Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Bleach violence, weapons of war, and the numbers game. What problem are we trying to solve? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2013-01-11 8:57 AM
in reply to: #4572934

User image

Subject: RE: Bleach violence, weapons of war, and the numbers game. What problem are we trying to solve?

"Historically, who has waged war? The State has waged war. So by giving it the label "Weapon of War" in essence that label is saying "No civilian shall have access to this item. This item is a weapon of the State".

I think it is that American distrust of power in me but that statement in the video pretty much explains my negative emotional reaction when I listen to a politician talk about gun control.

2013-01-11 8:58 AM
in reply to: #4573558

User image

Subject: RE: Bleach violence, weapons of war, and the numbers game. What problem are we trying to solve?
tealeaf - 2013-01-11 6:18 AM
powerman - 2013-01-11 9:11 AM
tealeaf - 2013-01-11 7:06 AM

It doesn't matter what you're "not trying" to do, what matters is what you're doing.

Once again, a pro-gun person compares something which does not exist for the express purpose of killing things with something that does.

I apologize if I offended. Seriously. But you lost me. What does not exist?

Prescription drugs don't exist for the express purpose of killing things.

Guns do exist for the express purpose of killing things.

So in my mind, the two are not comparable when it comes to discussions about waiting periods and such.

The irony is that the object which as you say is "for the express purpose of killing things" kills a fraction of the people that prescription drugs do.

2013-01-11 9:02 AM
in reply to: #4573648

User image

Elite
Jackemy1 - 2013-01-11 7:57 AM

"Historically, who has waged war? The State has waged war. So by giving it the label "Weapon of War" in essence that label is saying "No civilian shall have access to this item. This item is a weapon of the State".

I think it is that American distrust of power in me but that statement in the video pretty much explains my negative emotional reaction when I listen to a politician talk about gun control.

And who could possible argue in favor of weapons of war?

2013-01-11 9:05 AM
in reply to: #4573546

User image

powerman - 2013-01-11 6:12 AM
scorpio516 - 2013-01-11 6:21 AM

What I don't completely understand is why there is a "Firearm (unknown type)" category?  The difference between a handgun bullet and wound is different from a rifle bullet or wound - unless they are 22lr  (which it could be, 22lr is the #2 or #3 most used caliber in crimes) - and different from a shotgun wound.

I wondered the same.

Me too. The 22lr is not the only caliber that can be fired from a rifle or hand gun, many handgun rounds have rifles chanbered in those as well. 9mm, 357, 44, 45, 45 long cold/410 and I'm sure others. I would think if a weapon isn't recovered that they could fall into this category or if no projectile is recovered.

Would be nice to know for sure.

2013-01-11 9:08 AM
in reply to: #4573660

User image

Pro
crusevegas - 2013-01-11 9:05 AM
powerman - 2013-01-11 6:12 AM
scorpio516 - 2013-01-11 6:21 AM

What I don't completely understand is why there is a "Firearm (unknown type)" category?  The difference between a handgun bullet and wound is different from a rifle bullet or wound - unless they are 22lr  (which it could be, 22lr is the #2 or #3 most used caliber in crimes) - and different from a shotgun wound.

I wondered the same.

Me too. The 22lr is not the only caliber that can be fired from a rifle or hand gun, many handgun rounds have rifles chanbered in those as well. 9mm, 357, 44, 45, 45 long cold/410 and I'm sure others. I would think if a weapon isn't recovered that they could fall into this category or if no projectile is recovered.

Would be nice to know for sure.

That is correct.

2013-01-11 9:27 AM

User image

Champion
SoCal

Thanks for posting the videos Powerman they sum up what I feel in a much better way then I can express them. I have been fighting the term assault rifle for a while now.

2013-01-11 11:30 AM
in reply to: #4573218

User image

, Oregon
Khyron - 2013-01-10 8:36 PM
powerman - 2013-01-10 7:57 PM
Khyron - 2013-01-10 7:48 PM

Why can't I have a 12 round semi-automatic grenade launcher? Why can't I have 20kg of C4 for my farm? Why can't I have a stinger missile launcher? 

One, because you can't afford a Stinger Missle Launcher. But if you had $20,000 laying around, you could own a M-16.

Two, because explosives are covered under the National Firearm Act, and so are grenade launchers.

Have you EVER heard the NRA argue for grenade launchers? Have you ever heard them argue for claymore mines?

More misinformation and diversion. What we are arguing about is personal fire arms protected under the 2A... specifically mentioned... and defined in numerous cases across the land.

