Other Resources My Cup of Joe » What do you want to do, but can't? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2013-02-07 4:41 AM
in reply to: #4609781

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: What do you want to do, but can't?
I wish I could make my daughters dream come true and get a dog but DH won't have a bar of it she asks me every day.....tears this morning... I am soooo tempted to just go get one but that's not how we roll. Sigh

Edited by jobaxas 2013-02-07 4:43 AM

2013-02-07 6:30 AM
in reply to: #4609870

User image

Bronze member

Left Brain - 2013-02-05 2:39 PM Train retriever dogs again.

Why can't you do this? You can come visit me and train mine all you want!!!!

2013-02-07 6:34 AM
in reply to: #4612245

User image

Bronze member

jobaxas - 2013-02-07 4:41 AM I wish I could make my daughters dream come true and get a dog but DH won't have a bar of it she asks me every day.....tears this morning... I am soooo tempted to just go get one but that's not how we roll. Sigh

Your daughter will be fine. I know this because I was your daughter growing up. I always wanted a dog, asked for one every Christmas and birthday. My parents never got me a dog but it is o.k. As an adult I have always had at least one dog - sometimes two. I survived as a kid and I never resented my parents for not letting me have a dog.

Can you take her to volunteer at a shelter or something?

Now the tables have turned for me - my son always asks for a horse!

2013-02-07 6:42 AM

User image

Bronze member

I would like to be able to open a preschool in our little town. The state funds have cut out the pre-k program so there is nothing here. You have to go to a neighboring town for anything besides a babysitter. I have 17 years experience working in early childhood education, and a basement full of enough toys/books/games to fill a classroom. This seems like a perfect fit but the financial reality is you can't make money teaching preschool. My husband is completely against sinking any money into this idea and I really can't blame him.

I would also love to be able to run without foot pain but that has not happened in over 20 years.

2013-02-07 6:57 AM

User image

Expert
, New Hampshire

jobaxas, trigal38, I was totally that girl growing up. I wasn't allowed to have pets, unless you count fish as pets, which I don't for the mere fact that you can't pet them. Well, I suppose you can, but it's not rewarding.

As soon as I graduated from university and moved out for good, I got a cat, and now I'm happy as can be.

Now, if only I could have more than one...but hubby says no.

2013-02-07 7:00 AM
in reply to: #4612245

User image

Elite

jobaxas - 2013-02-07 3:41 AM I wish I could make my daughters dream come true and get a dog but DH won't have a bar of it she asks me every day.....tears this morning... I am soooo tempted to just go get one but that's not how we roll. Sigh

I'll try to make this short... Dad wanted dog, Mom said no. They bought their first house. Dad took us to the pound to get a nice old mellow dog. We saw this guy and he barely moved. Called him and he didn't care to bother. Dad said "that's the one". Took him home before Mom got there. Went out and got dog stuff... came back and the dog is going absolutely bannannas. OFF THE HOOK!

"Captain" was a Noriegian Elkhound. Great dogs, but they will fight any male dog on sight. No questions asked. Ya, happened about 50 times. The pound had him sedated, because he was going bonkers. He was only a year old. Spend the next two years chewing everything of my Moms up. Oh ya... and they bark, that's what they do hunting. Finally, 11 years later, she finally had a nice old mellow dog that laid at her feet and kept them warm.

2013-02-08 7:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Tucson
Build a nice run base without injury. :-(
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » What do you want to do, but can't? Rss Feed  

of 4