worked with a Olympic sprinter who eventually played in the NFL and he used to eat a chili dog from 7-11 before a race....obviously that is not recommended and people are not going to start eating chili dogs.Did you train with it? Did you use the products in a race? What distance? I think we would like to.hear more specifics on how you implemented the product into.your tri training and which products dis you use? Thanks..I would appreciate it.
2012-11-12 8:58 AM
in reply to: #4493443

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2012-11-12 10:20 AM
in reply to: #4493349

You beat me to it.  Claiming something's good just because it's "all natural" is bogus (and a pet peeve of mine).

Cyanide is all natural, it's in apple seeds. 

datlas - 2012-11-10 7:31 PM Cocaine is all natural but is a banned substance.

Same goes for EPO, come to think of it.

Just because something is 'natural' does not mean it's good.

2016-12-03 9:21 AM

I don't sell isagenix, but I will give my input bc I use the product daily. And by the way whoever up in the thread said it's a pyramid scheme and u have to be "at the top" to make money, no disrespect: but have u studied the compensation plan? Then you'd see that statement is 100% inaccurate. The people selling it correctly want to share a product they believe in and to run a successful network marketing business u need good customers just as much as you want people do to the business with you so no, if the business isn't for you then that's ok! Buying quality from a network marketing company not only gives you a great product (do your research on the ingredients) but also an educator and mentor. That's how it should be. Sure some people do it wrong, but that's with every profession. Anyways this wasn't meant to be a network marketing rant.
So I won my AG at at IMWI qualified for Kona and am usually at the top of my age group at races to give some credibility. I started using it daily the beginning of 2016 and 2016 was a breakthrough performance year for me. I replace my lunch everyday (if not two meals in the offseason) with the dairy free isalean shake. I also use a couple of the other products and they are excellent. It helps me maintain race weight AND make sure I get all the aminos and other nutrients my body needs. This day in age it's hard even with the best of diets to support our bodies with what we need and eat right. Also as far as the expense, for me to shop and get all the nutrients I needs for each lunch would cost we WAAAAY more than isa does. Hope this helps.
2016-12-03 9:23 AM
in reply to: #5206731

Oh and I only used the shakes for daily nutrition not race day or for training.
2018-11-03 8:44 AM
in reply to: TanyaZ

I hope this helps with the conversation.

Isagenix is Brilliant company, ethically led, family run, producing scientifically proven foods with no compromise guarantee and 'evidenced based independently peer reviewed' research to support the use of the food. There is nothing artificial in the products.

They are Inform-sport.com approved too and used by 1.3 million people worldwide in 17+ countries. It is just food manufactured to provide dense balanced nutrition, with all the vitamins, minerals, protein, carbs, fats and sugars you need to function properly each day and the systems incorporate intermittent fasting using cleanse days - scientifically proven way of burning visceral fat and mobilising reserves to boost energy.

Cost of shake (meal replacement) is just under £2. Cheaper than a sandwich/crisp/orange juice meal deal from a high street store.

The food delivers high quality nutrition with no wasted calories. I lost 14kg and it has completely kick-started my love of triathlon age 47. I train harder for longer and have now entered my first FULL Ironman in Sep next year because for the first time ever I believe I now can due to many reasons, a key one being my nutrition to support training and performance.

I use the products all the time and more are coming to the UK soon. Because I love them, I share then with others who may be interested. This provides some compensation which means I eat for FREE! and it is excellent food = no processed packet/tins that most people still depend on. It is rare to find people who have the skill, and time freedom to prepare perfect meals each day and maintain your weight and energy. Well done if you do and that is great.

We should not judge before we judge ourselves and remember at the end of the day it is just personal choice. I would sooner want to buy from someone I trust rather than walking into a high street and buying some unproven product of the shelf from which only the company benefits.

Isagenix compensation plan is the most generous in the business but only 15% share the products. 85% worldwide just use them because they love them.

Good luck to everyone who wants to get going in Triathlon. It is an amazing sport, and nutrition is KEY. My background is Sport Science, Physiotherapy and Health Care....
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Isagenix...anyone using these products? Rss Feed