We could discuss why you can't have a unicorn, but I do not see the relavence to the discussion on gun control.

I happen to like shooting at the range. I could also afford a stinger if they'd sell me one.

But you were asking the problem you are trying to solve - which is what exactly is "an ok weapon for everyone to have" - ie, comparing a pistol to a knife or a sword vs what's a "silly weapon of mass destruction". Belt-fed M60 good? Or should it only be revolvers? Why is 30 rnd AK-47 ok for some people where others say only a 4 rnd bolt action is the max? How is an unstable neighbour with a couple of frag grenades more scary than same guy with 2 loaded mp5s? THAT's the point the gun-guys don't get. You believe he's no worse than a guy with a switchblade, where someone else thinks he's comparable to a nut with a bazooka. You'll never all be on the same page.

If it was up to me, I'd treat it like tobacco or booze (and pot) - and gradually tax the crap out of it but don't make em illegal. Progressive tax on all weapons, and 100-200% tax on ammo. Take a bite out of the deficit as well. Even better if there was more certification/classes required. People are more careful with expensive stuff.

You can buy an AK for 50$ in many places in Africa - that's not the kind of place most of you would want to live. 

So let me get this straight you want me to have to pay an exorbitant tax so that I may exercise my second amendment right as outlined in the Constitution of the United States.  I know you are from Canada and this may seem odd but i have a constitutional right to own a firearm.  Just like I have a constitutional right to worship as i please.  So no I do not think taxing a Constitutional right is a good argument.  As for as taxing tobacco, alcohol, and pot fine i do not have a constitutional right to use those products.   

2013-01-11 11:51 AM
in reply to: #4573910

User image

Champion
Chicago
idahocraig - 2013-01-11 11:30 AM

Khyron - 2013-01-10 8:36 PM
powerman - 2013-01-10 7:57 PM
Khyron - 2013-01-10 7:48 PM

Why can't I have a 12 round semi-automatic grenade launcher? Why can't I have 20kg of C4 for my farm? Why can't I have a stinger missile launcher? 

One, because you can't afford a Stinger Missle Launcher. But if you had $20,000 laying around, you could own a M-16.

Two, because explosives are covered under the National Firearm Act, and so are grenade launchers.

Have you EVER heard the NRA argue for grenade launchers? Have you ever heard them argue for claymore mines?

More misinformation and diversion. What we are arguing about is personal fire arms protected under the 2A... specifically mentioned... and defined in numerous cases across the land.

We could discuss why you can't have a unicorn, but I do not see the relavence to the discussion on gun control.

I happen to like shooting at the range. I could also afford a stinger if they'd sell me one.

But you were asking the problem you are trying to solve - which is what exactly is "an ok weapon for everyone to have" - ie, comparing a pistol to a knife or a sword vs what's a "silly weapon of mass destruction". Belt-fed M60 good? Or should it only be revolvers? Why is 30 rnd AK-47 ok for some people where others say only a 4 rnd bolt action is the max? How is an unstable neighbour with a couple of frag grenades more scary than same guy with 2 loaded mp5s? THAT's the point the gun-guys don't get. You believe he's no worse than a guy with a switchblade, where someone else thinks he's comparable to a nut with a bazooka. You'll never all be on the same page.

If it was up to me, I'd treat it like tobacco or booze (and pot) - and gradually tax the crap out of it but don't make em illegal. Progressive tax on all weapons, and 100-200% tax on ammo. Take a bite out of the deficit as well. Even better if there was more certification/classes required. People are more careful with expensive stuff.

You can buy an AK for 50$ in many places in Africa - that's not the kind of place most of you would want to live. 

So let me get this straight you want me to have to pay an exorbitant tax so that I may exercise my second amendment right as outlined in the Constitution of the United States.  I know you are from Canada and this may seem odd but i have a constitutional right to own a firearm.  Just like I have a constitutional right to worship as i please.  So no I do not think taxing a Constitutional right is a good argument.  As for as taxing tobacco, alcohol, and pot fine i do not have a constitutional right to use those products.   

So you think you shouldn't have to pay sales tax when you purchase a gun?

What about the actual cost of the gun? Do you think someone should give you a gun, since it's your Constitutional right and all?
2013-01-11 11:59 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

having read through all of this and thinking about it last night and this morning on my commute I think I would agree with Powerman (which I rarely do but still respect him as I respect most here on BT). The numbers and statistics on gun related deaths and injuries are all out there. The media, legislators, and lobbyists from all angles use these numbers to try and prove their own point by skewing data or not providing definitions.

