United States
19F / -7C
Precipitation
Total Time = 4h 40m 3s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 4/5
Pre-race routine:

Friday morning, Audrey, Verna and I loaded up the jeep and drove to Marquette. Because it was my car and the weather was super crappy, I didn't want anyone to feel unconfy driving a car other than theirs, so i drove the entire way... 7 hours... with one stop... the convo was good, and it went fast, but it was a stressful 7 hours because the roads were so bad.

We checked into the hotel, went to the race expo/bib pickup, then went to get some bananas and then ate at buffalo wild wings. had some beer, and wine and packed up for the next day and were in bed by 11.

Up at 6, breakfast in the hotel (yummy waffel) then changed and packed up the car, checked out and drove to the Superior dome. Got on the last bus to the start, and hung out in the school next to the start for about 45 min. The three of us started in the last wave so we had a while to wait. Drank a pink rock star, had a gu about 20 min before the start, got super nervous for some reason. then 10 min before our start, Walked out to the start, got in the tracks and were off!
Event warmup:

No warm up. This race is so long, I planned on using the first 20 min as a 'warmup'
Post race

Last updated: 2013-01-31 12:00 AM
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2013-01-31 2:50 PM

User image

Expert
Western WI
Subject: Noquemanon Ski Marathon, 50K

2013-02-04 1:55 PM
in reply to: #4603260

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chelsea, MI
Subject: RE: Noquemanon Ski Marathon, 50K

Great job on the race.  I was there for the 15 mile snowshoe race.  It amazed me how fast some of the skiers could go doing freestyle. Very cool. 

How was your last 1/2 mile?  By the time I got there it was just ice and slush.  Very messy to say the least.

Anyway.  Great job on a 51K.

Chris 

2013-02-04 2:20 PM
in reply to: #4603260

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Noquemanon Ski Marathon, 50K
Wow, what an interesting sounding race!  Congrats on finishing despite the stressful drive, cold and precipitation.  Love your night-before food and beverage choices!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Noquemanon Ski Marathon, 50K Rss Feed