To me, after the recent trajedies and acts of violence which have occured, it comes down to first defining what problem we are trying to solve. All of the proposed solutions that I have heard so far seem like they are trying to solve a problem before defining it (Ala Hitchikers guide to the galaxy - the answers is 42 but what is the question!) What we really need right now is to understand what the problem is from an unbiased viewpoint and then examine and propose solutions. If that were ever to happen I do not think the realistic solution would have much if anything to do with stricter gun or ammo laws, however we will never get here because people on all sides are to emotionally invested to think in an unbiased manner.

as an aside, I saw on the news that VP Biden, for one of his meetings, is meeting with the video game industry to discuss gun violence. To me that makes no sense - yes there are violent games out there but I have never seen a study the actually connected violent games to added violence (though I could have just missed it is all).

2013-01-11 12:16 PM
in reply to: #4573948

User image

mr2tony - 2013-01-11 9:51 AM  Do you think someone should give you a gun, since it's your Constitutional right and all?

Isn't that you stance on Health Care, since it's a "right"?

2013-01-11 12:30 PM
in reply to: #4572959

User image

Elite
Venture Industries,
tealeaf - 2013-01-10 6:53 PM
TriRSquared - 2013-01-10 6:51 PM
tealeaf - 2013-01-10 6:44 PM

I do not like it when people decide that since people dying due to suicide is suicide, that it shouldn't count, or doesn't matter with respect to the larger issue of guns. I've seen numbers that anywhere from 85 to 98% of people who commit or attempt suicide have some form or mental illness or depression. The easy availability of guns makes it just that much easier to kill themselves. Perhaps if guns were not so readily available, some of these souls would have tried a less lethal method and failed, or not tried at all.

A bullet ripping through one's head is pretty GD violent, if you ask me.

It doesn't take a semi-automatic gun to kill yourself.  Short of banning ALL guns (and look we all know that's not going to happen) people will continue to commit suicide with guns.

We need a strawman argument font on BT, I think.

Nope it's a valid point.  It's valid because the proposed "fixes" for the "culture of gun violence" and to fix the "staggering amount of gun violence" is to ban high capacity magazines, and assualt weapons.    The original OP pointing out the hidden numbers in the statistics is asking the basic question about the efficacy and honesty of current "gun control" advocates.  If approximately 60% of the "gun violence" are suicides the question must be asked if banning high capacity magazines and assualt weapons will have any appreciable effect on these numbers?

No one is saying that suicide isn't a compelling issue, however when that compelling issue is being used as a justification by those in favor of gun control, without being honest about it, then the question is a valid one.  How would prohibitting "large capacity magazines" and "assualt weapons" impact the number of "Gun violence" victims, given that the total number of "gun violence" victims includes self inlficted "gun violence?"

It's also a question of honesty.  The pro gun control side promotes these figures as if every single victim of gun violence is some type of mass shooting case.  At the very least to have an honest and open debate about the issue, the fact that suicides are part of the total gun violence statistics should be disclosed.

It comes down to what many anti gun control people argue, and that is the current sugestions of the pro gun control side are feel good political moves that will have no effect on gun violence, and its only effect will be to deprive otherwise law abidding citizens of certain things.

2013-01-11 12:40 PM
in reply to: #4574035

User image

Champion
Chicago
Brock Samson - 2013-01-11 12:30 PM

I do not like it when people decide that since people dying due to suicide is suicide, that it shouldn't count, or doesn't matter with respect to the larger issue of guns. I've seen numbers that anywhere from 85 to 98% of people who commit or attempt suicide have some form or mental illness or depression. The easy availability of guns makes it just that much easier to kill themselves. Perhaps if guns were not so readily available, some of these souls would have tried a less lethal method and failed, or not tried at all.

It doesn't take a semi-automatic gun to kill yourself.  Short of banning ALL guns (and look we all know that's not going to happen) people will continue to commit suicide with guns.

Nope it's a valid point.  It's valid because the proposed "fixes" for the "culture of gun violence" and to fix the "staggering amount of gun violence" is to ban high capacity magazines, and assualt weapons.    The original OP pointing out the hidden numbers in the statistics is asking the basic question about the efficacy and honesty of current "gun control" advocates.  If approximately 60% of the "gun violence" are suicides the question must be asked if banning high capacity magazines and assualt weapons will have any appreciable effect on these numbers?

No one is saying that suicide isn't a compelling issue, however when that compelling issue is being used as a justification by those in favor of gun control, without being honest about it, then the question is a valid one.  How would prohibitting "large capacity magazines" and "assualt weapons" impact the number of "Gun violence" victims, given that the total number of "gun violence" victims includes self inlficted "gun violence?"

It's also a question of honesty.  The pro gun control side promotes these figures as if every single victim of gun violence is some type of mass shooting case.  At the very least to have an honest and open debate about the issue, the fact that suicides are part of the total gun violence statistics should be disclosed.

It comes down to what many anti gun control people argue, and that is the current sugestions of the pro gun control side are feel good political moves that will have no effect on gun violence, and its only effect will be to deprive otherwise law abidding citizens of certain things.

I'm interested in knowing what the pro gun folks think is a solution.

Thus far, I've heard only `More guns.'
2013-01-11 1:04 PM
in reply to: #4574067

User image

mr2tony - 2013-01-11 10:40 AM

I'm interested in knowing what the pro gun folks think is a solution. Thus far, I've heard only `More guns.'

Solution to what specifically?

2013-01-11 1:05 PM

User image

NC

mr2tony - 2013-01-11 1:40 PM I'm interested in knowing what the pro gun folks think is a solution. 

Prospective gun purchasers must demonstrate the ability to:

Close to 1hr swim time: at a minimum, sub 1:30/100yd swim pace should be a comfortable warmup. An example test set to get in the ballpark of having a chance to break 1 hour might be something like 20x100scy on 1:20-1:25 coming in at 1:10-15.

Sub 5hr bike split on typical flat or rolling hill course: Approx. 3w/kg minimum at .75 IF for the more aerodynamic setups.

Sub 3:20 run split: Approx. capable of at least sub 6:50 run pace at upper endurance heart rate for long runs assuming >20hrs training/wk with majority Ironman cycling specific. Much faster E pace likely req'd for lower overall training time.

2013-01-11 1:59 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
mr2tony - 2013-01-11 12:40 PM

I'm interested in knowing what the pro gun folks think is a solution.

Thus far, I've heard only `More guns.'

This question presumes that the pro gun folks believe that there is a problem that needs a solution. I think it's pretty clear from some of the posts on BT and especially from what we've been hearing from the NRA and elsewhere, that many on the pro gun side are of the opinion that the only things that need fixing are school security, the media, and the mental health care system.

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2013-01-11 2:08 PM
2013-01-11 2:22 PM
in reply to: #4574208

User image

Pro
jmk-brooklyn - 2013-01-11 1:59 PM

I'm interested in knowing what the pro gun folks think is a solution. Thus far, I've heard only `More guns.'
This question presumes that the pro gun folks believe that there is a problem that needs a solution. I think it's pretty clear from some of the posts on BT and especially from what we've been hearing from the NRA and elsewhere, that many on the pro gun side are of the opinion that the only things that need fixing are school security, the media, and the mental health care system.

Well, if you start with those three things you'll be alot further down the road to solving safety concerns than you will be by imposing more gun control. 

2013-01-11 2:48 PM
in reply to: #4573458

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
scorpio516 - 2013-01-11 7:21 AM
Left Brain - 2013-01-10 9:40 PM
crusevegas - 2013-01-10 9:07 PM
StateTotal
murders1
Total
firearms
HandgunsRiflesShotgunsFirearms
(type
unknown)
Knives or
cutting
instruments
Other
weapons
Hands, fists,
feet, etc.2
Alaska29165038652
Arizona3392221651493449599
Arkansas15311052464822174
California1,7901,2208664550259261208101
Colorado14773393526223121
Connecticut1289454113818106
Delaware412818037823
District of Columbia108773701392191
Georgia52237032616161261838
Hawaii710100213
Idaho321715101483
Illinois3452377364157292917
Indiana28418311591247364322
Iowa44197021010105
Kansas11073313534111610
Kentucky150100776512132413
Louisiana48540237210812282926
Maine25123117472
Maryland398272262253753417
Massachusetts18312252016930229
Michigan6134502672915139438931
Minnesota70433633112123
Mississippi18713812164726149
Missouri36427615813996284218
Montana1872311452
Nebraska654235214797
Nevada1297546212620259
New Hampshire1661212460
New Jersey3792692381525514118
New Mexico1216045221121328
New York7744453945163016014326
North Carolina489335235261955605737
North Dakota1263003402
Ohio488344187813136448020
Oklahoma204131998915262126
Oregon774013122422105
Pennsylvania63647037981964736627
Rhode Island1451004540
South Carolina319223126101275384018
South Dakota1553101433
Tennessee37324417271352516216
Texas1,089699497374811717513481
Utah5126154165911
Vermont842002220
Virginia303208110101573334121
Washington16179581317293617
West Virginia744323103711137
Wisconsin13580607310211321
Wyoming15117004013
Virgin Islands383127004520
  • 1 Total number of murders for which supplemental homicide data were received.
  • 2 Pushed is included in hands, fists, feet, etc.
  • 3 Limited supplemental homicide data were received.

Looking at these stats tell me why going after the ar15 style weapons makes any sense?

Again, it's laughable because it's ALL emotion.  

Go on....look at the number of murders with rifles.....and then remember that the black rifles you are so afraid of is a subset of "rifles", so the number of murders with those is even lower.....go ahead, look hard to find the justification for your fear.

Go ahead, compare rifle murders with people who were stabbed or beaten to death (go ahead and separate knives and beatings if you wish)......I dare you.  Tell me what you are trying to accomplish.

Sorry.

Could be home made stuff like zip guns and such.

2013-01-11 3:31 PM
in reply to: #4574239

User image

Elite
Left Brain - 2013-01-12 7:22 AM

Well, if you start with those three things you'll be alot further down the road to solving safety concerns than you will be by imposing more gun control. 

Mental health has to be addressed as a priority. Norway has very strict gun control no constitutional right to bear arms and look what happened there when a crazy made up his mind to take out a camp full if teenagers. The issue with trying to fix anything to do with health care it's costly and takes time. I believe the government want to impress with a quick fix some gun control law changes very easy to pass maybe not easy to enforce but looks good in the media etc. security in schools I think would ease my mind as a parent but its costly so won't be the first in the list. If suicide is something that we are trying to solve (I thought it was about mass shootings but hey) then again mental health and support is the key. If someone wants to kill themselves they make a choice how to do it a gun is a more certain choice where pills or other ways less 'certain'

Edited by jobaxas 2013-01-11 3:35 PM
2013-01-11 3:41 PM
in reply to: #4574369

User image

Champion
Chicago
jobaxas - 2013-01-11 3:31 PM

Mental health has to be addressed as a priority. Norway has very strict gun control no constitutional right to bear arms and look what happened there when a crazy made up his mind to take out a camp full if teenagers. The issue with trying to fix anything to do with health care it's costly and takes time. I believe the government want to impress with a quick fix some gun control law changes very easy to pass maybe not easy to enforce but looks good in the media etc. security in schools I think would ease my mind as a parent but its costly so won't be the first in the list. If suicide is something that we are trying to solve (I thought it was about mass shootings but hey) then again mental health and support is the key. If someone wants to kill themselves they make a choice how to do it a gun is a more certain choice where pills or other ways less 'certain'

I agree. The U.S. should improve access to healthcare so everybody who needs it can get help.
2013-01-11 3:42 PM
in reply to: #4574396

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas
mr2tony - 2013-01-11 3:41 PM

I agree. The U.S. should improve access to healthcare so everybody who needs it can get help.

Obamacare...problem solved already.

2013-01-11 4:14 PM
in reply to: #4574398

User image

Elite
Hook'em - 2013-01-12 8:42 AM
mr2tony - 2013-01-11 3:41 PM

Obamacare...problem solved already.

. It's not just about 'access to healthcare' it's adequate and appropriate treatment of mental health patients. These are the ones who can threaten society if not properly diagnosed and treated or removed as a threat - lock people up commit them I dunno? Much as it sounds barbaric it probably needs addressing g.

2013-01-11 8:38 PM

User image

Elite

mr2tony - 2013-01-11 11:40 AM  I'm interested in knowing what the pro gun folks think is a solution. Thus far, I've heard only `More guns.'

Yes Tony... define what we are trying to solve. If we are trying to solve Sandy Hook, then so far the gun controls being proposed do not solve it.

If you are trying to solve the problem of guns being used to kill people... well hell, that's easy. Destroy all guns and stop making them. You will need to repeal the 2A, and when you are done, you won't stop people from killing people.

LaPierre is an idiot. "More guns" is not the solution, neither is less. There is a very small number of mentally unstable people that want to go out in a blaze of glory and kill a bunch of people and be taken out in a hail of bullets so they can be imortalized in media for all time. They want their face in the 24/7 news entertainment channels so talking heads can talk about them for decades to come. I'm not quite sure where to start to beigin to deal with that. Media, mental health, guns?

As a law abiding citizen, I do not want bad guys or mentally unstable people to have guns. To follow the rest of the Bill of Rights, they have to be ruled a prohibited person through due process and the courts. Criminals are easy, I have no idea what to do to legally rule to someone mentally unstable to have guns. Right now you have to be ruled "mentally deficient". As in certifiable crazy.. we are talking severe here... Cho, Holmes, and Lanza... not sure what to do with that.

The only way to ensure dealers do not sell to prohibited people, is to do a background check. (solution) Yes we can even require back ground checks for private sales. (solution) Yes we can strengthen what goes into back ground checks. (solution) Yes we can not allow private sales at gun shows, or require back ground checks for all sales. (solution) I do not agree with a "National Registry"... but I think we could come up with a Federal law that says "States will track firearms in their state". And that the only way law enforcment could access such a data base is through due prosess and a warant investigating a crime... to go back and see who sold what to who and when and prosecute those that did not have a background check to transfer a weapon. (solution) We most certainly need to stiffen requirements on felons getting their rights back. (solution)

Make no mistake... that will not keep guns off the black market. That will not keep criminals from getting guns... and that would not have stopped Adam Lanza... Cho and Holmes possibly... I know full well it does not stop prohibited people from getting guns, but as a law abiding citizen, I do not want to provide easy means for them to get them. Like you said.. make em work for it, and if they get guns, then there is a host of laws already to punish them. We could at least stop the easy strawman and corrupt FFL sales. 

But other than that, what else do you want? Mag restrictions, AWB, lisencing, training, safes, no CCW, ... and the rest of the 20,000 gun laws ALREADY on the books, did not stop Sandy Hook. 20,000 more won't either. It isn't that pro gun folks are not willing to compromise... it is that pro gun folks are sick and tired of giving in and giving in to every irrational emotional plea with nothing in return, and laws that don't actually adress the problem.

Fienstien is clear on what she wants, Cumo is clear, Forbes is clear, Bloomberg is clear, Illinois is clear, DC is clear... they want all guns banned period. That isn't a myth, it's a fact. So we can go back and forth about this law or that law and what we should do for this and that... but the antis are dishonest, they are not trying to solve a current problem in the media, they are trying to solve the existence of guns. Those that disagree are tired of giving in.

2013-01-16 8:59 AM

User image

Elite

So New York passed their version of gun control. By the above stats... they passed the strictest gun control laws in the nation and implemented a AWB. There were 5 murders with rifles last year... FIVE. 26 people used their hands or feet to kill somebody. But obviously, the 5 murders involving rifles... needed a complete semi-automatic rifle ban.

They implemented a 7 round max capacity on existing guns. You can own a grandfathered 10 round mag, but you can only have 7 bullets in it. You must turn over to the government all magazines over 10 rounds. How in the fudge does that make any sense at all? Where is the data showing the correlation of crimes and magazines. How do they arrive at 10... were do they get to 7?

Believe it or not, there are 8 round revolvers. Am I only able to load 7 bullets?

To top it all off... The President Of The United States of America is going to trot out children today for a publicity stunt to announce his plans. Without a doubt... he is the best marketer to ever be in the white house. I can't wait to see the new logo his sales team has come up with for gun control.

2013-01-16 9:02 AM
in reply to: #4580799

User image

Pro
powerman - 2013-01-16 8:59 AM

So New York passed their version of gun control. By the above stats... they passed the strictest gun control laws in the nation and implemented a AWB. There were 5 murders with rifles last year... FIVE. 26 people used their hands or feet to kill somebody. But obviously, the 5 murders involving rifles... needed a complete semi-automatic rifle ban.

They implemented a 7 round max capacity on existing guns. You can own a grandfathered 10 round mag, but you can only have 7 bullets in it. You must turn over to the government all magazines over 10 rounds. How in the fudge does that make any sense at all? Where is the data showing the correlation of crimes and magazines. How do they arrive at 10... were do they get to 7?

Believe it or not, there are 8 round revolvers. Am I only able to load 7 bullets?

To top it all off... The President Of The United States of America is going to trot out children today for a publicity stunt to announce his plans. Without a doubt... he is the best marketer to ever be in the white house. I can't wait to see the new logo his sales team has come up with for gun control.

No.

2013-01-17 9:51 PM

User image

Elite

I was hoping to use this thread for all the ridiculous stuff put out against guns instead of multiple threads.

According to Jessi Jackson, semi-auto rifles are anti-aircraft guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lAoKdm8tjzI

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Bleach violence, weapons of war, and the numbers game. What problem are we trying to solve? Rss Feed  

of 5